Dependable Cleaners Employee Reviews

managers refuse to hire enough staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2018
constantly expected to work while sick or cover shifts at other locations. management does not fill staff vacancies in a timely manner and attempts to guilt trip people for taking time off that they requested months in advance.
Slow paced, productive, poor training and management, yet a wonderful place to work.
All positions (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 14, 2018
Working at dependable cleaners, you do everything from customer service to clothes prep. You are required to learn everything in a weeks span. Overall it is an okay place to work and would recommend it except for management.
Pros
Slow, comfortable
Cons
No benefits, poor management
Overview
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 12, 2018
There are too many "made-up" rules that are never posted anywhere. All management positions are not treated as same. No benefits of any kind. Prices are too high and not enough high-end quality. There is no guideline or intervention for struggles or intolerant behavior. Dates approved for time off is counted against you for advancement and there is no posted guidelines of staff roles to company.
Pros
Can take as many breaks during down time
Cons
Zero to no guideline of rules at office or each store.
We learn a lot about customer service
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  N Weymouth, MAFebruary 21, 2018
We take classes related to the company's services which allows us to learn a lot about costumer service. Great customers. Great co-workers.
Low pay. Always short staffed. There is no consistent schedule. Long hours with no break.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, always short staffed.
Productive workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Scituate, MAFebruary 18, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with customers in the store, loved being able to help them out. The hardest part of the job was the lack of employment so scheduling was tough.
Fun place
Laundromat Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAFebruary 3, 2018
I loved to help customers the moment they walked in. No matter if it was with dirty and/or clean laundry, adding money on a card, buying cleaning products, spills, wiping down machines, mopping floors and cleaning dryer shafts.
Keep up
Dry Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2018
I’m good work I do work ward to prove me skills every day and I do like to be better work every single day there is my house because because i made money to me
Pros
Free lunch sometime
Cons
Health care
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scituate, MADecember 12, 2017
I was an opener and a closer and a key holder. Shifts were typically working alone. The work load was varied between very busy or very slow. There was always something to do if it was a slow day. Overall a good job to learn good customer service skills.
Pros
No set break, always stay busy
Cons
Working alone when it is busy
Lots of little things.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2017
Once you get the swing its simple, all customer satisfaction. Open the store, organize clothes, dont loose peoples things, dont damage things and dont mix stuff up. Make sure things are paid for... ect. LOTS of down time and great bosses.
Tailor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2017
I been working there for many years and I have a good team that I work with. I brought many experiences in, but i also learned a lot while working there. Therefore, I had good time there!
productive and fast-paced environment
Customer Service Representative/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 18, 2017
A typical day consists of answering questions from clients, problem solving concerns. Ive learned to have patience and be understanding & the most enjoyable part of work is getting to know your clients.
Pros
gift cards for survey points
Cons
short staff
relaxed work that makes me proud.keeping thing clean.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMarch 8, 2017
respectable owner just very bad/few hours.
work mostly by myself.some employees slack when it comes to general clenleness.
its relaxed and when the job is done i know i did it right. a lot of family work for the owner so its hard to get hours.
Pros
self work
Cons
very few hours
busy work whole day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 16, 2016
when I started to work there everything was nice I learned so many things suchs fixing shirts boxing and bagging. the hardest part of this job was try to finish everything fast
Productive, fun, respectable place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MANovember 3, 2016
I absolutely love this job and also i can always back anytime i want. However looking to further my career. I would definitely recommend anybody to go work there, i love the owner, very respectable, willing to work with employees, flexible. so yes i would recommend anyone.
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 14, 2016
I learned a lot from this work place, because I had to go to some classes which were very helpful. Management is okay. I get along very well with my co-worker.
Cons
working alone, no break, and okay management.
The owner is a great person
CSR - Assistant Manager/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 7, 2016
A good place to work and learning, nice co-works and management works well too.
The owner is very nice and easy to talk to, she always have a smile on her face and a sweet word to help you in a situacao
Working at Dependable Cleaners was a decent work experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2016
My job as a cashier in the dry cleaners was very calm. I learned how to associate myself with customers, my co-workers were really friendly.I love communicating with people face to face, I had to deal with them, that included taking their clothes and being trusted to treat it well. The hardest part of the job would be when customers complained because the other store that took the clothes to clean them sometimes put clothes in the wrong order, so I would get the complaint, but then I got them to understand.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Inconsistent work schedule
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAApril 19, 2016
they like to promote within the company rather than hire an outside person which is great. they leave a lot on your plate to juggle though, and they like to hire people that speak no English at all. which is great on one hand but at the same time its harder to get across what the customer wants
Pros
busy- fast paced, promote within the company
Cons
no raises, no breaks
Dependable Cleaners
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenwood VilageJuly 14, 2015
I would work 5 days a week 12pm-9 pm. I have learned different ways to dry clean, how people are really particular on how they want their cloths and what to use and not use on the cloths. The management picks favorites, some of the co workers are wonderful to work with, where as others loved to spread rumors around. The hardest part would have to be the traffic going from Thornton t Greenwood Village.
very calm and relaxing working environment,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  quincy maJuly 13, 2015
I get to work the first thing i do is change into my work uniform and count my drawer.
My job responsibility is to assist the costumers when they bring in garments and be able to understand personal and significant instructions.
I work very well with others and i tend to go above and beyond for my co-workers which cab be good and also bad sometimes.
The hardest part of my job is not feeling appreciated for the job and contribution your doing for the company.
Overall, i enjoyed this job and learned a lot from it.
Pros
cheaper dry cleans
Cons
short breaks, low pay.