Desert Research Institute Employee Review

View all Desert Research Institute reviews

Ability to plan and carry out assignments effectively
Facilities Building Maintainer III (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2012
I enjoyed the daily meetings with my co-workers, listened to their imput on projects, everyday maintenance performance to assess situations and handle difficult and sensitive issues effectively, and building strategic working relationships by communicating information and ideas in these meetings. I learned how to make effective decisions dealing with problems, new challenges and change. The most enjoyable part of the job was the comfort of being a team player with different crafted professionals, who had different ideas to share, to represent DRI professionally with regular and consistent teamwork. The hardest part of the job was that I could not utilize my expertise in purchasing and operating budgets to save the Company thousands of dollars a year more, because of established vendors. I have always enjoyed running a tight ship to effectively and efficiently run a project or a business at the lowest cost possible. I enjoyed getting more product for the company's money when I could. Overall the experience was fantastic. I really enjoyed working with all the staff members and my supervisor.
Pros
during monthly safety meetings, the company provided catered meals.
Cons
we as employees had to take 12 yearly furlough days unpaid.

Other Desert Research Institute Employee Reviews

From the perspective of an undergrad
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2017
DRI is a great place to gain experience if you are an undergraduate student and your work there could very well turn into a career if you play your cards right.
Pros
relaxed environment, flexible hours
Nice people, mostly, but stressful work.
Hourly Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 7, 2017
Most of the people encountered are wonderful people who are very helpful. The work is highly stressful, and leaves very little room for errors. A typical day includes a lot of repetitive work. No matter what the task, whether it is weighing filters, loading analyzers, entering data, it's all the same thing over and over for a long amount of time and mistakes are fixable but they should be avoided all the time. In some cases it seemed like there was only one way to do things, and if they were done even slightly differently it would become a big deal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Research Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Research Institute Reviews by Location