Dept of Health Employee Reviews

Do Not Work as The Dental Assistant of Virginia Beach Health Dept
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 25, 2017
Worst experience. No training what so ever that helps with the job. Dentist is OCD, if you make a mistake she will never stop punishing you for it. No front desk staff so you will have to do both poisitions. No one will support you and half of you life will be taken up because you have to get there early, leave late, work off the clock. You are never compensated for all your time. Working through lunches, also the dentist will offer you no help at all. Just do not waste your time.
Pros
State Health Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Working for Free, Double Positions....Denist is a nightmare!
Learned alot working in Family Planning
RN (Former Employee) –  Chipley, FLJune 12, 2017
Usually, every day was busy. The clinic was busy with immunizations, prenatal care, and well baby checks. Than we had 2 doctors who saw patients for womens clinic and also took care of
HIV, abnormal paps, and female contraceptions. We also had to go to homes on reports of HIV, STD's. This is the time where the HD sent me to Emory to learn to be a NP
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
Interesting workplace
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
Very good work experience. Learned alot abut dealing with difficult people. The hardest part of the job was having to reprimand students The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to children about their illnesses and medication use.
Pros
teaching and interacting with patients
Cons
dealing with difficult students
Busy workplace with good people
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 16, 2017
My position was temporary and I needed to move on to another position, but most of the people I work with are nice. All are very busy. Hard to make contacts. I had a contract job, and there was no health insurance.
possible rift
Clerical Worker/ medical field (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at work will be having a good flow with the patients entering and exiting the building. Having a busy day make the day go by really fast. I have learned how interact with the public.
Pros
hour long lunch flexible time off
Cons
the pay is not great
Was hoping for good
Everything (Former Employee) –  New River Health DistrictFebruary 1, 2017
Bad working experience. Management doesn't help at all when needed. Thrown out to the wolves without any training. Anytime manager asked never got help. Turnover has been really high. Expect to travel a lot in the district even though no one tells you this when hired. Can't talk to HR about problems due to the "buddy" factor". Pay is really bad. I'm a hard worker always have been, liked the fast paced and that was about it. Just an overall bad experience.
productive/team work
Record Technician and Case Record Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with handicapped individuals and able to help them accomplish some goals in life. I interviewed them and send them to be tested to see how they can be helped for a training or job.
benefits
Cons
salary increases
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2015
Great environment, and wonderful people, and well worth the drive. Coming in meeting with the staff and meeting with the nurses was a wonderful and eventful time.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Position had various duties making the day fly by and keeping me on my toes
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2015
A typical day at work included but was not limited to handling approximately 100 invoices, verifying purchase orders were done and correct. I also processed refunds for Medical Billing and Environmental Health Departments. I handled all secretarial duties for my manager.
Exciting
Vital Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 11, 2012
This job taught me how to work with other on a more professional level. Here I was able to experience different types of work such as creating birth and death certificates. How to correct certificates and make amends to different types of legal forms.