Desert Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Upper management Issues
Peri-operative Material Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 3, 2018
Management is withdrawn from staff decisions made for the departments and facility were made and executed without regard to staff at the end of my tenure.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and doctors
Cons
Too much to do with too little to do it with for everyone from CEO down.
May 4, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Desert Regional Medical Center's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Lovely place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 23, 2018
Great work/life balance, great benefits and pay. I look forward to going to work each and every day. There is great teamwork and support from management.
Pros
teamwork, support system, management
Cons
high population of homeless and drug addicts abusing the system.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Desert Regional Medical Center! We appreciate your review.

Comprehensive Cancer Center has the worst management
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 19, 2018
Loved the doctors and the teams I worked with. Management sucked. Nobody knew how to do my specific job (even though there was always 4 other schedulers) for my doctors so every time I had a day off, I always came back to a mess. When I gave my notice, management started to tell people (other managers which eventually led to other employees) lies about the reason why I was leaving. I would never recommend anyone working for the Cancer Center. The center is very understaffed and not enough training to all employees. I basically had to teach myself how to do the job when I first started. Get in trouble even if you were a minute late to clock out for lunch or then end of the day, due to patient care. Management is not approachable! Was employed at DRMC for 18 months and even though I always got a good review, NEVER received a pay raise. My yearly review was done in January, however my raise would not be until April :( Way underpaid for all the work done.
Cons
management
April 21, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Productive and fun place to work! Overtime always available.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 13, 2018
I worked floatpool at Desert Regional and loved it! Family oriented. Overtime always available. The majority of staff are very friendly and helpful. So much diversity too! I miss working there. My cna wasnt renewed on time so HR let me go. HR wasn't helpful at all. Very rude too.
Pros
Discounts. overtime.
Cons
Human resources are NOT helpful. Very rude to their own employees
April 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success.

Professional and very busy
Versant Administer/Manager - Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 11, 2018
Enjoyed working in the NICU and scheduling the new Versant nurses as they came thru the Versant program along with the Administration. Very active area and comfortable.
Pros
Extremely busy area and time passed quickly.
Cons
Sad to see so many sick babies and mothers.
April 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! At Desert Regional, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Very busy days
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 26, 2018
Every day was something new. You just don't know what the day has in store for you. Very busy place and poor management. Management does not know how the surgery department runs and they just go by what nurses tell them.
Pros
Day goes by fast
Cons
Managment is unfair
March 27, 2018

We’re are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. This will be shared with leadership immediately.

Good
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 19, 2018
Worked with new employees in orientation. Assisted all staff in tuition reimbursement process. Met with education leaders and Directors in organizing online education assignments.
March 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional Medical Center's success.

General Review
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 15, 2018
High turn-over in directors & leadership. Most everyone there, excluding a small portion have amenable personalities, can go with the flow, are professional and polite, but as with every large employer there are a few bad apples who feed into the political bias & backroom gossip... If you're in an essential role & not subject to budgetary cuts, your job should be safe as long as you preform at expected levels & you'll likely have the job for as long as you wish.
Pros
Discounts in the cafeteria & auxiliary store, additionally a variation of guest vendors come to sell quality goods from time to time, the hospital also participates in many community events.
Cons
Turnover in leadership, inability to get rid of bad seeds due to their essential role or nursing union, lack of presence of leadership amongst lower-level staff.
March 18, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success.

The CCC Management is horrible and the work ethic is poor.
Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Comprehensive Cancer CenterMarch 12, 2018
Nurse Managers/ Management thrive in favoritism and lack professionalism for both staff and patients. Everyone is out to get you and there is a lack of team effort. The work load to staff ratio is completely off. The Doctors are amazing and caring people, but everyone else is out to get each other. Charge Nurses and Managers and their favorite employees, thrive on gossip and make for a hostile environment. There is a lack of empathy and team work among all the center. As far as work-life balance, it doesn’t exist. The place is under staffed and vacations are always denied due to staffing. Overall, the place looked promising but once in, the reality is another.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Management and Vacation/PTO
March 13, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Desert Regional Medical Center's management. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Great facility. Poor admin/management
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, Ca.March 10, 2018
Great facility and staff. However, poor administration and management create a stressful environment. Great benefits. Great hours. Only 4 sick days allowed in a rolling calendar year.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Limited sick days allowed. Poor management.
March 12, 2018

Great place
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Desert Regional Medical Center was a good place to work. Working for any medical office it does require fast pace and patience. I learned that people will be people just keep calm in every situation. I have learned not to take things personally. Patients will get upset with you because of their situation, finances, health insurance, but just know not to take it to heart.
Pros
Lunch hours
Cons
salary
February 27, 2018

Thank you for the review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional Medical Center.

CNA/Nursing Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I recommend Desert Regional Medical center for anyone who likes a fast paced environment. There are always places to advance and grow when working at DRMC. Lots of continuing education options available.
February 1, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback! At Desert Regional Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

They could pay their non-union employees a little more better.
Other (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Great place at times. All employees deserve the same benefits and treatment. The people behind the scenes do not get recognized like they should. More focused on keeping the nurses happy.
Pros
Some staff members great to work
Cons
Pay is not fair
January 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the pay offered. We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Labor and Delivery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 27, 2017
I loved working at DRMC. The culture among the nurses was positive and helpful. Managers come to help when there are staffing issues. 48 hr required per week and that is a little more than I want to do in a hospital setting. It can be quite stressful
Pros
Excellent work enviornment/culture
Cons
requires more hours than I need
December 28, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional Medical Center's success.

Caring place to work.
Driver. (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 21, 2017
After chemotherapy, patients are transfer to recuperating room. They look tired and just want to rest. We volunteers, will replace clean linen, make bad, and assist with refreshments and food.The register nurses are caring and constantly, closely, observe each of patients. It is emotional and stressful work.
DB
December 23, 2017

Thank you for your review! At Desert Regional Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Desert Regional Medical Center
Clinical Operational Representative (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 17, 2017
I love my job and the people I work with, we do work as a team but I need more hours and or pay . I am a single mother as to why I take my job and opportunities that come through very seriously,
Thank You for your time and consideration.
Pros
I love my Job
Cons
Not enough hours
November 21, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional Medical Center's success.

surgery
Permanent Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 29, 2017
Desert Regional Surgery is a very fast paced trauma facility. I work in an ever changing department, which makes it a pleasure to come to work every day.
Pros
good pay
October 30, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! At Desert Regional Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Loved the pt.'s, but the Clinical Nursing Director is a micro-manager and not a pleasant person to work under.
RN (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 17, 2017
Attending the physician in the exam room with the pt.'s, obtaining authorizations for treatment and medications, filling prescriptions and telephone triaging. I learned a lot about the disease process and a lot about chemotherapies/biotherapies. Management was poor. The hardest part of the job was when we would lose our pt.'s. Because the pt.'s were outpatient they would come in weekly/every two weeks/three weeks, so you really get to know them and build a bond. This was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
The physicians are all amazing, the pt.'s, free lunches and dinners.
Cons
Nursing clinical director.
October 18, 2017

I was a student but love it
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 14, 2017
I believe at DRMC the medical teams care about the patients and the staff they work with. It is very rewarding being a part of a diagnosis that starts the healing process for patients. The team is great and so is the pay and benefits.
Pros
Great team
Cons
sometimes its overwhelming in health care
October 15, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success.

travelling
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 6, 2017
patient care is moderate and place is not well managed as per guidelines. Lot of new things without training come up. patient care enforced without equipment.
October 8, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We will address this with hospital leadership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location