Desert Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

The worst place I have ever worked
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 1, 2019
The experience here was so terrible there aren't enough words. Management lies to you, doesn't care at all for the well being for any employee. The morale is so low that everyone just tries to survive. Hospital is not cared for. Filthy top to bottom, tons of broken equipment never repaired and still being used. Sterile supplies, expired medications are contaminated and still being used. Equipment not cleaned between patients like the beds, guernys, glucometers, bedside tables, name it. All these things I witnessed and tried to stop from happening and management yelled and punished. No one cares how bad it is. It's all about just keep your mouth shut. I feel so bad for Palm Spings. God help the patients that go there.
"We're sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern." Is a disgusting cop out. The state, the government, somebody needs to stop this. Its a terrible shame.
Pros
Promised bonuses
Cons
Bonuses never paid becausr when you get close, the find a way not to pay you. Management's cruel joke
March 2, 2019

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with leadership.

Overall, the whole hospital need a new space for patients,visitors and employees
Transfusion Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 21, 2019
It is an Ok Place to work but it needed a lot of improvement in all areas of the hospital. Need to implement more updated things to provide better patient care and critically need more space.
February 22, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. We will share this with hospital leadership.

10 hour shifts 5 days a week in the power plant.
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Because of lack of knowledge with facilities management, the hospital has slipped into disrepair in many areas around the hospital. maintenance personnel are under trained and show a lack of interest in doing theirs jobs properly.
February 21, 2019

Good place to work. fun at times because of a good staff
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Desert regional being located in Palm Springs drew patients from all over the lower desert to the border area and it kept staff very busy learning from physician expertise was always possible because the nature of the cases received. staff worked well and supported each other. management was fair and equally supportive.
Cons
Distance from home was 1 hr drive each way but it was worth it
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear you were happy in your role.

Working on a busy floor
Medical-Surgical/Telemetry Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 18, 2019
This hospital is an extremely busy hospital and accepts every type of patient. With that being said you should expect that your shifts will always be busy ones. At this point in time, it just hired travelers and is not understaffed. I travel far to come to work. The main reason I endure the commute is my coworkers. I work nights and we're like a big work family. This place definitely makes your grow as a nurse and you have to be proactive in growing your skills. I think new changes have currently been implemented that will increase work and patient satisfaction.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Distance for me
January 19, 2019

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Desert Regional Medical Center! We appreciate your review.

Staff is great
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Hard to get Management to acknowledge getting training. Staff is great but Management is not. If you work at night time dont expect to get training or have advancements
Pros
staff is great
Cons
management lacks skill and drive
January 19, 2019

Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate the feedback and will share with management ASAP.

Understaffed and unappreciative
Nurses Aide - Transport (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 29, 2018
The job position requires transportation of patients from unit to another which involves a lot of pushing and pulling of patient beds throughout the hospital. The position also involves transferring patients from and to beds. One thing I did learn from this experience is that back injuries are most common in the patient care field and that the hospital I worked in is typically understaffed in nurses and transport aides. This made me have to manage many obstacles involving patient transfer throughout the hospital. I came into the position with a smile on my face and a goal to progress in the medical field and after a few months of being told to wipe the smile of my face I decided that the workploace culture of this hospital tends to be negative.
October 30, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with hospital leadership.

New Management
Registered Nurse - Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 18, 2018
Not aware of new management, old management hired and promoted friends and family. the current employees at the time were demoralized. Tenet's reorganizations staff were not competent in how to run a department.
Fun working with the staff except the patient ration for CNA is to much
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 24, 2018
They should reduced the CNA patient ratio to promote quality care for patient. better security out side in parking lot at night. Their are some nights that homeless people walking around the lot.
September 25, 2018

Awesome People
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 3, 2018
Hard working conscientious staff. Enjoyed working there but I was on night shift and we had several changes in management in my short time there. Hope to return one day.
September 4, 2018

Thanks for the positive review. We're glad you were so happy in your role.

Good
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 31, 2018
Good place to work for. Offers competitive compensation and benefits. For the times I have worked for this company, I was treated fairly and with the bonus of having a union is a plus
September 1, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

All office equipment are so old and oudated.
Coder I (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 31, 2018
Typical day is very boring. I learned to code OP. Management is on cruise control and favoritism toward older employee. Workplace culture very boring and not a fun place to be.
Pros
They give free t-shirt and meals.
September 1, 2018

Stressful
CLS (Clinical Laboratory Scientist); ASCP SC (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 23, 2018
Working to meet patient needs, doctors and nursing requesting test results continually. Lab leadership did not listen to observations about purchasing proper equipment. Leadership was swayed by what companies said.
Pros
The people in the lab and other departments.
Cons
Lab leadership or lack there of.
August 24, 2018

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership immediately.

Gme
Residency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 14, 2018
Overall, this position is very satisfying, the residents are great to work with and my Program Director is easy to talk with. Sadly, the GME management is lacking support and leadership skills, which makes it difficult as they are the one I must report directly.
August 15, 2018

So much have changed. A very stressful environment
Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 3, 2018
Would to try a better place of work. Management has changed and we are all so lost. Unapproachable managemt. A balanced at work would be very much appreciated. They hired so much travelers because they got rid of a lot of people and now the travelers mistakes are all our mistakes too
August 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success. As we are always looking to improve as both a company and employer, we recommend open communication with your direct manager.

Helpful co-workers, good learning environment
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 20, 2018
Co-workers were very helpful and collaborative.
Management needs improving.
Beneficial to entry-level employees because they are willing to hire entry-level coders and willing to train them, which is exceptional.
July 21, 2018

Thanks for the positive review. We're glad you were so happy in your role.

Great People
Business Systems Analysis Advisor NTT Data (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 13, 2018
The people at DRMC make it a great place to work. Patient care is the primary focus and it is reflected in the decisions taken. There is never a boring day at Desert.
July 14, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate the feedback!

Benefits are decent, fellow peers are fun to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 9, 2018
I have worked for this organization a long time, mostly because of the medical benefits, my peers and other hospital professionals that continue to make patient care top priority.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of leadership guidance, positive feedback, motivation and incentives to improve productivity, limited resources in order to provide better patient care.
Pros
benefits, wages
Cons
lack of leadership, no continuing ed. reimbursement, no incentives to work weekends or holidays
July 11, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with leadership but encourage you to discuss your concerns with your manager.

Therapy department
Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 27, 2018
You hardly get appreciated for what you do. Work environment is not ethical. Huge management system just looks at numbers and revenues. You will feel like you are just an ant working for the invisible queen. I am not recommending working here.
June 29, 2018

Very fast pace and enjoyable
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 23, 2018
Doing my externship with this company benefited me in so many ways. I got to put my skills to work and do injections and vitals I learned great costomer service skills interacting with the pts.
June 25, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location