Desert Choice Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun, fast paced environment
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2018
I loved working with the emotionally disabled children, excellent program used as teaching model. Management and staff were very professional and worked well together.
Pros
Children and program model
Cons
Commute
Stressful. Unrealistic work expectations.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 14, 2018
The exchange from a public school to here is not worth it. Workload doubles as you’re responsible for the local district documentation and Desert Choice. The partnership is troubling and the high level administrators do not appear to understand the dilemma or even care about the program’s success. It’s unfortunate. The turnover is high for a reason. Do your research first.
Pros
If done correctly, the program really can help students.
Cons
Lack of direction and support from Arizona.
Very stressful, extremely poorly run, very bureaucratic, thankless
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 11, 2018
I did learn a lot in my experience at DCS. For instance, I learned that I have a tremendous amount of patience. Also, I learned that I am willing to work and go above and beyond for supervisors who show their appreciation for my work. Finally, I learned what to look for in a supervisor.
Pros
Fun atmosphere on campus, great lead tech (at the Gilbert campus), kids are tiring but fun.
Cons
Administration, hypocritical, poor training
Great job!!!
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZMay 8, 2017
Pros: Great hours, decent pay, easy work load with downtime to get things done. Kids are pleasant most of the time and staff stays positive and helpful. Provides good medical, dental, and vision plans.
Cons: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter breaks not paid. Demands for extra supplemental job to keep financial security.
job
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZApril 14, 2017
It was a good job. The staff and students were great. I was able to be apart of the team and do what I love to do which is help children with special needs.
Great hours and pay, but you have to believe in the program.
BEHAVIORAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Hours cannot be beat, pay is great for a behavior tech, co-workers are a close "family." A fair amount of politics is required. If you do not believe in the program you will not last.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Choice Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Choice Schools Reviews by Location