Dermatology Partners

Working at Dermatology Partners: 44 Reviews

United States44 reviews

providerpartnerpatientfeelrecommendlunchofficestaff

Good Job

Great workplace. I feel like there is so much room for growth at this company. I feel supported by management. I am always asked if their is anything I need. Job is pretty easy, can be challenging with multiple providers at a location. But overall great working environment.

May 11, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your position with Dermatology Partners. We believe that our mission, vision and core values create a terrific company culture and we are happy to have you on the DP team!

Fast Paced and Fun Workplace!

I joined Dermatology Partners in June of 2019 and left in early 2022 due to some things going on in my personal life. Less than a year later, I am back working for Dermatology Partners and making the decision to come back was such an easy one for me to make! I love everything about the specialty of dermatology- everyday you get to see different things and there is ALWAYS something to learn. I have never had a poor experience working with any provider and most of the staff and management is wonderful. I also love the relationships that you get to form with patients and seeing them all the way through their treatments.Each day is fast paced and there is something new to learn or do, so it keeps work very fun and exciting!

Pros

Fast Paced, Learning Opportunities, Great work- life balance

January 26, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear that it was an easy decision for you to re-join our team! We appreciate that you find your position fun and exciting and are thrilled to have you back!

Dermatology Partners insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Used to love it

Was very passionate about my job and even moved up quickly but was not compensated properly. Would travel over an hour some days to work at an office that was short staffed. New hires were getting offered more pay with less ability and experience. Gave 4 years and the managers can’t even respond to requests to be a reference for a new job.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short staffed, too much travel.

January 5, 2023
Thank you for your feedback. We agree Dermatology Partners staffing was impacted due to COVID just like many other businesses. Employees are compensated for travel outside of their normal location. In order to provide excellent patient care, we on occasion need to reallocate resources. As part of the recruitment process, we review many factors in order to place staff in the appropriate salary band. Salary bands are reviewed frequently to ensure we are within the national and regional averages. We are happy to verify employment but we refrain from providing references. We would be happy to verify employment! Please have all requests sent via email to pmartin@padermatology.com or via phone call at 610-288-2908.

The company had a strong culture and shows they are dedicated to keeping the culture strong and making sure employees feel valued.

It has been a pleasure working here since I started last year. Throughout the year, I have seen the commitment management has to the success of the staff and how everything revolves around quality patient care. This is a company that is always looking to improve. I am excited to see what the future holds.

May 17, 2022
Thank you for submitting your feedback! We value our team and the quality of care they give to our patients. We are always looking for ways to improve in all aspects of employment and patient care. We are happy to have you on the team!

Great company, great growth opportunities

This organization is growing and provides its employees with opportunities to grow with it. A typical day can involve many different tasks which makes the day go by quickly. The team members are very supportive and want you to succeed.

Pros

Supportive team and many opportunities for growth

Cons

Growing organization so days can be busy, but opportunities to work on many different projects.

May 12, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! One of our goals is see that employees are successful! We have many opportunities as our organization grows and hope to have many successful and long term relationships with our fantastic team of people!

Excellent place to work

As a returning employee I was nervous with new management and obvious changes since I was here five years ago and I am so happy to say I am passionate about what I do again , this is an amazing place to work and there is so much potential to grow !

May 12, 2022
Thank you for your very positive feedback! We are happy that you have your passion for dermatology back again! We hope to have a long lasting relationship and value that you have rejoined our team!

Great place to learn and work

The manager is the absolute sweetest and does everything she can to help you succeed. She is my absolute favorite and the main reason why I stuck around so long. Overall, a great place to work for if enjoy learning and opportunities to travel. I traveled to multiple different local locations across the Philadelphia and Bensalem areas and it was always a pleasure to work with fellow staff and providers. They are all so nice and so willing to teach.

