DePere Concepts Employee Reviews

Well work
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 11, 2018
Customer service sales. Face to face. Training is provided. All can perform the task and duties. Have an open mind to the growth and opportunity. Dress professionally daily.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Commission pay
Pyramid Marketing
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 11, 2018
Door to door sales, straight commission. If you don't close you work for free. Have a good week get promoted to "leadership" where you don't need to sit through sales training in the morning. As a leader you will need to train your team to also become leaders. Then they will train people they hire to become a leader.
Pros
Cool people, you get better at public speaking and being rejected
Cons
Commission only, you drive to your territory on your own dime.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2017
Cool place to work & the more you put in the job the more you will get out of it. Great people very friendly & relatable. Fast paced. Great work environment
Only Job I Ever Quit From
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 2, 2017
If you want to have a career as a door to door salesman, go ahead. Got only paid $140 for three weeks of work. Toxic environment at times. Highly don't recommend. This is the only job I ever quit from and I was totally fine with it.
Cons
No Benefits, Pay, Employees act like their in the movie Wolf of Wall Street, Toxic Enviorment
Productive learning and working environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 6, 2017
What I learned during my time at DePere Concepts was how to deal with rude customers, how to explain exactly how my company's services will help them, and how to be more out-spoken.
Pros
Not being in a office all day
Cons
Weather conditions
Odds are you won't enjoy this job
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 28, 2016
First, this is DOOR TO DOOR SALES.
Don't let it fool you. However, if you think you're cut out for door to door sales, paydays could be lucrative. Usually about $50 per sale. The goal is usually 2+ sales per say. YOU WILL WORK LONG HOURS, FIVE AND A HALF DAYS PER WEEK (mon-sat).
Also, the hours are not ideal if you plan on having a social life during the daytime. There are weekly meetings that force you to be there even earlier to discuss your goals. They also expect you to meet with people outside of work to "master your technique". You will eat, sleep, and breathe this job. And I often didn't get home until 8-9pm, and I started 10-11am.
If you have any problems staying or getting motivated, this isn't the job for you. I often walked 10-15 miles/day when I worked there. All weather.
Also, don't be late, and don't miss "team-night". They will haze you and embarrass you in front of everyone. They play "games" that involve making a fool out of whoever "gets high-rolled" (outsold).
Also, you will need expected to dress up every day, only to change a couple hours later. It's a major pain, and a total joke.
I found this to be a physically and emotionally taxing job. Surprised this kind of business strives.
They literally spend hours brainwashing you to think this is the absolute best opportunity in the world.
Stay away. You've been warned. They try to come off as a serious company, but it's a PYRAMID.

They will also talk you out of taking an hourly rate, in favor of 100% commission.
Pros
No immediate supervision, I sat at starbucks and searched for jobs, Also they play a lot of pictionary which I'm good at
Cons
Almost everything
This company is unbelievable
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 2, 2016
Your job is to go door-to-door and try to make sales. You're not an account manager, customer service rep, nor a manager. You're a door-to-door outside sales person. Purely paid on commission of the sales before advancement. Don't waste your gas or time going to these interviews. You'll be better off working in the mall.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
outside sales before anything
They call it fun, I call it unprofessional
Direct Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 21, 2015
This isn't high school or college, let's act like adults please. It's a joke that we're expected to dress up when we come into work, only to show up to a room full of people tossing a frisby. The only people over 30 are very childish.
Very unprofessional situation and very poor structure.
They expect everyone that comes through the door to be able to catch on and make a difference, but that's not at all the case. It's more or less: "Watch how I do this, and then you're going to do it! If you mess up, you can watch me again. So don't mess up."
I'm most disgusted by the fact that I was told by multiple people that I would be paid for training, and that didn't happen. I was also told that 100% commision is the way to go because I'd make more money. So I was left trying to find my way for three weeks, making no money. But it wasn't their fault, because they brainwash everyone from the moment you come in the door. "You determine your success." Yea. Ok.

Also, THIS IS DOOR TO DOOR SALES. DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU WITH THE EXPRESSION "Direct marketing representative."
You are simply taken to a neighborhood to go door-to-door for 6 hours. Their client is the company with the product you're trying to sell.

You most likely won't have a clue what the job entails until you hop in the car for your "8 HOUR SECOND INTERVIEW/JOB SHADOW" (which is unpaid, by the way). You'll get to follow someone around while they pitch people about energy or cable.

Also, their discipline consists of pushups, wallsits, situps, etc. in front of a group of 30-50 people. Sounds ridiculous, because it
  more... is.
The company only cares about themselves and drinking alcohol.

p.s. "You're lazy if you don't like 100% commission."
Also false.
Pros
SOME of the people
Cons
Long hours, working in many weather conditions, 5-10 miles of walking per day, door to door sales, no benefits, 100% commision, deceiving, unprofessional, and more
Progressive in growth of employees.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 19, 2015
Daily routine begins with workshop reviewing sales process and techniques. Frequently participate in team building activities.

Upon receiving territory assignments, head out to the field to contact potential customers on assigned routes for 4-5 hours. Return to office to announce results.

Have fairly aggressive path of progress from entry level to team leader all the way to branch ownership. Approximately 4 years duration.
Fun team orientated work place
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 18, 2015
DePere Concepts is an ICL located in Independence that taught people how to manage a business. The morning would start with meetings where we all discussed sales strategies and management training. Every one helped each other. The rest of the day would be in the field following up on leads for business to consumer sales for AT&T and Star Energy Partners.
Pros
I was able to manage my own time and the atmosphere of the office was lively and enerjetic
Cons
Driving sometimes an hour to a territory to do door to door sales. Working on comission
Very friendly and exciting place to work.
Management Trainee, Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Excellent management trainee program in effect. Top knoch organizational skills and administrative skills were demonstrated. Very laidback enviroment.
Pros
Unlimited potential to make money.
Cons
Commision based only.
Excellent Business Opportunity in Sales and Marketing
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 14, 2014
Enjoyed learning how to develop a team and learn life long skills at the same time. The atmosphere was "AWESOME".. I loved the fact that I made life long friends as well.
Pros
Excellent business opportunity.