DERMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES OF KENTUCKY Employee Reviews

Great People. Great Managers, Great Physicians.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  250 Fountain Court, Lexington, Ky 40509March 1, 2018
I have been here almost 6 years and love my job, and the people I work with. I have been in multiple positions. DAK is a great place to work and I would recommend it highly.
Pros
Paid vacation & sick time, 401k is very generous. Health, Dental, Life, Aflac benfits. Offer paid disability leave, jury duty leave, bereavement leave.
Horrible place to work
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 27, 2017
Horrible place to work. They are very inprofessional and the atomosphere is terrible. While I was there practically everyone was looking for a new job to leave.
Great Work Enviroment
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 12, 2017
I have nothing but nice things to say about DAK. I was always treated great by management and my fellow employees. A few of the things that make me want to continue to work here are the great benefits offered: Health insurance, dental and vision, 401K plans and great discounts in our MediSpa. The management is also super friendly and very flexible with schedules, especially for people who have children and families at home. The physician I schedule for is also very approachable and super nice as well!
Horrible place!
Certified Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 27, 2017
This place is a nightmare! The pay isn't good considering all the work that is expected. High turnover rate. No one is truly happy there. Just a miserable place! Stay away!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything!
Friendly environment with wonderful and helpful co-workers.
CLINCICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at work included; inputting information of patients current problem in to the computer. Assisting with surgeries. Calling and sending in prescriptions to the patients pharmacies. Cancelling and making appointments for the patients to accommodate their schedules.
Pros
co-workers helped with the learning process
Cons
short breaks
Short Staffed
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 7, 2016
This company is often short staffed, between people leaving or people calling in. Good growth potential due to that reason though.
Excellent place to work
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 11, 2016
DAK is a good place to work. It's been a great experience for me. They are thoughtful and a lot like family. Management could use a little help however.
Clean facility
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 11, 2016
Clean facility, good supervising physician. Does not suit people who do not like to work. Has some knowledgeable, hard working people. Not the most suitable place to work for people with families, especially single mothers.
Great Place to work
Clinical Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  250 Fountain Ct. Lexington, KYAugust 9, 2012
I would be at work at 6:30 am to prepare for my travels to the offsite clinics. I was the Clinical Assistant Manager. I would maintain an efficient flow of the office so the physicians were able to care for the patients in a productive caring manner. Made sure all the job duties got accomplished by the other medical assistants, in charge of the offsite clinics inventory, also made sure the Patients were comfortable and well cared for. I also assisted in Skin cancer Surgeries, as well as minor biopsy procedures. Everyone was wonderful to work with and work for. The physicians were so geniune and caring. The hardest part about my job was the 60 hours a week I shuffled. The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients.
Pros
benefits, pay, the outstanding involvement with the community; involved with fundraisers each quarter, which i helped create.
Cons
short of employees which led to no breaks alot of times.
It was a very busy place. There were over nine physicians and never a dull moment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 6, 2012
Typical day at work would be to get syringes prepared first thing in the morning and get them in the exam rooms. These contained numbing medicine for when a bx was needed. Escorted pt to exam room and got their chief complaint and reviewed med list/allergy list. I followed my physician into the room and as he examined pt I would scribe in pts chart. I helped with minor removals of potential skin cancers, put specimen in container , made sure pt information on bx bottle was correct and then placed container and paperwork in correct place for pick up. Also took pictures of all sites that were biopsied. I also helped with surgeries under the guidance of my physician. Did phone triage, scheduled apts, etc...got along great with coworkers..Hardest part of job was the long hours, but it was worth it. Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with my pts and helping them in anyway possible. I learned so how to do procedures and surgeries, learned a lot about different skin conditions. I was also responsible for ordering and stocking supplies.
Pros
love taking care of pts, loved learning, loved taking on new challenges.
Cons
long hours, pts who were not compliant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DERMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES OF KENTUCKY. Our community is ready to answer.

DERMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES OF KENTUCKY Reviews by Location