May 11, 2022
Thank you for sending your feedback! We are happy to have had you on the Dermatology Partners team and we have a fantastic group of team members creating the best patient experience and workplace culture! We love when team members are passionate about learning and growing with all the opportunities we have to offer! Best wishes to you in your future endeavors!

Super supportive and great environment

The providers and employees at this practice are amazing! The company and people with in the company truly make you feel welcomed and are so supportive! I learned so much at Dermatology Partners and really grew my skills. Thankful to have been part of a great company who strives to help you succeed and care about their employees.

May 11, 2022
Dermatology Partners is grateful to have had you on the team! We truly do care about our team members and want to see them succeed! We have an amazing group of providers and employees creating a great work environment. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!

A company that could be better

From my experience. DP is a major headache. Nothing is consistent. Employees are regularly harassed about making sure they do not go over 40 hours. Any overtime is prohibited. Employees are expected to clock in with 15 minutes of starting clinical hours and leaving 30 minutes after patients are done for the day. During the day, MAs are expected to return message and do paperwork as required which can be time consuming, especially if the patient load is heavy that day. Management is horrible and inconsistent. Unless youre a favorite, you are not valued or appreciated. The turnover rate is extremely high. More employees are leaving then staying. The health insurance offered by the company is outrageously expensive and doesnt cover much. There is always a shortage of help due to constant short staffing. Management is unprofessional. Traveling is expected and you are never given a chance to decline. Unless you are a favorite, you will not be assigned a single location. No matter how much you say you cannot travel, you are still forced to. Most times, you dont find out a last minute office travel change until that morning. This company expects you to stop living your life for them.

Pros

coworkers that become friends, no weekends

Cons

non existent lunch breaks

April 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We're sorry to hear about your experience while working with Dermatology Partners. This year, we're focused on helping our managers grow to be the best leaders they can be as well as a more streamlined training, review and pay increase process. As always, the HR team is available to help with any questions that team members may have regarding benefits offered by Dermatology Partners. Controlled overtime is a financial responsibility as well as ensuring staff have a positive work-life balance. We encourage you to reach out with specific information or suggestions on how we can do better.

Fun workplace. Enjoy my co workers

Nice place to work. Days go fast since we are a busy office. I enjoy the girls I work with, makes working here a better place.My manager works with me whenever necessary.

Pros

Some Drug rep lunches and flexible with my schedule

Cons

short break

Productive and informative job

I’ve been working at dermatology partners since October of 10/21 and I can honestly say that I love my job . I’m currently still working at dermatology partners , I love my co workers and work place . We learn something new everyday and teach each other .. we have the most friendly staff and welcoming atmosphere.

Pros

Opportunity.

Great dynamic in the workplace and people you can trust/depend on!

I love my job! Like any other job, you are going to have things about it that you would like to change but it is VERY minimal at this job & they will always take your feedback into consideration and try to work to make the workplace better and better everyday! I have been here for almost 3 years & I recommend this job to anyone who loves to interact with people, whether it be on the phone or in person. There are so many positions in this practice that anyone can find the spot they are most interested in while having the room to grow and exceed their own expectations. My favorite part of this job is definitely my manager in the Patient Advocate Center! She goes above and beyond for us on a daily basis to make us feel appreciated, not just work wise. She appreciates us on our birthdays, holidays, and just because to always remind us that we are an asset to the practice. Not only is she amazing but the doctors and providers are as well. They are funny, playful and understanding with the staff while being VERY professional and providing wonderful beside manner to their patients. There are so many great things I could say about Dermatology Partners. If you're having doubts about starting a job here or even applying, put those doubts aside because you will be in good hands!

Very Friendly and cares about staff and patients.

I have been with Dermatology Partners for about 9 months but it feels like I’ve been here for years. The staff I have had the pleasure of working with has been very friendly and willing to help me with any questions I may have. We are expanding our office and bringing in new providers and local staff which is very exciting. Even though our main office is about 2 hrs away, everyone is only a call, email, or text away. This includes the providers, staff, and management. Patient care is a top priority with this company. The staff has a very personable relationship with our patients and the patients really appreciate that. I learn something new every week which I really like. I highly recommend working for Dermatology Partners if you have the opportunity to do so.

