Deseret Industries Employee Reviews

Deseret Industries
Customer Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 18, 2018
The DI is a decent place to work and they help you get the skills you need to find and keep a better job, their pay may not be the best but it's a good place for a starter job or to work while looking for better employment.
Productive and a learning experience
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 17, 2018
At Deseret Industries that help you teach you life skills. They take to us once a week to help us learn more according to the area that we are in. We set milestones on were we want to do and how we are going to achieve it.
Pros
Get breaks.
Cons
Stressful place over work under paid
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Harrisville, UTSeptember 16, 2018
I am over work and under paid. I work really hard and I do not feel like I am appreciated for all of my hard work I was supposed to be concerned for a lead position and did not get it they told I was a good person for it.
Pros
Its an ok place
Cons
Short breaks no health care
Customer service (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTSeptember 15, 2018
Great place to start working, they do their best to help be a stepping stone. Sometimes the work is a little fast paced, but the daily goals are still attainable.
A productive fun sometimes stressfull work enviroment
Dock Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day at work was sometimes a blast or a bore or downright stressfull when certain things happened when theres not enough people at work if some are sick or can't show due to something in their life.
Can be pretty great, but understand that it's temporary
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTSeptember 12, 2018
There is a high degree of variance in the work environment, since associates start and end their time working there on a regular basis. Sometimes you'll get a great group that's really fun to work with and sometimes you'll get a group that does nothing but complain and gossip. You'll get good training, but it is not intended to be a long term thing. Overall, very useful as a starting point for a career if you're having trouble getting into the field you want or just need something to help you get back on your feet.
Nice, Upscale Thrift Store
Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 11, 2018
This thrift store has very nice, gently used items, and many of the items are name brand too. It's mormon owned and operated, so you do kinda have to be careful what you talk, for instance, don't talk about alcohol.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Temporary job
Great environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2018
Deseret Industries is a great environment to work in. The staff and management are good people that work together as a team. While any work place will have issues, DI has minimal amount.
great learning environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Harrisville, UTSeptember 10, 2018
I work 5.5 hours a day 5 days a week as a cashier. I get Sundays off. I get the skills and training of how to be a good cashier. Management is understanding and compassionate. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the customers.
Horrible and corrupt
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTSeptember 7, 2018
Deseret industries in centerville has a cash grabbing management who only cares about sales. The mission of DI is to help people advance and learn job skills and get a new job but they don't do anything for anyone but the company.
Progressive
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTSeptember 6, 2018
Willing to train you for what job you want to go into.
The purpose in working there is to be rehabilitated into the job force. It's a training so that as an individual you can have the tools you need to go and be better coming out than going in. Reister training for cashier's, forklift training for those that want to be more industrial. School for those that need to continue their education. Deseret Industries provides that for the few that want more than to just settle for the everyday jobs.
Overall it's a valuable tool to have if you need to start over in life.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Few
good place to grow
Production lead (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 4, 2018
Deseret Industries is not meant to be a permanent career. However while I was there I learned a lot! They have helped to to progress and have even helped pay for my schooling. It's hard work but a very special place.
Fun. a great starting place. excellent for growth.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 31, 2018
Had a blast being a part of a real team. Kind people. easy but interesting work. the chance to help others. and most importantly a place to better yourself as an individual.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
pay ins't great and no benefits
It's okay
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2018
It's a temporary job. It's more for people who need job experience, which they give you. I like the people who I worked with I just didn't like the customers. They were really rude at the one I worked at.
Learning to work with people with disabilities
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 30, 2018
As an older part of the new generation I was able to work with many types of individuals who had all kinds of disabilities. Also with many individuals who had came from very diverse family situations. Great experience.
Pros
Management was very helpful in finding another job.
Cons
Short breaks
Excelente ambiente de trabajo, respetuoso y muy serio
Sorteo de ropa (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2018
Los horarios son muy accesibles no se trabaja en domingo, se descansa el domingo y cualquier otro día entre semana.
Pros
Todo muy bien
Cons
Ningun problema
A job that helps you look for jobs
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDAugust 27, 2018
I have worked at Deseret Industries for 1 1/2 years. I was part of the clothes processing team and more recently I was a training cashier. Each work day we have three breaks: one 10-minute mid-morning break, a half-hour lunch break, and one more 10-minute afternoon break. As a place that helps people look for jobs elsewhere, Deseret Industries has managers dedicated to a working environment that reflects the real world.
Pros
Work-style environment
Cons
Temporary (less than 2 years)
A good job if you can’t find a job anywhere else
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTAugust 26, 2018
Deseret industries is a place for people who can’t find a job or can’t get a job anywhere else. They have job programs there to help you find a better job if you’re having troubles getting one.
Pros
Flexible with hours, helps you find a different job
Cons
Low pay
Challenging, unexpected
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 26, 2018
Great place for people with handicaps, to provide proper training and education, for the underdog. Spiritual led and good opportunities to create a successful work background
Pros
Meeting and learning new cultures
Cons
1. Unorganized management 2.little or no communication 3. counselors not in office for appointments
paid work training program
Dock Worker. sorter, pricer (Current Employee) –  Shoreline, WAAugust 23, 2018
Great job for some one just starting to look for work. gives training and helps get you the things you need to get your new job.slow paced and the last thing they want to do is to fire you. just show up try your best and you will have a good time working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deseret Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4