Desert Choice Schools Employee Reviews

See reviews about
Act like staff dont matter.
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 6, 2018
Too many behaviors going on not enough staff to help out! Too much forcing a behavior. Dont listen to staff feedback. They all act like the staff is stupid and make you feel small cause you dont have the degree.Loved the kids but not the admin. Too many changing of rules depending on the person. Talk to you like one of the kids. Very rude with you.
ugh
BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 4, 2018
There are different levels in these program. And this determines a lot on a point system know how you get these points is where it gets confusing. Everyone has a different opinion on how these points get earned but where it gets annoying and frustrating the most is what determines when the students points don't get earned. Again everyone has a different reason as to why they don't earn points and never the same explanation always different. Again consistency. Also for what the employees deal with on a daily 29200.00 a year is not enough.
Fun, fast paced environment
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2018
I loved working with the emotionally disabled children, excellent program used as teaching model. Management and staff were very professional and worked well together.
Pros
Children and program model
Cons
Commute
Stressful. Unrealistic work expectations.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 14, 2018
The exchange from a public school to here is not worth it. Workload doubles as you’re responsible for the local district documentation and Desert Choice. The partnership is troubling and the high level administrators do not appear to understand the dilemma or even care about the program’s success. It’s unfortunate. The turnover is high for a reason. Do your research first.
Pros
If done correctly, the program really can help students.
Cons
Lack of direction and support from Arizona.
Very stressful, extremely poorly run, very bureaucratic, thankless
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 11, 2018
I did learn a lot in my experience at DCS. For instance, I learned that I have a tremendous amount of patience. Also, I learned that I am willing to work and go above and beyond for supervisors who show their appreciation for my work. Finally, I learned what to look for in a supervisor.
Pros
Fun atmosphere on campus, great lead tech (at the Gilbert campus), kids are tiring but fun.
Cons
Administration, hypocritical, poor training
Great job!!!
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZMay 8, 2017
Pros: Great hours, decent pay, easy work load with downtime to get things done. Kids are pleasant most of the time and staff stays positive and helpful. Provides good medical, dental, and vision plans.
Cons: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter breaks not paid. Demands for extra supplemental job to keep financial security.
job
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZApril 14, 2017
It was a good job. The staff and students were great. I was able to be apart of the team and do what I love to do which is help children with special needs.
Great place
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Higley, AZFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for them, but it was a lot of changes I didn't agree with. The common language was spot on and how the "program function was ideal for any campus.
Great hours and pay, but you have to believe in the program.
BEHAVIORAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Hours cannot be beat, pay is great for a behavior tech, co-workers are a close "family." A fair amount of politics is required. If you do not believe in the program you will not last.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Choice Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about