Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 16, 2019
They had everyone's pay and the same per hour but then the new employees that do not have any experience and started them at 3$ more and took forever to give anyone a raise even though we had to pick up slack from new employees.
Very structured
LEAD COOK, DIAMOND CAFÉ (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 14, 2019
It was an interesting place to work. Employment opportunities were biased toward members of the tribal nation. If you werea a member then you got promotions, benefits, relaxed work environment, etc.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
No benefits, too short breaks, meals provided but only before or after shift.
management
Barback (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 10, 2019
it seems like every DDC review is the same and that says something the pay is insanely good in some areas of the casino but the F&B managers are just so terrible there is always favoritism and if you try to mess with the favorite by writing a report nothing gets done pretty much a one man job in some aspect and most of all managers dont follow the rules they say or that are in the handbook
Pros
sometimes free lunches the pay
Cons
managers
Poor management, over worked staff
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 26, 2019
Managers and supervisors are very careless don’t take your opinions or comments into consideration! Most of the employees in the food and beverage department Had trouble with a hostess. She was completely out of line, unprofessional, Rude and Disrespectful we’ve spoke to managers and supervisors about her and her behavior, but no one seems to care they just blow it off and nothing gets resolved! A lot of drama working there.
Pros
Good benefits, great pay
Cons
Poor Managers, supervisors, lack of communication
Food and Bev managers need work
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 2, 2019
if you want to work alot of hours and are okay with difficult people with lots of requests then sign up, the work environment is very friendly, but this is a job that monitors your every move, and is very strict and regualted, you will get worked a lot unless you speak up, and will get points for everytime you do not show up or come late and 12 points gets you fired.
not a good place
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2019
they over work there staff with little to no pay
you never see a manager
management doesn't solve problems to help employees
scheduling only if management likes/ approves of you
Pros
meet new people
Cons
management favorittizem
Food & beverage Management is Terrible
Service Bartender (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 21, 2019
The atmosphere and coworkers are amazing. Benefits and pay is good. But that dont matter if your managers aren't investing time into anyone for promotions. They take advantage of hard workers and only treat their favorites good. They lie about seniority and basically everything else they say they do for workers.
Besides management being terrible. That place was a 2nd home to me. And i would love to come back if they change management
Pros
Good pay benefits and cheap lunch
Cons
Terrible management
Positive workplace
warehouse receiving person (Former Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZFebruary 4, 2019
I enjoyed working for Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment. While I worked in the warehouse, I also cross-trained to help when concerts were held. The people are very friendly, training is sufficient and wonderful benefits.
Pros
Friendly, positive work environment
Cons
Long commute, 25 mile drive to Sahuarita
high stress
Baker (Former Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZJanuary 26, 2019
You are expected to work in a high stress environment with minimal supervision, you are expected to work with people under qualified for the job. If you can get past the favoritism shown to some employees, it is an OK place to work.
Work place
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 19, 2018
I love working there it was fun meeting people see other people win laughing having good time I was more into work then talking to people but when I had the chance to talk to people is when I am in break or off of work
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Heath care
Great benefits but not worth the hostel environment
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305December 11, 2018
Hired with lies. No liquor was hardest and all they did was pay us $2 more which was $8 plus tips. Dealing with upset guest daily and unknowledgeable management not helping from not knowing as well. We went through 6 different supervisor just un my 2 years there.

The benefits was the only reason I stayed for 2 years. Honestly I would go back just for the benefits but not as a server.
Pros
Benefits and Regular guest
Cons
Managment, Pay, Smoke.The Tribe
fun and interesting enviornment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 10, 2018
a typical day at work would be clocking in , going to get my draw from the cage, going back to the players club waiting for guest to ask question and getting a rewards card along with ticket purchases for concerts.
Pros
hours were never shorted, emp;oyees were nice.
Cons
smokey enviornment, i was working fulltime but got a bonus for partime
Desert Diamond Casino Hotel is beneficial for people hired with existing skills, but training for inexperienced people leaves a lot to be desired.
Sales Associate-Group Sales (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 1, 2018
What I learned by working at Desert Diamond Casino Hotel only enriched my existing knowledge of the hotel industry on a minimal basis. The reason for my departure was to expand my abilities.
Pros
Extensive medical and dental plan, as well as life insurance for my family.
Cons
Poor upper management and lax attitude toward bullying in office.
Administrative Assistant for Facilities (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 25, 2018
Worked for Desert Diamond for 19 years and the many friends and family I was able to gain was awesome. I left the company only to oursue a career in the field of study I am going to school for.
Evs
EVS Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 13, 2018
I clean and maintain a neat looking bathroom and casino floor for guest. The people all around are really nice and friendly and I love the people and sometimes the work
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
It can get a bit slow
Enjoyable work environment.
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2018
Responsibilities Responsible for the Security and Safety operations during the entire shift.
Responsible for the daily supervision of Lead Security Officers, Security Officers and Bike Patrol Officers on a shift.
Responsible for the protection of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) assets.
Responsible for directing subordinates and completing performance reviews.
Applies fair and consistent supervision.
Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all TOGE and
departmental policies and procedures.
Responsible for reviewing and editing of incident reports prepared by subordinates for completeness and accuracy.
Pros
Grate environment.
Cons
N/a
fun and energetic atmosphere !
Server (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305September 28, 2018
I love interacting with customers and giving my all to insure everyone has a great experience while visiting the casino and wants to return ! love the diverse atmosphere !
Pros
paid time off
Cons
long shifts
You have to tip bartender 10% of your tips.
Drink Server (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 26, 2018
HR constantly calling pass employers instead of asking all needed information all at once. I was told it would be full time come to find out you have to put your name on a list for other areas to meet 40 hrs. You have to have decent credit to work there with no bankruptcies.
Pros
Free breakfast and salad bar.
Cons
Smokey casino area.
Desert Diamond Casino
Internship (Current Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZSeptember 3, 2018
The environment is supportive. The workers are friendly. Friendliness is a major part of the culture here. I learned a great deal from the many departments i was able to cross-train within the Casino Marketing department. I also had the opportunity to learn from the Promotions department. I participated in running our weekly Slot Tournaments. I am only looking for another place of employment because my internship is over and there is no available position for me to apply for within the Casino Marketing department.
A day at work
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 23, 2018
it was usually slow, I don't really remember making anywhere near enough tips but it was a very long time ago. It isn't the best place to work because my manager that I loved is no longer there but he was the best manager in the whole world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Reviews by Location