Encouraging workplace

I joined recently, and can already say that I am glad to be a part of DP. I am part of a very encouraging, teaching environment with a wonderful doctor and great colleagues.

I love working in dermatology. I live in NJ and I'm an hour away from my job. I love working here so much that I don't mind driving that far.

I feel happy everyday even though we are pretty busy, it makes the day fly by. The management is greatly helpful when it comes to helping with questions, or needing a schedule that fits my life. The other MAs are also fun to work with. We work hard but we also never get bored. I myself am grateful for this job and the people I work for. :)

Pros

free lunches, steady schedule.

Cons

no cons..

Great staff to work with, catered lunches daily

It has more cons than prosOverworked Can’t get overtime, sometimes don’t get a break are just a few cons that are my biggest pet peeves. Benefits are not the greatest!

Pros

Free lunches & coffee Make awesome friends Team players Providers are great to work for

Cons

No breaks most of the time, Overworked, under appreciated, Can’t get overtime, Pay can definitely be much better, Better benefits, Can’t get PTO for a year after you start

good learning experience

The experience I am gaining here is very influential in my career in becoming a dermatologist. i genuinely enjoy working the patients and meeting the staff and working with the doctors to further understand the clinical aspects of dermatology. i would recommend this job to anyone who is aspiring to be in the medical field.

Pros

free lunches, experience

Cons

non competitive pay, poor management

Great learning experience

I've worked in dermatology for a long time, but I learn something new everyday. I appreciate how accommodating management and HR is with personal issues and emergencies that come up. Despite the majority of the staff being females, there is not a lot of jealousy or pettiness, which I appreciate. Everyone is always willing to help. No company is perfect, and DP is no exception. There are faults in the communication with there being so many different offices. The hours can be very long, but that does not represent the company as a whole rather than the individual provider.

Pros

positive environment

Cons

decent health insurance is expensive through the company

Great company to work for

This is a great place to work! It is a very large, growing company that has plenty of opportunities for their staff. Although management has tons of employees to worry about they make sure to handle your concerns and problems the best way they can and are always there for you to talk to. They are extremely flexible and are very good with helping you to balance your work and personal life. I would recommend anyone to work here! If you want to be excited to get up to go to work everyday then this is the job for you!

Pros

Management is very flexible and understanding

Cons

A lot of locations so there might be some travel time

great working environment

I was hired for Dermatology Partners during the height of the covid 19 pandemic. I lost my previous job due to the outbreak and was nervous searching for a new job. Management assured me during my interview that though affected by covid 19, they did not let any one go. It was a relief having that sense of job security during unknown times. After training in a couple different offices, my home office became Pottstown. I entered the dermatology world with no prior knowledge or experience, the providers and staff in Pottstown helped me with all of my questions and stayed patient with me, even to this day while I continue to learn. Growing with Dermatology Partners has turned coworkers into family, and makes coming to work very enjoyable.

Productive and Fast-paced

Company is organized which makes it likeable to continue working for. Very Flexible and understanding. I enjoy working here as everyone is nice and fun to be around. My manager is always there to support you and hear you out if you have any concerns. Team I work with is amazing as well as the Doctor. Some cons - I'm considered a full time employee but there is times you don't make it to 36 hours a week, which you're supposed to be guaranteed. Pay is some what low, especially if you have many years of experience. If you're traveling to help cover an office, you only get paid for one hour of commute instead of two. Upper management you don't see much or hear from. It would be nice to be greeted and see faces especially if you're a new employee.

Pros

Free lunches, early schedule, Team work

Cons

Low pay, Hours not be guaranteed, Travel Wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dermatology Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits