Desert Clinic Pain Institute Employee Reviews

Hard work pays off
Other (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 12, 2018
As a current employee at Desert Clinic Pain Institute/Summit pain institute, I’ve found in years working for organization that if an employee puts forth hard work hard, dedication, commitment to patient care, respect, good attendance and refrain from complaining, gossip and drama; you will find your learning professional skill sets and further knowledge of pain management modalities. Organization compensates for those who are commited and strive to further excel in their career. Management, chief medical officer and physicians will guide/train those who are seeking opportunity to grow knowledge of field. If your prone to change and evolving to new systems you will find job interesting. Daily work is fast paced and requires patient engagement, and enjoyable for those who thrive off of personal interactions, which makes the work day go by fast. Organization has upcoming opportunities for lead positions and company looks within first for those who are fit. If you’re not open or flexible to change probably not the best place for those.
Pros
Opportunities, Coaching from leadership, team building, discounted treatment, fair pay, flexible
Cons
Khaki scrub color
Life Changing Opportunity
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAOctober 19, 2018
I have been with this company for almost 4 years now and since day one I was welcomed to the team. This has been one of the best companies I have worked for. I have had so much opportunity for growth here. Management is supportive, the Doctors and staff are awesome to work with. I love the companies passion and goal to help patients. Desert Clinic/Summit Pain Institute could be a life changing opportunity for people who are looking to invest in a company and to grow within. Very excited to be apart of such an amazing company.
Pros
Staff Appreciation days, Christmas company party, Team building
Productive, welcoming workplace.
Administrative Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 17, 2018
My experience so far at DCPI has been excellent. Since the first day I on boarded the staff has been phenomenal. My trainers were great, any question I had, or still have, they answered. I felt welcomed since day one. Yes some days are more hectic than others but that's life. The team that I currently work with is just great, there is a lot of collaboration. Management has been there when I have needed them. I am happy to be able to work in a company that is growing so fast. I look forward working here for many years.
Great Workplace Feel with Amazing Opportunity to Change Lives
Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 17, 2018
One of the things that I love about working for Desert Clinic Pain Institute is that there is such a clear difference that you are making in patient's lives. I have seen patients enter the program (the COE specifically), find a community to walk with them, learn with them and spur them on. I have seen patients get off of decade long dependencies on opioids and have even seen patients get up out of a wheel chair and walk for the very first time in years. Now, this is all outward positive realities. Behind the scenes, there is a close camaraderie of workplace relationships as well. There is mutual dependency and reliability that fosters a teamwork environment that is complementary. There is support from the top down, from management to staff. Also, there is plenty of room for career advancement. I have seem people come into the clinics as medical assistants working on further education and rise up to corporate administration upon completion of the requirements. That is really encouraging to me.
Very stressful, they expect a lot from you without any recognition.
Administrative Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 11, 2018
STAY AWAY at all cost!, If i could give it no stars I would.
They expect a lot from you, and you still get in trouble, they are pushovers!! Regret working for this company.
No place for growth
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 18, 2018
I had the opportunity to work here. When they interview you and hire you they make it seem like its a perfectly run place. However I should have known they lied of the location i was going to work in.Big WARNING! This place is a perfect place for students to work. The management is very poor and they play favorites. The majority of office supervisors have no education or knowledge of how to supervise a medical facility.They have a big staff turn over for a reason. Patients are just numbers and yes they have Goals on how many IEHP members they can send to COE program. For those who stick around its not because they are great at their jobs. Employees stay there for comfort. This company has no place for growth.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, horrible uniform colors
Worst place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 9, 2018
By far the worst company to work for the supervisor is so rude and unprofessional and unexperienced She is all about being friendly but yet she’s the same one who has her favorites upper management does not care if you tell them anything all they care about is the money . The schedule is out of control overbooking doctors and a lot of rescheduling.
Cons
Supervisor is rude, upper management, pay, drama
Great Workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2018
Grateful for the opportunity given to me by Desert Clinic Pain Institute as a young man without experience they hired and welcomed me.

Through the years I have grown mentally and professionally while working for Desert Clinic. I enjoy coming to work everyday helping patients who suffer from chronic pain.

