Desert Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Benefits are decent, fellow peers are fun to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 9, 2018
I have worked for this organization a long time, mostly because of the medical benefits, my peers and other hospital professionals that continue to make patient care top priority.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of leadership guidance, positive feedback, motivation and incentives to improve productivity, limited resources in order to provide better patient care.
Pros
benefits, wages
Cons
lack of leadership, no continuing ed. reimbursement, no incentives to work weekends or holidays
July 11, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with leadership but encourage you to discuss your concerns with your manager.

Therapy department
Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 27, 2018
You hardly get appreciated for what you do. Work environment is not ethical. Huge management system just looks at numbers and revenues. You will feel like you are just an ant working for the invisible queen. I am not recommending working here.
June 29, 2018

Very fast pace and enjoyable
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 23, 2018
Doing my externship with this company benefited me in so many ways. I got to put my skills to work and do injections and vitals I learned great costomer service skills interacting with the pts.
June 25, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Great place of growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 18, 2018
Wonderful place to learn and grow. Company is growing and making great strides in healthcare. Community involvement is second to non and compassion of leaders and staff is commendable.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
June 20, 2018

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

productive and fun work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 9, 2018
Even though our jobs require constant attention and full involvement for patient care, the people you work with are always there to lend a hand in any way you need
May 11, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. At Desert Regional Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Upper management Issues
Peri-operative Material Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 3, 2018
Management is withdrawn from staff decisions made for the departments and facility were made and executed without regard to staff at the end of my tenure.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and doctors
Cons
Too much to do with too little to do it with for everyone from CEO down.
May 4, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Desert Regional Medical Center's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Lovely place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 23, 2018
Great work/life balance, great benefits and pay. I look forward to going to work each and every day. There is great teamwork and support from management.
Pros
teamwork, support system, management
Cons
high population of homeless and drug addicts abusing the system.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Desert Regional Medical Center! We appreciate your review.

Productive and fun place to work! Overtime always available.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 13, 2018
I worked floatpool at Desert Regional and loved it! Family oriented. Overtime always available. The majority of staff are very friendly and helpful. So much diversity too! I miss working there. My cna wasnt renewed on time so HR let me go. HR wasn't helpful at all. Very rude too.
Pros
Discounts. overtime.
Cons
Human resources are NOT helpful. Very rude to their own employees
April 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success.

Professional and very busy
Versant Administer/Manager - Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 11, 2018
Enjoyed working in the NICU and scheduling the new Versant nurses as they came thru the Versant program along with the Administration. Very active area and comfortable.
Pros
Extremely busy area and time passed quickly.
Cons
Sad to see so many sick babies and mothers.
April 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! At Desert Regional, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Very busy days
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 26, 2018
Every day was something new. You just don't know what the day has in store for you. Very busy place and poor management. Management does not know how the surgery department runs and they just go by what nurses tell them.
Pros
Day goes by fast
Cons
Managment is unfair
March 27, 2018

We’re are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. This will be shared with leadership immediately.

Good
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 19, 2018
Worked with new employees in orientation. Assisted all staff in tuition reimbursement process. Met with education leaders and Directors in organizing online education assignments.
March 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional Medical Center's success.

General Review
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 15, 2018
High turn-over in directors & leadership. Most everyone there, excluding a small portion have amenable personalities, can go with the flow, are professional and polite, but as with every large employer there are a few bad apples who feed into the political bias & backroom gossip... If you're in an essential role & not subject to budgetary cuts, your job should be safe as long as you preform at expected levels & you'll likely have the job for as long as you wish.
Pros
Discounts in the cafeteria & auxiliary store, additionally a variation of guest vendors come to sell quality goods from time to time, the hospital also participates in many community events.
Cons
Turnover in leadership, inability to get rid of bad seeds due to their essential role or nursing union, lack of presence of leadership amongst lower-level staff.
March 18, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success.

The CCC Management is horrible and the work ethic is poor.
Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Comprehensive Cancer CenterMarch 12, 2018
Nurse Managers/ Management thrive in favoritism and lack professionalism for both staff and patients. Everyone is out to get you and there is a lack of team effort. The work load to staff ratio is completely off. The Doctors are amazing and caring people, but everyone else is out to get each other. Charge Nurses and Managers and their favorite employees, thrive on gossip and make for a hostile environment. There is a lack of empathy and team work among all the center. As far as work-life balance, it doesn’t exist. The place is under staffed and vacations are always denied due to staffing. Overall, the place looked promising but once in, the reality is another.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Management and Vacation/PTO
March 13, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Desert Regional Medical Center's management. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Great facility. Poor admin/management
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, Ca.March 10, 2018
Great facility and staff. However, poor administration and management create a stressful environment. Great benefits. Great hours. Only 4 sick days allowed in a rolling calendar year.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Limited sick days allowed. Poor management.
March 12, 2018

Great place
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Desert Regional Medical Center was a good place to work. Working for any medical office it does require fast pace and patience. I learned that people will be people just keep calm in every situation. I have learned not to take things personally. Patients will get upset with you because of their situation, finances, health insurance, but just know not to take it to heart.
Pros
Lunch hours
Cons
salary
February 27, 2018

Thank you for the review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional Medical Center.

CNA/Nursing Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I recommend Desert Regional Medical center for anyone who likes a fast paced environment. There are always places to advance and grow when working at DRMC. Lots of continuing education options available.
February 1, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback! At Desert Regional Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

They could pay their non-union employees a little more better.
Other (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Great place at times. All employees deserve the same benefits and treatment. The people behind the scenes do not get recognized like they should. More focused on keeping the nurses happy.
Pros
Some staff members great to work
Cons
Pay is not fair
January 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the pay offered. We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Labor and Delivery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 27, 2017
I loved working at DRMC. The culture among the nurses was positive and helpful. Managers come to help when there are staffing issues. 48 hr required per week and that is a little more than I want to do in a hospital setting. It can be quite stressful
Pros
Excellent work enviornment/culture
Cons
requires more hours than I need
December 28, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional Medical Center's success.

Caring place to work.
Driver. (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 21, 2017
After chemotherapy, patients are transfer to recuperating room. They look tired and just want to rest. We volunteers, will replace clean linen, make bad, and assist with refreshments and food.The register nurses are caring and constantly, closely, observe each of patients. It is emotional and stressful work.
DB
December 23, 2017

Thank you for your review! At Desert Regional Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Desert Regional Medical Center
Clinical Operational Representative (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 17, 2017
I love my job and the people I work with, we do work as a team but I need more hours and or pay . I am a single mother as to why I take my job and opportunities that come through very seriously,
Thank You for your time and consideration.
Pros
I love my Job
Cons
Not enough hours
November 21, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional Medical Center's success.