DePaul Healthcare

Working at DePaul Healthcare: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

workplacecareemployeemanagementcompanyresidentadministrator

The work is not that hard.

Staffs having a hard time getting their vacation.the work is good but they give you no incentives even in the COVID-19 other people that work other places they gave their workers incentive but not Rosehill we the workers gotten nothing and we worked hard I just think that was so unfair .only thing that they given us are vacation and PTO time and even that we have a hard time getting because of lack of staff , we should not have to lose our vacation time because they don’t want to hire agency.C

Cons

Overall a good company to work for. Caring staff; Longevity of staff says it all.

I have been here for a few years. The staffing are excellent; most have been here for over 10 years which is unusual in assisted living; Administrator has been here over 20 years; She is tough but fair and and believes in work life balance. She runs the facility efficiently; Nurses are easy to work with. Everyone has a positive attitude which makes coming in to work easy.

DePaul Healthcare insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Don’t waste your time

Awful company! Only care about the money. Negative towards staff and residents. No appreciable for hard work and employees longevity. They will cut you in a blink of an eye. Honestly, you can find better anywhere. Don’t make a career mistake by joining! If I could give negative stars I would!

Staff and building

The worst place to work , staff and management are backstabbing Staff sleep in residents rooms it is dirty Staff lack compassion Poor communication Short staff

Do not waste your time

DON is unprofessional, lies, and speaks behinds staffs backs to other staff (and lies to administrator). The administrator is trying to hold the place together. Corporate nurses come in and are strict, but fair. Do not waste your time applying since they have a very high nurse turnover rate especially due to the DON. Residents are very sweet.

Official response from DePaul Healthcare

July 2, 2020
___________________________________________________________New nursing management.___________________________________________________________

Good work environment

I enjoyed working @ Day Springs of Wallace. unfortunately I was terminated due to do something out of my control. I followed all procedure that was in my scope of practice.

And they call themselves 5 star yeah right!!!!!

They stay so short staffed residents are can’t possibly get the proper care they need It’s just not the best place to work. One of the nurses is so rude... she would NEVER make it anywhere else.

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

Just not a good place

High turnover

Director of nursing is overbearing abrasive and hard to work with her way or the highway high turn over for nursing staff. The administrator is running the nursing department and schedule. Short staffed no coverage for call outs. Staff get stuck working doubles no performance eval or raises

Pros

Smaller company

Cons

Everything else

Not a fun place to work thank God for Co Workers

I worked at Absecon Manor for close to 10 years. I have done overtime whenever they asked I worked 16 hour shifts when nurses would not show up, and during every snowstorm or hurricane I would stay without going home under the threat that I would loose my job. In spite of all of this over the course of 10 years the new director of nursing who had just started Thanksgiving weak saw fit to fire me on December 6, without speaking to my supervisor or any of the nurses that worked with me. When I attempted to speak to the administrator on three separate occasions she used different excuses not to see me, one that she stated she was in a meeting with 2 of the executives that were not even in her office they were standing down the hallway from me. They don't care about their employees which is obvious by the turn over of nurses since this DON has started. The assistant DON is no better she is simply a yes woman to the DON. I can not recommend Absecon Manor under the management it currently has.

Enjoyed my time here

I truly enjoyed my time at DePaul. My immediate supervisor was very supportive. Employees worked as a team. Questions were answered quickly and completely. I worked in the field and was able to reach someone immediately if I had a question that needed to be addressed. Holiday work was shared in an equitable manner. Staff truly cared about the patients and families. Patient care was the central focus.

Pros

management supportive, team environment

Staff Turnover

Upper management does not care about the employees nor the residents. I have never seen a company with as much employee turnover, approx 50% of employees per year. Money is wasted hiring new employees instead of trying to retain the current ones. There is no loyalty to employees and no room for growth. HR is no help with this.

Pros

Nice residents

Cons

Everything else

Love my job!

I love the management team! I get along so well with other staff and administration! Everyone is so tight together we are like a family! I started my career with Depaul right out of college and I have been here for almost 5 years. I love my job, my fellow coworkers, management and the benefits are the best I have seen!

Pros

supportive staff, flexibility, mentorship

Cons

can be stressful sometime but you get through it.

Friendly, happy place to work

DePaul Healthcare was a wonderful place to work. The work was constant and challenging at times, but a good place to work. My coworkers and management were always ready to help and answer any questions that I had.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Great opportunity to gain experience

I gained a lot of experience at this facility. Although opportunity for advancement is not there. I am ready to move on and try some new experience's and have a chance for advancement.

Pros

Opportunity to pick up shifts

Cons

Staffing

It was ok

I liked the work I was doing, but it was a struggle to get things done at times. Management was always receptive of change/s, and still isn't today. It has a chance of doing things but it going to take something drastic to change overall.

Pros

people

Cons

management

Poor administration

Terrible! Do not work here! They lie to u about your pay when hired,then take a 30 min break every day from you that you don't get. Administrator has NO respect for staff and expect u to work short staffed every day! On top of everything else the staffing schedule is only done 7 days at a time so you never know when you will work or what shift to go into. Just plain terrible place!!

Horrible

Worst company I have worked for. No room for growth within the company. Poorly staffed so they put pressure on employees. Administrator has a poor attitude and no respect. Docked me for a 30 min break I wasn't able to take. They have med techs who sign your initials on a paper that says you took your 30 min break. Love the residents but their families are paying for the bare minimum in my eyes.

Cons

No breaks

Horrible place to work

This was the worse position I have ever worked!! There is high turnover because of the conditions and treatment of both employees and especially the residents. Privately owned and only care about getting the money. The culture is strange and they will find a way to fire you if they don't like you. Can't be smart to work there. Administrators want to not question anything and just follow orders despite if it doesn't make sense.

Pros

7 min drive to work

DePaul Hospital

RTs are required to handle all resp. needs including breathing treatments, all ventilator care and weaning, bronchial hygiene, complete trach care, code situations and PFTs.

Not run well

Mismanaged from the very top, underhanded methods and constant increasing squeeze on employees. Company is not on the up and up, seems to be folding slowly and the only ones not being affected by it is corporate management.

nursing job from hades

I am a former employee there, The nursing administration is a joke and the director of nursing belongs in a lock down unit.They are more worried about getting paid from the patients insurance then the patient care.They have a huge nursing turn over because once you start to work there you see that they don't care, The owner is blind to this place unless she gets investigated for wage fraud.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DePaul Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits