Desert Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Understaffed and unappreciative
Nurses Aide - Transport (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 29, 2018
The job position requires transportation of patients from unit to another which involves a lot of pushing and pulling of patient beds throughout the hospital. The position also involves transferring patients from and to beds. One thing I did learn from this experience is that back injuries are most common in the patient care field and that the hospital I worked in is typically understaffed in nurses and transport aides. This made me have to manage many obstacles involving patient transfer throughout the hospital. I came into the position with a smile on my face and a goal to progress in the medical field and after a few months of being told to wipe the smile of my face I decided that the workploace culture of this hospital tends to be negative.
October 30, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with hospital leadership.

Fun working with the staff except the patient ration for CNA is to much
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 24, 2018
They should reduced the CNA patient ratio to promote quality care for patient. better security out side in parking lot at night. Their are some nights that homeless people walking around the lot.
September 25, 2018

Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate the feedback and will share with management ASAP.

Awesome People
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 3, 2018
Hard working conscientious staff. Enjoyed working there but I was on night shift and we had several changes in management in my short time there. Hope to return one day.
September 4, 2018

Thanks for the positive review. We're glad you were so happy in your role.

Good
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 31, 2018
Good place to work for. Offers competitive compensation and benefits. For the times I have worked for this company, I was treated fairly and with the bonus of having a union is a plus
September 1, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

All office equipment are so old and oudated.
Coder I (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 31, 2018
Typical day is very boring. I learned to code OP. Management is on cruise control and favoritism toward older employee. Workplace culture very boring and not a fun place to be.
Pros
They give free t-shirt and meals.
September 1, 2018

Stressful
CLS (Clinical Laboratory Scientist); ASCP SC (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 23, 2018
Working to meet patient needs, doctors and nursing requesting test results continually. Lab leadership did not listen to observations about purchasing proper equipment. Leadership was swayed by what companies said.
Pros
The people in the lab and other departments.
Cons
Lab leadership or lack there of.
August 24, 2018

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership immediately.

Gme
Residency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 14, 2018
Overall, this position is very satisfying, the residents are great to work with and my Program Director is easy to talk with. Sadly, the GME management is lacking support and leadership skills, which makes it difficult as they are the one I must report directly.
August 15, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with leadership.

So much have changed. A very stressful environment
Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 3, 2018
Would to try a better place of work. Management has changed and we are all so lost. Unapproachable managemt. A balanced at work would be very much appreciated. They hired so much travelers because they got rid of a lot of people and now the travelers mistakes are all our mistakes too
August 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success. As we are always looking to improve as both a company and employer, we recommend open communication with your direct manager.

Helpful co-workers, good learning environment
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 20, 2018
Co-workers were very helpful and collaborative.
Management needs improving.
Beneficial to entry-level employees because they are willing to hire entry-level coders and willing to train them, which is exceptional.
July 21, 2018

Thanks for the positive review. We're glad you were so happy in your role.

Great People
Business Systems Analysis Advisor NTT Data (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 13, 2018
The people at DRMC make it a great place to work. Patient care is the primary focus and it is reflected in the decisions taken. There is never a boring day at Desert.
July 14, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate the feedback!

Benefits are decent, fellow peers are fun to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 9, 2018
I have worked for this organization a long time, mostly because of the medical benefits, my peers and other hospital professionals that continue to make patient care top priority.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of leadership guidance, positive feedback, motivation and incentives to improve productivity, limited resources in order to provide better patient care.
Pros
benefits, wages
Cons
lack of leadership, no continuing ed. reimbursement, no incentives to work weekends or holidays
July 11, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will share this with leadership but encourage you to discuss your concerns with your manager.

Therapy department
Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 27, 2018
You hardly get appreciated for what you do. Work environment is not ethical. Huge management system just looks at numbers and revenues. You will feel like you are just an ant working for the invisible queen. I am not recommending working here.
June 29, 2018

Very fast pace and enjoyable
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 23, 2018
Doing my externship with this company benefited me in so many ways. I got to put my skills to work and do injections and vitals I learned great costomer service skills interacting with the pts.
June 25, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Great place of growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 18, 2018
Wonderful place to learn and grow. Company is growing and making great strides in healthcare. Community involvement is second to non and compassion of leaders and staff is commendable.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
June 20, 2018

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

productive and fun work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 9, 2018
Even though our jobs require constant attention and full involvement for patient care, the people you work with are always there to lend a hand in any way you need
May 11, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. At Desert Regional Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Upper management Issues
Peri-operative Material Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 3, 2018
Management is withdrawn from staff decisions made for the departments and facility were made and executed without regard to staff at the end of my tenure.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and doctors
Cons
Too much to do with too little to do it with for everyone from CEO down.
May 4, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Desert Regional Medical Center's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Lovely place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 23, 2018
Great work/life balance, great benefits and pay. I look forward to going to work each and every day. There is great teamwork and support from management.
Pros
teamwork, support system, management
Cons
high population of homeless and drug addicts abusing the system.
April 25, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Desert Regional Medical Center! We appreciate your review.

Productive and fun place to work! Overtime always available.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 13, 2018
I worked floatpool at Desert Regional and loved it! Family oriented. Overtime always available. The majority of staff are very friendly and helpful. So much diversity too! I miss working there. My cna wasnt renewed on time so HR let me go. HR wasn't helpful at all. Very rude too.
Pros
Discounts. overtime.
Cons
Human resources are NOT helpful. Very rude to their own employees
April 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Desert Regional's success.

Professional and very busy
Versant Administer/Manager - Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 11, 2018
Enjoyed working in the NICU and scheduling the new Versant nurses as they came thru the Versant program along with the Administration. Very active area and comfortable.
Pros
Extremely busy area and time passed quickly.
Cons
Sad to see so many sick babies and mothers.
April 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! At Desert Regional, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Very busy days
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 26, 2018
Every day was something new. You just don't know what the day has in store for you. Very busy place and poor management. Management does not know how the surgery department runs and they just go by what nurses tell them.
Pros
Day goes by fast
Cons
Managment is unfair
March 27, 2018

We’re are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. This will be shared with leadership immediately.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location