Desert Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 31, 2018
Good place to work for. Offers competitive compensation and benefits. For the times I have worked for this company, I was treated fairly and with the bonus of having a union is a plus
September 1, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

All office equipment are so old and oudated.
Coder I (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 31, 2018
Typical day is very boring. I learned to code OP. Management is on cruise control and favoritism toward older employee. Workplace culture very boring and not a fun place to be.
Pros
They give free t-shirt and meals.
September 1, 2018

Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate the feedback and will share with management ASAP.

Stressful
CLS (Clinical Laboratory Scientist); ASCP SC (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 23, 2018
Working to meet patient needs, doctors and nursing requesting test results continually. Lab leadership did not listen to observations about purchasing proper equipment. Leadership was swayed by what companies said.
Pros
The people in the lab and other departments.
Cons
Lab leadership or lack there of.
August 24, 2018

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership immediately.

Gme
Residency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 14, 2018
Overall, this position is very satisfying, the residents are great to work with and my Program Director is easy to talk with. Sadly, the GME management is lacking support and leadership skills, which makes it difficult as they are the one I must report directly.
August 15, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with leadership.

So much have changed. A very stressful environment
Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 3, 2018
Would to try a better place of work. Management has changed and we are all so lost. Unapproachable managemt. A balanced at work would be very much appreciated. They hired so much travelers because they got rid of a lot of people and now the travelers mistakes are all our mistakes too
August 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success. As we are always looking to improve as both a company and employer, we recommend open communication with your direct manager.

Helpful co-workers, good learning environment
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 20, 2018
Co-workers were very helpful and collaborative.
Management needs improving.
Beneficial to entry-level employees because they are willing to hire entry-level coders and willing to train them, which is exceptional.
July 21, 2018

Thanks for the positive review. We're glad you were so happy in your role.

Great People
Business Systems Analysis Advisor NTT Data (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 13, 2018
The people at DRMC make it a great place to work. Patient care is the primary focus and it is reflected in the decisions taken. There is never a boring day at Desert.
July 14, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate the feedback!

Benefits are decent, fellow peers are fun to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 9, 2018
I have worked for this organization a long time, mostly because of the medical benefits, my peers and other hospital professionals that continue to make patient care top priority.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of leadership guidance, positive feedback, motivation and incentives to improve productivity, limited resources in order to provide better patient care.
Pros
benefits, wages
Cons
lack of leadership, no continuing ed. reimbursement, no incentives to work weekends or holidays
July 11, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with leadership but encourage you to discuss your concerns with your manager.

Therapy department
Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 27, 2018
You hardly get appreciated for what you do. Work environment is not ethical. Huge management system just looks at numbers and revenues. You will feel like you are just an ant working for the invisible queen. I am not recommending working here.
June 29, 2018

Very fast pace and enjoyable
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 23, 2018
Doing my externship with this company benefited me in so many ways. I got to put my skills to work and do injections and vitals I learned great costomer service skills interacting with the pts.
June 25, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Great place of growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 18, 2018
Wonderful place to learn and grow. Company is growing and making great strides in healthcare. Community involvement is second to non and compassion of leaders and staff is commendable.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
June 20, 2018

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

productive and fun work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 9, 2018
Even though our jobs require constant attention and full involvement for patient care, the people you work with are always there to lend a hand in any way you need
May 11, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. At Desert Regional Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Upper management Issues
Peri-operative Material Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 3, 2018
Management is withdrawn from staff decisions made for the departments and facility were made and executed without regard to staff at the end of my tenure.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and doctors
Cons
Too much to do with too little to do it with for everyone from CEO down.
May 4, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Desert Regional Medical Center's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Lovely place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 23, 2018
Great work/life balance, great benefits and pay. I look forward to going to work each and every day. There is great teamwork and support from management.
Pros
teamwork, support system, management
Cons
high population of homeless and drug addicts abusing the system.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Desert Regional Medical Center! We appreciate your review.

Productive and fun place to work! Overtime always available.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 13, 2018
I worked floatpool at Desert Regional and loved it! Family oriented. Overtime always available. The majority of staff are very friendly and helpful. So much diversity too! I miss working there. My cna wasnt renewed on time so HR let me go. HR wasn't helpful at all. Very rude too.
Pros
Discounts. overtime.
Cons
Human resources are NOT helpful. Very rude to their own employees
April 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success.

Professional and very busy
Versant Administer/Manager - Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 11, 2018
Enjoyed working in the NICU and scheduling the new Versant nurses as they came thru the Versant program along with the Administration. Very active area and comfortable.
Pros
Extremely busy area and time passed quickly.
Cons
Sad to see so many sick babies and mothers.
April 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! At Desert Regional, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Very busy days
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 26, 2018
Every day was something new. You just don't know what the day has in store for you. Very busy place and poor management. Management does not know how the surgery department runs and they just go by what nurses tell them.
Pros
Day goes by fast
Cons
Managment is unfair
March 27, 2018

We’re are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. This will be shared with leadership immediately.

Good
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 19, 2018
Worked with new employees in orientation. Assisted all staff in tuition reimbursement process. Met with education leaders and Directors in organizing online education assignments.
March 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional Medical Center's success.

General Review
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 15, 2018
High turn-over in directors & leadership. Most everyone there, excluding a small portion have amenable personalities, can go with the flow, are professional and polite, but as with every large employer there are a few bad apples who feed into the political bias & backroom gossip... If you're in an essential role & not subject to budgetary cuts, your job should be safe as long as you preform at expected levels & you'll likely have the job for as long as you wish.
Pros
Discounts in the cafeteria & auxiliary store, additionally a variation of guest vendors come to sell quality goods from time to time, the hospital also participates in many community events.
Cons
Turnover in leadership, inability to get rid of bad seeds due to their essential role or nursing union, lack of presence of leadership amongst lower-level staff.
March 18, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success.

The CCC Management is horrible and the work ethic is poor.
Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Comprehensive Cancer CenterMarch 12, 2018
Nurse Managers/ Management thrive in favoritism and lack professionalism for both staff and patients. Everyone is out to get you and there is a lack of team effort. The work load to staff ratio is completely off. The Doctors are amazing and caring people, but everyone else is out to get each other. Charge Nurses and Managers and their favorite employees, thrive on gossip and make for a hostile environment. There is a lack of empathy and team work among all the center. As far as work-life balance, it doesn’t exist. The place is under staffed and vacations are always denied due to staffing. Overall, the place looked promising but once in, the reality is another.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Management and Vacation/PTO
March 13, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Desert Regional Medical Center's management. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about