As a successful growing company there is room for job advancement and as a result I was able to hone and craft my skills as an exceptional employee and professional.
Pros
Job Advancement
Run far away
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 8, 2018
Stressful and disorganized are major understatements.
Management play favorites and are unprofessional. The amount of work they pile on non management staff while they get their coffee and hide in a room is really bad. The low pay rate is not only a slap in the face but just plain embarrassing. Always overbooking, the patient is treated like a $ sign. Nothing runs on time, they change things on the fly and look for ways to get anyone in trouble rather than building a good team. The turn over rate is so bad here even the patients get frustrated. RUN
Cons
understaffed, terrible pay, work load, management, gossip, negative, stressful environment
not what I hoped for
Medical Assistant - Scribe (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 6, 2018
Lack of communication is very evident with supervisors. High volume of patients, eight an hour for one provider, with multiple providers being there at once makes for a hectic and very stressful work environment.
Nightmare environment poor communication zero training
Prefer not to state (Former Employee) –  MultipleMay 16, 2018
Words can’t even begin to cover it. This place is beyond words and not in a good way. Poor communication is an understatement. The hiring process is a joke as well as the entire off site team. Expect gossip, disrespect ,and nepotism towards unprofessional staff who are affiliated with owners or management. Also, ever hear of the term overworked and underpaid? Yeah, it’s bad.
Pros
Overall good concept
Cons
Too many to list
Room for movement
Outcome Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 29, 2018
There are a lot of opportunities for upward movement if you express the interest. There are always learning experiences offered as well if you take the time to ask the doctors.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Very small clinic, everyone is crammed
Deceitful Unprofessional Workplace
Medical (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 27, 2017
Run - don’t walk away. Management is horrible and base decisions on personal feelings - not good business sense. They DO NOT appreciate their employees and treat them as disposable. Very high turn over rate. Expect staff to work outside scope of practice. Overbook Medical. No breaks - always there overtime. And those aren’t the serious issues. Most staff are very young and extremely inexperienced.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Everything else
Management is Terrible
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 26, 2017
The office management is terrible. Very unprofessional. Do not recommend working here! Too much gossip and non team work. You have to work for a whole year before you get vacation. They want too much for small pay.
Cons
Terrible office management
Beware
Nursing Dept/Medical dept (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 23, 2017
The honeymoon phase of this job came and went rather quickly. The upper management are poor team players. There is a severe chronic lack of communication and rampant disrespect on all levels. No job description is available, so they make things up on the fly. The overall vision for the practice is great, but the upper management are very shady and focus more on trying to catch people on something rather than teaching them or getting to know their staff. There was essentially no orientation and they still have no formal orientation plan or schedule. So inevitably things will be not done, or completed. But they deny responsibility of their lack of direction.
Pros
Lower level staff are amazing and the glue that holds this place up
Cons
No breaks, missed lunches, short staffed, no orientation
Poor Management
Treatment Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CA 92270September 20, 2017
Communication breakdown from upper management, and very disorganized. The MD's are excellent educators and very supportive, however, they need to be involved with oversight of middle tier management.
Pros
Medical Doctors
Cons
Poor Middle Management
Productive Rewarding place to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 2, 2017
Desert Clinic Pain Institute is a very rewarding company to work for. I have been employed here for almost a year and am so thankful I was given an opportunity to work here. The leadership team is very knowledgeable dependable and supportive.
Pros
Great Benefits, Multiple locations
Cons
I haven't found any
Fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAApril 28, 2017
Love it here and wish to stay with this group of epeopel was here doing extern hours .I love that they work together and always have each other's backs on everything
Pros
Staff is great
Cons
Short lunch
This office reflects bad leadership skills. Terrible office management. Major turnover. Very immature office management.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, Indio, and Palm SpringsNovember 13, 2016
I would never recommend this work environment to anyone, it is chaotic and immature. The office management is very immature and lacks good leadership skills. An employees attitude reflects office management leadership in this office. The work environment never functions correctly. More then one employee will say they were never trained just thrown into their job. The office manager picks office favorites and tends to often pit colleagues against one another. Often good management gives good direction, this is not the case here. Compensation is terrible.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Terrible management, bad leadership, bad attitudes.