DeRoyal Employee Reviews

easy work, bad pay
boxer (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNSeptember 14, 2018
T much drama from co worker and line leadder who likes to throw her weight around when supervisor is not around.You would think that DeBusk would pay better since it is a billon dollar producer.
Pros
easy
Cons
line leader on line 6
Productive and fast pace
Tray Assembler III (Former Employee) –  La Follette, TNSeptember 2, 2018
DeRoyal is a enjoyable place to work. Everyone is very friendly and good workers. DeRoyal is great for all ages. I worked at DeRoyal for alittle over a year and I recommend this job too anybody.
Pros
Prefect job for all ages
Cons
short breaks, and just little pay
Lack of advancement
Supply clerk (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNJuly 31, 2018
no room to grow with in the company. Management plays favoritism with employees. Great co-workers and poor wages and no room to grow. Poor benefits. Would not go back and work there.
good work place for first job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Maynardville, TNJuly 27, 2018
i would go in and see the scheduler. that is the paper i get every day at work that tells me what needs to be cut. check on material to make sure we have it. lay up material than cut it bye hydraulic press
Pros
free lunches before holidays
Cons
low pay
fun to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tazewell, TNMay 29, 2018
worked 3rd shift was alot of fun had a good boss only couple people worked on 3rds so it was pretty laid back everyone worked together to help everyone
Typical Job Not Great overall place to work
Boxer (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNMay 13, 2018
Less than par Management and barley any raises after you start I wouldn't suggest working there for a long period of time unless you get into management or something higher up
Pros
Paying Job
Worst job ever
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNMarch 22, 2018
This place is a joke. Do not work here. Management team has no clue how to lead.. the new CSO is destroying the company. He’s impossible to work with, he talks down to employees and makes us feel incapable.
Pros
Pay, gym, catered lunch
Cons
Fun place to begin a career, gain some valuable experience, and work with interesting people.
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 26, 2017
Typical day at work involved completing tickets and tasks as they came in. Some travel in the regional area was required, and it was generally a fairly predictable and enjoyable place to work. I learned many things about IT at a time when things were changing very rapidly, and the PC and Microsoft Windows was replacing the former terminal and Netware environments. The management was normally good, depending on the manager. The top level management was professional, but held down wages. It was a great place to begin a career and gain valuable experience you couldn't get anywhere else for your age, education and experience level. The trade-off was low wages. It was a great environment, but only a small percent of employees could make a long term career working there. Only the most skilled, educated and productive employees could expect stability and advancement. The hardest part of the job was hav
Pros
Great place for a recent college graduate to begin a career.
Cons
Low pay, lack of long term advancement and pay increases for most employees. Lack of stability, layoffs and terminations happened frequently. The management was very cost concious, and would not hesitate to eliminate any position, with or without cause.
productive
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 5, 2017
Worked a lot of hours learned a lot of things.. had to relocate or I would still be there.. glad for the experience I had here
And for all the people I met
Corporate Office
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNSeptember 6, 2017
I worked here for a few months, only due to relocating. The ladies and manager in my department were wonderful to work with. Always willing to assist me when needed. The company provides free fruit from their on site cafe, has a workout room, a gym and scheduled activities to promote good health. I was always greeted with a smile by all employees. I would definitely recommend other people to apply here.
Pros
Wed. Catered lunches, 1 hr lunch breaks, family oriented
Cons
90 days before healthcare and other benefit fo into effect
Plenty of work.
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Tazewell, TNMay 16, 2017
The distribution warehouse is not the place to be! Management needs a course in how to treat their employees! You definitely have plenty of work as far as a stable job goes. You are treated like you are children and are not appreciated for the job you do. The pay is terrible! Work load isn't distributed fairly. A few people get slammed with orders while others do not. I love to work and stay busy, but if you talk to another worker for even a minute you are scolded like you are a child! The work gets done every day but you still get treated terribly! Employees that have been there for years make almost the same as new hires. No chance for advancement!
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Management, pay
Straight forward job with good pay. Often work overtime.
Material Handler 3 (Former Employee) –  New Tazewell, TNDecember 7, 2016
Job itself was straight forward and simple. Fairly physical work with lifting, lowering, packing, etc. Management did well with dividing the work load evenly. Often had to work overtime to meet quota. Sometimes had to work a sixth day.
Pros
2 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment.
Cons
Overtime mandatory on short notice.
Secure place to work
Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNNovember 21, 2016
Pretty simple you show up for work and do your job. You will always have a job as long as your attendance is good you shouldn't have a problem.
Uneducated "management"
Operator (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNSeptember 25, 2016
Terrible place to work. RUN. You're just a warm body, they don't care about you. No work/life balance, they expect you to work almost every day including 12 hour days.. Some even work 16 hour days. The "management" is a joke... They have no training nor communication skills unless you consider belittling everyone a good skill.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Everything else
Had opportunity to work on own/minimal supervision
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 4, 2016
Worked the evening shift (5 PM to 1 AM) which was a bit too isolated from the day shift/main work force. I would see the people in my office when I started the shift for an average of 1 to 2 minutes per work day. I would rarely (once every 6 months or so) see my supervisor as he was already gone by the time I started. It was simple work, very boring, using software called JDEwards for most of my duties. There was call for a minimal use of initiative on my part, just run these reports at these times, print invoices at this time and if anybody should call during the shift with problems, if there was no immediate, obvious solution, to call the appropriate personnel for assistance.
simple job
Heat Sealer/ Assembler (Current Employee) –  LaFollette, TNMarch 19, 2016
Work is easy. Normal hours are great for my schedule. Downside is no room to advance in positions and top out pay is very low.
Cons
Too much overtime and not appreciated
Loved the job
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNOctober 22, 2015
I loved my job but had to leave because of medical reasons. I wish I could have stayed because it was a great place to work. I needed a week off for health reasons that were beyond my control and I hadn't been there long enough to have vacation time, so I had no choice but to quit.
First factory job
Boxer (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNJuly 1, 2015
this was my first factory job. i enjoyed learning how the factory worked and learning about the warehouse. i was a caser and got to experience several other positions within the warehouse.
Great employees
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNOctober 17, 2013
The best part about this job was the kindness of the other people I worked with. The hardest part of the job for me was staying in one place for the time at work.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not very exciting
Good company for stability
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNOctober 6, 2013
The work environment was calm and clean. I learned how to work with many different types of personialities and women. The company was majority women. The management team ran their shifts well and knew how to handle conflict very well, as there were alot of conflicts with most of the women The most enloyable part of the job was that it was physical and I love jobs that keep me busy. The hardest part of the job was the temperature conditions. The company makes medical supplies so everything has to be sterile. The temperature always had to stay low, which made cold conditions for the employess all the time.