Dept of Social Services - Local Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Its a job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYNovember 21, 2017
A typical day at work , slow paced at times depending on work load,
My hours were sufficient, there is room for advancement, diversified duties , lunch time is good ....
Pros
Cons
I wish you didnt have to take test
Environment often friendly
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Some days are stressful, depending on the volume of caseloads from week to week. Job is continually evolving with new policy updates and coding's and systems are frequently revised, causing a new level of stress. Organizational skills are very important to keep up with the multiple tasks throughout the day. Friendly work environment helps the productivity of duties. Often days are very mentally draining.
Pros
Benefits and healthcare are ok
ok place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, GAAugust 10, 2017
very demanding in time and not much flexibility with caseloads. Large case loads and lots of children left without proper placement. Managers are very demanding.
They don't pay enough for child care but I enjoyed doing it.
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2017
I love taking care of children. I started taking care of her at 5months old until she went to school. I felt like she was my own & grew attached. Such a good baby. I cleaned the house, cooked for the child, took her to doctor appointments, took her to play in the park & on outings.
Pros
Enjoyed the children
Cons
Don't pay enough
Co-workers worked well together and looked out for one another.Shared skills for example technology or formal trainings.
Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  Durham,February 22, 2017
Job was very stressful. I chose to take a lower position because my job as Social Worker 111 kept me away from my family at night and work on the weekend.
Pros
Good Heath insurance, good vacation and sick time. Able to spent time with wife and children more and go on vacation .
Cons
overtime, stressful, heavy caseload
review
Income Maintenance Caseworker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 23, 2017
Family oriented. Opportunities for growth are limited. Great career starter. Company moral is important, committees are making great efforts to ensure that it remains high.
Nice person to work fot
Home Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, MIOctober 30, 2016
I loved this job, it was like being at home away from home. When I cared for this client, it was never stressful. We played cards, I enjoyed cooking meals for him. He appreciated me just being there keeping him company.
Case Clean Up (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Very pleasant to work for. The lady that trained me was very thorough and made it easy to learn. The hardest part of the job was well it wasn't hard at all. Maybe just the drive in. Coworkers were very nice and polite. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing with a case and knowing I did all I could to make it easier on someone else's job on a very heavy work load.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Didn't last very long due to funding.