Desert Research Institute Employee Review

View all Desert Research Institute reviews

Great scientific research occurs at the Institute and I was honored to be a part of it.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 24, 2013
Air sampling was completed in the field. I was to change out the filters of the automated air sampling machine. I was then to carefully document anything regarding the filters appearance, then package the filter for shipping back to the Research Institute.
I enjoyed working out in the field and learned much of air sampling analysis and data recording.

Other Desert Research Institute Employee Reviews

From the perspective of an undergrad
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2017
DRI is a great place to gain experience if you are an undergraduate student and your work there could very well turn into a career if you play your cards right.
Pros
relaxed environment, flexible hours
Nice people, mostly, but stressful work.
Hourly Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 7, 2017
Most of the people encountered are wonderful people who are very helpful. The work is highly stressful, and leaves very little room for errors. A typical day includes a lot of repetitive work. No matter what the task, whether it is weighing filters, loading analyzers, entering data, it's all the same thing over and over for a long amount of time and mistakes are fixable but they should be avoided all the time. In some cases it seemed like there was only one way to do things, and if they were done even slightly differently it would become a big deal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Research Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Research Institute Reviews by Location