dept of social services Employee Review

View all dept of social services reviews

It was a job that could have been enjoyable
ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 28, 2013
I enjoyed the majority of my coworkers, they pulled together on the
hard days. I learned a lot about how state government works and the Medicaid system that I feel was life-changing. I enjoy helping people especially if they are hurting, unemployed, or just need a listening ear. The hardest part of the job became the amount of workload an individual was required to carry, because you became so stressed you couldn't enjoy the job. I had some really great managers and some less than great but I did my best for both. The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends in my coworkers and helping people that were at a very low place in their lives.
Pros
the holidays off and other benefits
Cons
the healthcare went downhill and that is why many take this job

Other dept of social services Employee Reviews

Loved working with the public
Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
Staff worked great together when they have a great leader. I enjoyed the people I was able to help financially.
The applicant wasn't always pleasant but patience needed much of the time.
Great organization to work for
Court Team Program Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAApril 4, 2018
Great team collaboration and support. Able to gain a wealth of information and experience. Great opportunities to learn and grow throughout the organization and other state agencies.