DePaul University

DePaul University Employee Reviews

I like my job as a research tutor
I feel like I've developed more skills in this job than any other campus job. Additionally, this job puts me ahead of other students because I am so familiar with different research techniques.
Academic environment
Very welcoming environment and professional working setup
Resume Builder
This job is definitely a resume builder. Lots of opportunity to learn, build connections and potential collaborations. You don’t get paid a lot and there are no benefits but it’s at least some pay while you complete your masters degree and opportunity to gain teaching experience. Definitely worth it!
Enriching and Supportive Environment
I am proud to be an alumni of DePaul University and to have the experience I did with the ASL Synthesizer Program. The team is close-knit and full of extremely intelligent, kind people.
Good benefits. Salary ok.
Overall DePaul University offers good benefits although salary compensation is not great for a lot of their positions. As well, while overall benefit package is good not every dept offers all benefits. So when interviewing, ask the hiring manager specifically about flexible schedules, comp time and working remotely policy. Not all depts offer this.
Pros
Welcoming environment. DePaul is dedicated to helping new employees understand their mission.
Cons
Not every department offers flexible schedule, COMP time for hours worked beyond normal schedule/40 hrs or opportunity to work remotely.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
DePaul University
It was a basic office job but film, video and photography is the what you. If you are like me and love all things I mentioned above then you are always excited to go to the campus. Great place, great people, great pay equals a great job.
A great place to work with good benefits.
A great place to work with good benefits. There a lot of long-time employees so advancement is hard. If you have a kid going to college the tuition benefit is worth it.
Friendly environment
Supportive environment where everyone is on the same page. I never felt stress out when I did my shift. Everyone was so helpful and I'm a better man because of that.
Competitive, Yet Enjoyable Environment
You are able to form relationships with the team members and staff while gaining exposure to the NCAA Division 1 Athletics programs. Able to form connections with players and coaches, while helping them get into shape for games and lifts.
Great Place to Work
DePaul University is a great place to work. I worked there for over 20 years and the culture is positive and supportive.

I would recommend working at DePaul University for someone looking to build a career.
Great Work Environment
The research was done remotely and was guided by a professor who was passionate about his and his students work. I highly recommend working here to others.
not worth the money, too much talk & not enough listening to employees, archaic systems
too much to even detail in a forum such as this, not the only person I know that has had negative experiences there with work/life balance, management inflexibility, etc etc etc
fun and productive workplace
cooking fast food items
how to work on a grill at a faster pace

good management

hardest part is it gets so busy at the very end of the night before closing

the benefits
Graduate Assistant
easy job
pay less

good culture

Nothing specific

Regardless of your experience level, if you contribute high quality work, you are self motivated, and you seek additional responsibility, you will be valued and supported.
To be a participant in helping adults achieve graduate or post-graduate degrees.
I loved working at the School of New Learning—helping adult students to achieve their scholastic goals and credentials. I periodically worked the front desk, interfacing directly with students. Some were my classmates. I earned my BA in psychology there. I loved my work administrating course evaluations for instructors, campus directors and the dean. I largely worked unsupervised as my supervisors felt that I had the job well in hand. After one year, I reported monthly to the dean.
Graduate Assistant
it was nice environment, and since I was still attending school, I was only able to work 25 hours per week according to the assistantship.

No full time positions were available for Graduate Assistants.
Beware
The university with once a great and meaningful mission turns into a full-blown business enterprise. Otherwise great colleagues, good benefits and academic stimulation.
Productive and Fun
I worked at the Student Center for just about 3 years and I enjoyed every minute of it. There was never anything dull at the Student Center and you learn and expand on knowledge when on the job. There are really great co-workers and a very fun environment.
Mission-driven and community oriented
DePaul is a strong mission-driven organization which has suffered from decreasing enrollment over the past few years. The university is taking strong measures to reverse this and overall, remains a strong institution.
Pros
Good work-life balance, good benefits
Cons
Some colleges are experiencing a decrease in enrollment.
Research Associate; Great Experience
I worked under a professor mostly doing data entry and writing research papers. I gained a lot of valuable experiment in the field of research and learned all I could about hot to structure an experiment.
Overall positive experience
Work-life balance, great benefits, leadership not taking the downturn in higher education seriously enough. Too much reliance on hierarchy and long term employees. New thinking is needed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DePaul University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.3
4.2
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.