Deseret Industries Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 8, 2017
TI is not a bad place to work. It is very entertaining at times. I enjoy talking to the customers. And I am good at cashiering. I enjoy the people I work with. And for the most part I enjoy the customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Screaming kids.
It was an alright place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisville, UTDecember 7, 2017
People were friendly wasn't too hard work just had to move to another city. It's just not really my kind of work. But it's an alright place to work. So it is a 7 on a scale to 10 on a nice place to work.
Pros
Sometimes they would bring in lunch for the employees
Cons
Sometimes the breaks weren't as long as you would like, gets really hot and exhausting working the dock
fun and clean place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTDecember 7, 2017
It was a good experience working and learning new things. I learned how to price items in the back. and stock shelves I was on the line going through items.
Very supportive managers and co-workers
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 5, 2017
What a great place to work! Managers were excited to help you grow and develop new skills. Co-workers were eager to share their skills. Expectations were clearly communicated. If mistakes were made, you were informed and provided opportunities to correct and to learn from the experience.
Pros
supportive managers and co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 3, 2017
Started off working here because of all the great benefits that come with it and they did help me along the way. Management was sincere in truly trying to help me with my goals
Productive, positive
Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 30, 2017
I loved working there. The staff and other employees were fun to work with. Great job placement program. I worked in clothing, inspecting the quality of the clothes.
Fun enviornment but office staff was not very friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTNovember 30, 2017
I had a great experience working at the DI. My Co workers were all great to work with. The only downside was being treated poorly when calling in a day ahead because I couldnt make it into my shift. Also my job coach seemed to go out of her way to find reasons to get upset at me even though I did everything i was asked to do, and did my job the way I was trained, and never disrespected her. other than that I loved my time at the DI.
Pros
Great Co workers, Great Assist. Manager, amazing program
Cons
part time, no benfits
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTNovember 30, 2017
Working with customers and restocking shelves were fun and learning about the culture from customers. Enjoy putting books by author instead of scattered.
I have enjoyed working to help customers find what they needed and making it easier for them.
Pros
20% off
Cons
Not a permanent job
Productive, Fast paced, Interavtive
Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 28, 2017
Working at Deseret Industries is very beneficial, because they help you look for a job and offer opportunities to do a business partnership with other companies to see if that company will want to hire you or not. They also have cashiering classes to become a certified cashier and also merchandising classes to help you learn how to create a clean and upstanding environment to provide the best customer service possible.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 22, 2017
Productive and great workplace. I would arrive at eight or nine in the mornings to open donations. If the donations are salable I would price the donations. Also, I did other duties assigned, including pricing, cleaning, driving the forklift, warehouse, organizing, etc.
Pros
manageable hours, educational tools
Cons
part-time work only
Associate
Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2017
Great for temporary work while looking for a a full time job with good education options and programs to help find a job or career you want. Just typing this last line to fill the required number of characters
Fun fast pace
Lead cashier (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 20, 2017
Great place to get trained at get to meet alot of new and neat people and talk with them on a daily. If you are open you could meet new friends there.
Retail
Deseret Industries Associate (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDNovember 20, 2017
wonderful experience from day one. Wonderful training,, everyone got along great, It's a entry level job good first time job and not only this you can take classes to improve your work ethics.
Pros
classes, pay college classes, getting to meet new people daily
Cons
Hours
Fast paced, fulfilling workplace
Sales Associate/Team Lead/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDNovember 18, 2017
Deseret Industries strives to help the people of the community, provide humanitarian aid, and place people in a new job fit for them. They provide great customer service and sell things at great discount prices. Management is fair and orderly, and usually the only trouble is ornery associates and customers, which problems are swiftly taken care of in appropriate ways.
Pros
Paid breaks, set schedules, training centered around me
Cons
No health benefits, limited hours
Deseret Industries
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTNovember 16, 2017
A typical day at work would start with helping with the clothing department which I greatly enjoyed. They were short handed and I stepped in to help them.
Pros
paid training, tutors, support
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, part time hours, no chance of full time
Loved it
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDNovember 15, 2017
I loved working at DI. It was a fast paced always changing. I learned a lot about management skills. Unfortunately it is a place where you learn skills to move on to your next job. I would not have minded staying on as long as they would have had me.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
temporary job
Good company for rehabilitation
Store Associate (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 13, 2017
I was treated very fair by management at Deseret. The manager worked in the correct hours to allow me to get back on my feet after an injury had occurred.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2017
Deseret Industries provides training in customer service and gives an employee a chance to improve and learn new skills. They work with you to search for new employment and improve your ability to look for new jobs.
it was a good place to work.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 9, 2017
Great environment nice people to work with. the pay was fine and the job taught me lots of new thing to help me with other jobs i get. but i did feel more like training then a job.
alright place to work
cashier/ sales floor associate (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 8, 2017
it was an alright place to work, despite starting pay being low they did do monthly reviews with the chance of slight pay raises depending on how well you work. management was nice and tried to work with the employee as needed.