Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Culture reviews

Amazing Work Place
Beverage Server lll (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305June 5, 2019
I enjoyed my time there. The co-workers and managers were great. The guests made it even more fun. Management does need to do a lot of improving. They had their favorites. The hardest part was when it was slow and hardly quests would tip. But you had your days were it was just great.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Benefits, Great Hours
Cons
Management, Short breaks
fun and energetic atmosphere !
Server (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305September 28, 2018
I love interacting with customers and giving my all to insure everyone has a great experience while visiting the casino and wants to return ! love the diverse atmosphere !
Pros
paid time off
Cons
long shifts
Desert Diamond Casino
Internship (Current Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZSeptember 3, 2018
The environment is supportive. The workers are friendly. Friendliness is a major part of the culture here. I learned a great deal from the many departments i was able to cross-train within the Casino Marketing department. I also had the opportunity to learn from the Promotions department. I participated in running our weekly Slot Tournaments. I am only looking for another place of employment because my internship is over and there is no available position for me to apply for within the Casino Marketing department.
Fun work environment with supportive co-workers
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZMay 23, 2018
The Tohono O'Odham tribe is a great employer to work for. They take care of their people and run an ethical business. Coworkers are supportive and friendly.
Pros
Fun and interesting work environment
Cons
Casinos operate 24/7/365, so you may have to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Desert Diamond Casino in Glendale, is it entirely different from the other TO casinos
Slot Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 26, 2018
This casino is different enviornment and feel from the other Desert Diamond Casinos in Tucson. First we are class 2 gaming, we have Jack Pot celebrations, there is a wide range on ethnic cultures co-workers we work with, and learn from. Theres is alway something new to learn and experiance, espeically with our guests. I have been invovled with entertainment business for well over 20 year, and in restaurant's for 10 years combined. All my experiences together I would be whats called a "Jack of all trades". I work with my heart and plan with my mind, and i give the most of what I have and expect to recieve in return.
Pros
Great pay and opportunities
Cons
Schedules, 24-7 working through holidays
Great people
Entertainment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 2, 2018
The people you get to work with are great. The majority of Team Members are supportive and helpful and the benefits are awesome. It is pretty much the same as all other large employers.
Good llace
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 28, 2018
Easy fast pasta job. Had a lot of people around and always was on my feet helping guest but a fun atmosphere with many new people to meet evevryday..
Fun working sworking with team members.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Why, AZFebruary 8, 2018
Working for the Desert Diamond Casino was fun. I enjoyed meeting new untrusting people and working with a fun team. I learned a lot for at the casino money handling and customer service.
Good
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZJanuary 9, 2018
work is work... it is a great destination to get away to gamble. A lot of new games , friendly staff and great entertainment.

I say take a visit to all locations
Productive, fun place
Server (Former Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZDecember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here and would recommend anyone to work at the Desert Diamond Casino. They offer great benefits and 401k. Its a fun environment and fast paced
Pros
Good benifits
Always something going on.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZOctober 26, 2017
It's a casino, so obviously always something going on. Concerts, Dj's you name it. Professional staff and quality product. Fun table games as well as slots.
Pros
Fun atmosphere.
Cons
Tips not so great.
Good learning skills industry and good benefits.
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Desert diamonds casino was a good industry to work for, however, the culture of the workers in the casino industry is good.
First reason, they all learn how to gamble and it is not a smoke free environment.
Pros
Flexibility of rotation and schedule
Cons
Too much smoke
It was a fun place to work with nice people
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2017
My favorite part of my time at Desert Diamond was the people I got to work with. The management was on point and the culture of the work place was always upbeat.
Pros
workplace culture.
Cons
Not much tips.
Exciting place to work, excellent benefits, great team.
Assistant Players Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 25, 2017
I worked at Desert Diamond Casino for 17 years, I've been promoted 6 times since I've started working there. The company offered excellent benefits and put members of the Tohono O'odham Nation first, as I'm a member. Great management team and great team members.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 19, 2017
Very fun place to work. Great environment and you get to see alot of the same faces so you get to know people quick and feel more welcome. Lunch specials
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not always getting out when you are supposed to
Lots of good people who work here during the day
Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 16, 2017
Meeting people is the best part here, management for f&b is garbage, no liquor here yet, typical day is very smoky, the staff during the day seems to be the best hired. If you give them notice of another job they will try to get rid of you. All tipped employees are getting pay deductions when liquor arrives because they are expected to be tipped when glendale isnt wealthy and the crowd doesn't tip at all. Casino is a warehouse and the real casino wont be made for another 2 years. I would recommend EVERYONE to work at ANY OTHER casino this one is a waste of time.
Pros
Offers full benefits, competitive wages, and pto for full and part time employee's
Cons
Pay deductions for tipped employee's, terrible management and ethics, does not care about dual employment, cant move you up to full-time if you hit 6 points, terrible ventilation
meeting new people, fun
Server, Banquet (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 4, 2017
getting ready for the day. lots to prepared, management was fun to work with, hardest part of the job was staying late to clean up. I enjoyed setting up for concerts
Pros
tips, meeting new people
Cons
staying late
Room so growth
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2017
Seems like a good place to work. Management needs more training otherwise pretty good place to work. It a fun place to work but you have to get use to the Smoky atmosphere
Pros
Pay...free lunch
Cons
Management needs more training
Casino Gaming, Slots Machines, Blackjack tables and Nightclub
Surveillance Officer (Current Employee) –  7350 S Nogales HwyJuly 15, 2017
Never have a boring day theirs always something going on, I've learned so much about the Casino the years I've been employed. working environment is a little smoky but the culture of the different employee that work is good.
Desert Diamond
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZApril 25, 2017
Work environment is awesome. Co-workers are the main highlight of the casino. Management in the cage department is lacking.

Process guest transactions and assist with team efforts to better the department.
Pros
Health care, compensation
Cons
cage manager lacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Reviews by Location