Desert Financial Credit Union Employee Reviews

n/a
Learning and Development Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2019
This company was undergoing many internal changes and was difficult to work for. I wasn't treated as an adult; I was micro managed and spoken down to by my manager.
Desert Financial Personal Banker
Member Solution Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2019
Working for Desert Financial Credit Union was one of the best jobs I have ever held. The branch I was at was probably my favorite team of people i have ever worked with and I still question my choice to leave there even now.
Poor management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZFebruary 20, 2019
The benefits were great! However, I felt underpaid especially having to take on higher level job rolls while the branch was short staffed. Management is a joke, they like to gossip about their employees to other employees and to other leaders at other branches and play favoritism. Most of the managers are very fake people. This company is all about sales even though they claim to “want to do what’s best for the members”. How are you supposed to meet sales quota in a town when 95% of the people aren’t credit qualifying for loans or new accounts?! And then get in trouble for the branch not meeting their sales goals. Also, being there 9-10 hours a day and sometimes not getting a lunch break or being able to sit down because management thinks it’s looks unprofessional... well then why is there chairs in the branch? Management is so poor, they would rather be laughing in the back room or on their phones than leaving their only teller out on the line by themselves to possibly get robbed. There is also no room for advancement, their technology is outdated, and the training isn’t efficient enough for the day to day job roll.
Benefits
Cons
Management, no lunch breaks, high turn over rate, no advancement, little pay
Two Faced Company.
Member Advocate (Banker) (Former Employee) –  Black Canyon BranchJanuary 28, 2019
This company doesn’t care about their Bankers.

Prepare for crazy sales goals and long hours. Fall low on your numbers and get ready for multiple talks with your managers.

You don’t meet your sales goals and the manager doesn’t bonus. That’s every bodies main concern.
Pros
Sunday off
Cons
Crazy sales, horrible underwriting, unappreciative moral
Slow and boring work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2019
The manager at the 7th st and Thunderbird location is horrible she is very rude and blunt. It's all about favoritism at that branch and she manipulates everything when she doesn't get what she wants. She always has personal problems and brings those issues to work. She blames her employees when the hire up management asks her for results. The environment is toxic and if you don't fit in then you'll get tossed after your 90 days.
Cons
ALL about sales hard to compete with other institutions
Customer Services
Operation Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2018
Great Job was great Care about there employees Job taring was very easy , maybe will go back one day V action, Sick 401K , I work in customer service for 4 years . Just wanted to try something different
Never Again.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZNovember 16, 2018
I was hired as a teller. The management is such a joke. They have ridiculous demands for sales and they don’t care about you. They talk bad about their employees.
Pros
Off Sundays, Paid Holidays.
Cons
Poor Management, No Room for Advancement.
Make a friendly and sales oriented.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2018
Desert financial has been a very successful credit union and has grown to be one on the largest credit union in Arizona. As they grown, they have forgotten that employees are a very essential part of the business.
Pros
Good sales incentives
Cons
Unprofessional manager
Secure Job
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZNovember 2, 2018
The Credit Union was a great starting job for me. I was able to obtain knowledge and skills to future my career however, I was overlooked multiple times for job advancement that I was more than qualified to do due to a disagreement with management on an unrelated topic.
Great Organization - Tough Time
Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2018
Lots of transition in the organization at the leadership level resulted in a lack of clarity. Change was necessary. Infighting at the highest levels of the organization caused a lot of talent to leave.
Pros
Cons
Leadership transitions
Great company, poor branch pmanagement
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2018
I love this company, but my recent promotion and relocation has been rough. Great perks; discounts, goody bags, free events, employee assistance programs.
Good place to Work
Back Office Support (BOSS) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2018
Good environment, nice people to work with. Good benefits package. Was able to learn a lot about working in a credit union. Great place to work.Love being able to work from home.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Can only work from home in Arizona
Incentive based employment, with consequences for not pushing sales.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2018
There is no reward for hard work, just for sales. The branches say that there is a somewhat flexible schedule, but it must fit within a schedule that benefits the management.
Pros
Overtime potential
Cons
Poor management
Fantastic Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2018
I had an overall good experience. I was not experienced enough to navigate the politics of Upper Management and had a disagreement with a member of management. Overall excluding the unethical experience I had prior to my leaving, the company itself is a wonderful place to work. I had great relationships with my peers and was confident in the products offered to the members.
Pros
culture
Cons
promote inexperienced leaders
Excellent community focused organization with advancement opportunities
Retail Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2018
A typical day at Desert Schools (now Desert Financial) was filled with fulfilling work surrounded by a great team of coworkers and wonderful managers.
Pros
great people, community focused
Cons
not for profit means not the greatest pay
Cross selling
MAC (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2018
Come in and find out what the sales of the day is for that you can come up with a way to incorporate that in every call that comes in and cross sell and even if it did not fix since they have gotten information the more things that customers know that their credit union does the better the business we would get.
Pros
Largest Credit Union
Cons
Lack of management
Employee relationships with management excellent
Consumer Lending System Specialist Contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
I was a contractor so I did not reap the benefits of being a full time employee unfortunately. When my contract was completed, ahead of schedule, they were not hiring due to a black out on hiring due to them changing to a new operating system.
Okay place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2018
Things are getting too sales oriented and they are getting away from what made them successful and that is their membership. They would rather get rid of a long time member that isn't "making them money" than continue to help them.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy sales
They talk a good game but, watch out.
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2018
They seem like a great company to work at in the beginning but people are not supportive of their co-workers. On the bright side, the company is very community outreach oriented.
Pros
paid time for charity events
Cons
Little or no team support.
Extremely sales driven
Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2018
A typical day at work includes close engagement with customers. The branch roles are very sales driven. High stress and long hours. The best part of the job is interacting with nice members.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
extreme pressure to sell products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Financial Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.