DePaul Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
it was not always a productive work envirnment
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2018
The company needed to put systems in place for the Resident Care director to be successful. The company also needed to invest in their employees by paying a better hourly wage; however I am not sure if this would have made a difference with the workers coming to work. They first need to put better systems into place so that those in leadership can be lead and be successful doing it,
Pros
I enjoyed the residents
Cons
the salary did not match the hours I put into the work
Great place to work at.
Quality Improvement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 4, 2018
Great management team and extremely helpful co-workers. Very considerate working environment. Management provides continuous job related training's. Co-workers are very knowledgeable and supportive.
Hard work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 15, 2018
Worked hard for a year no advancement kind of left out in the cold. I trained people and worked for a year no problems and then they just laid me off and I was on unemployment, very cut throat no room for advancement, treated security officer very badly.
Pros
40 plus hours
Cons
no raises low pay
Fun place to work
Medication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2018
I absolutely enjoy working for this agency, as they allow advancement in positions and reward us with annual raises and bonuses. I have always worked with very professional colleagues.
DePaul
Residential Counselor I (Former Employee) –  marburgerApril 15, 2018
Great clients and people to work with, however management is very biased. Days off is comparable, sick time, PTO. Clients are a pleasure to work with.
awesome
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 29, 2018
It is by far the best part time job I have ever had. I would recommend anyone to work for this employer. They are flexible and let you choose the hours you want to work , they are like a family.
Overall great company to work for
Residential Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 22, 2018
DePaul offers opportunity to learn as they offer a number of trainings pertaining to job. Management is fair and easy going. Work loads are a little more than most
Pros
PTO time off and unlimited overtime
Cons
No paid lunches, management turns a blind eye at times
It'll be a great place to work if management was a little bit more professional
Community Living Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMarch 21, 2018
In my opinion management overlooks the behaviors of some of their employees while they reprimand others. They have people who were on drugs passing medications to clients and when they were formed of this turned a blind eye to it
Cons
Management favoritism
Loved working with the MICA population
Residential Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 14, 2018
Working at DePaul allowed me an opportunity to apply my medical billing skills, by formulating functional billable assessment per consumers desired goal set.

Assist consumer in developing and maintaining daily living skills (work schedule, medical appointments, goal setting, shopping, cleaning, cooking), .

Collaborate with therapist, medical providers and team surrounding consumers health and wellness.
Pros
The rewards of being able to support, encourage, & motivate others
Cons
Most of the group homes required that you have a vehical
East rochester site needs to be shut down
community living assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Needs better management and crew members a fresh start.good some days and bad on other days do
My 40 hours and overtime no credit given.they still help all staff gas either quit or fired new staff stay a couple month then leave, meet min.guidelines
Pros
Learning consumers, The Who what when why and how
Cons
Staff not available for consumers need, management sucks
Hostile Work Enviornment
IT (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 7, 2018
The IT department is a disaster. I would not recommend working at this organization, as the senior management has turned a blind eye to the behavior of toxic elements within the organization.
Pros
Well Compensated
Cons
IT might as well be a scene out of "Lord of the Flies"
Okay
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Henrietta New YorkJanuary 9, 2018
Management and communication could be better. Counselors do not get paid enough for all the responsibilities they have. They wear a lot of hats but not given they pay they deserve.
Pros
unlimited over time
not the best place to work
Application Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 18, 2017
This was not the best place to work. everyone seemed to get off by throwing people under the bus constantly. the management was terrible. Plus the people who had power like the VPs thought that they can control anyone anytime.
Overnight Community Living Assistant
Community Living Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2017
-Supervised distribution and schedule of medication for residents.
- Provided incident reports and notes for physicians as needed.
- Supervised the residents and assisted them day to day needs and with their coping skills. - Laundered linens and sheets as needed.
- Cleaned the environment such as taking garbage out, wipes down tables, etc.
Great company
Counselor/Assistant Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2017
Great company to work for; provides wonderful service to their clients and treats employees well. Flexibility in scheduling is a plus. Great for entry level and advancement opportunity.
Exciting Workplace - Great Human services organization
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 6, 2017
DePaul is a wonderful Human Services organization that helps serve families and adults in communities around Central and Southwest Virginia. They have wonderful branch offices in communities that need the services.
Loved working with the children and families but the supervisors played favorites.
Therapeutic Foster Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAOctober 31, 2017
Very political and the supervisors played favorites. One in particular harassed people until they left. When you make a complaint to Human Resources it backfires and they do not support staff against harassment and discrimination from supervisors.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Great Place
QMHP (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 19, 2017
Interesting job, working with various clients aging from14 to 63, with disabilities ranging from physical to mental, and behavioral.
Great staff to work with who were very helpful in teaching me what needed to be done.
Terrible company to work for!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gates, NYOctober 18, 2017
I wish I had seen these reviews prior to employment. I asked when interviewing how is the turnover rate as that usually tells you a lot about the company. They said oh it's not bad.....wrong! When a company has such a large turnover rate there is a reason. The management staff play favorites, if your not a favorite plan on being terminated on a whim. They will literally go out of their way to find something. They keep the bad employees and run out the good ones. They will take away resources so you can't complete your job duties. If the president of the company plays favorites then that is why it's acceptable in other departments. Human Resources will not back you even if there is evidence of bullying to make you quit or get fired. My son also received services and that too was horrible. He never had enough money to buy groceries. They are supposed to help the client not harm them. I would not recommend working here and would not ever seek services for my son again with them. Especially now that I know how they run it. If you think it's great....dig deeper you haven't seen it for what it really is.
Pros
Cons
Backstabbing management, health insurance is terrible and high premiums. The administration.
DYN was a great Org.
Program Manager(Digital (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2017
Working for Depaul was a wonderful experience. The organization had great ideas and was willing to to take on new ones to make it better but it was grant funded so there weren't many opportunities to expand.