Desert Oasis Healthcare Employee Reviews

okay
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 17, 2018
Unfortunely as Desert Oasis may be a nice place to work for others, I myself did not have a good working experience there due to my manager. I will refer this place of employment to anyone else.
Great place to work!
ICM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 5, 2018
Best patient care in the valley! Whether you get a pat on the back or not is not a problem because if you do your job you feel accomplished, and proud at end of day knowing you assisted all you could to get patients where they need to be.
Pros
lots of pot lucks, Pto, friendly coworkers, family feel environment
Productive, fast paced and most importantly care for and almost always go the extra mile to help their patients!
ICM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 4, 2018
Great place to work, training given regularly in groups and individual training if needed. They care for the patients they are overseeing and do best possible job to get patient to where they need to be as most have many complications with their health issues. Emergent issues are quickly expedited to next phase needed. No tug and pull each needed department works hand in hand with each other to expedite patient care. Employee questions get answered when asked or company will promptly refer you to whom can reply with answer or direction. TEAM company most people help each other when help is needed, and I had a great immediate supervisor and Case Mgr RN
Many fun family outings with discounts available for employees.
Though I am quite healthy thank God I loved the idea that we had an immediate care facility right on campus so if you became ill during work you could go get checked, and if your primary care physician was on campus you could go in for a regular appointment on your break or lunch hour no problem...VERY convenient.
Pros
many pot lucks
Cons
many pot lucks
Dohc
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 6, 2018
Working here was a wonderful experience! They had recently added a cafeteria with both hot and cold lunch options, what more could an employee ask for!
I really enjoyed working with the doctors and patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 22, 2018
A typical day is meet and greet patients. Scheduling and all front office duties. The office manager at my work site was very mean and did not nurture her employees. The manager made the workplace very stressful all the time. The hardest part of the job was the managers mood swings. Working with the doctors and learning new health care procedures were amazing and getting to help the patients.
Pros
The doctors were so nice and fun to work with
Cons
The manager was unpleasant to deal with on a daily bases
No employee help
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 24, 2018
Staff is always talking gossip to one another and in front of patients. Manager was never supportive and there’s a lot of favoritism. The entire company is a horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Many
Very relaxed, fun place to work
Medical Coder II (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 4, 2018
As long as you do your work no one bothers you.
DOHC is a very relaxed place to work. Working is a casual no one is looking over your shoulder. A typical day is auditing patients packets. The most enjoyable part of my job a completing packets in a timely manner.
Great company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Learned a lot at Desert Oasis Healthcare. Management was great as well. Company paid well and had a lot of good qualities to work with. It was a special and lovely experience to work for that company.
Nothing to say
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 3, 2017
I worked in the claims department. Overtime always available. Managers play favortism. Unable to advance your skills. Co-worker make your job difficult
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Managers are rude
Would not recommed
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 26, 2017
The only way you can work here is if you know someone. The only way you can advance is if someone likes you personally, instead of focusing on your work ethic.
The rudest mid level managers I've ever encountered
Operations (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 26, 2017
Never before have I worked among some of the most self-centered, rude and uncollaborative managers and directors. The culture is toxic--and tolerated!
Lack of Management
Developer (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 6, 2017
Upper management is in those positions only because of time with the company, not skillset. Most do not have the experience needed to run a company. The company is coasting on the fact that they are a healthcare company. If this were any other industry, they would be out of business.
On the plus side, every is very friendly. Campus is beautiful. And you get pretty good health benefits.
Pros
Good health insurance
Great
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  EverywhereFebruary 25, 2017
Great I have no complaints . I enjoyed working with the company a lot.
The staff was friendly and very helpful . I was very impressed by all they do for their employees
Pros
Great
Great environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 15, 2017
My opinion about Desert Oasis Helathcare is that it is a great, friendly and busy place to work at.
You learn many and new things about the job in different departments.
Co-workers are friendly always have a smile on their face and kept busy, everyone builds an appropriate relationship with the patients and Doctors.
Learned a lot in the time I was there
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 10, 2016
I enjoyed my job, my co-workers and patients made my job engaging. My boss was a great man to work for. He taught me so much and was encouraging. Over the course of the years I learned many aspects of the medical field. I learned how to better communicate with patients as well as staff and department heads.
Pros
Benifiets
Cons
Gossiping employees
Loved working here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 21, 2016
It is the best place to work at. Wish my job there wasn't temporary. I would still be working there. The staff I worked with was great.
productie work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 14, 2016
it is always busy environment to work at , always on top of things I learned allot from this job it helped me be more responsible and mature allot more and helped pay for my school.
Pros
custumers
Cons
short brake
Dynamic organization
Health Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Nice place to work. Challenging culture to adapt, changes occurred rapidly. Lack of visibility from senior management.
Great doctors and patient care, Horrible Supervisors
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 28, 2015
Overall my experience with Desert Oasis was some what pleasing I enjoyed working as Medical Assistant in the back office, especially with the physicians. Desert Oasis always put their patients first, I also admired that quality and the beauty of the campus. The Senior back office medical assistance were bullies, and non productive, they spent too much time belittling the co -workers, the biggest bully was the Supervisor who demanded respect but could not give respect in return, she grew very dependent on her favorite back office bullies. Sadly that became a division among co- workers.
Pros
Great doctors to work for, great EMR, awesome tech support, pleasant campus, .
Cons
Horrible Supervisors, too much favoritism, and false accusations, too much pointing fingers
A place to learn,have fun and just be yourself
SNP Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 5, 2015
Great Company to work for.The benefits are great.The people there are just incredibly happy,very helpful and the first to lend a helping hand.
Pros
Great Co-workers and management
Cons
No Holiday pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Oasis Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about