Desert Springs Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Desert Springs was a wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Representative/ Patient Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
My shift was 5:30 to 2:00. I ensured that the patients were registered and to their designated rooms and departments for surgeries and procedures. Desert Springs has excellent heart doctors and emergency doctors. The staff at DSH are always professional, courteous and caring. Many lives have been saved at DSH. ,14 years of service with DSH
New management was an issue.
Pros
Friendly, caring employees.
Cons
Unpredictable situations.
good team
training (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
a typical work day includes the staff conversing and interchanging thoughts on their day and their patients. they also do a good job in sharing their opinions
Tough environment but rewarding
Registered Nurse Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2018
The company offered tuition reimbursement and was affiliated with Grand Canyon University where I was to attend online graduate classes and obtain two Master's while working.
Exciting and Caring
Housekeeping EVS (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2018
Somewhat Stressful days of work.
Learning proper individual care.
Good Management
Sad and depressing work environment
Cleaning up after patients
Helping others
terrible hospital
Cota (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2018
I have worked as an OT for 20 years and this place has good benefits however the facility suffers from micromanagement and does not support its employees let alone listen to them. I begged and begged for CNA coverage to help care for the Pt's and repeadlyl was told no for almost 3 years unitil I said no more and left. This is a hospital for pete's sakes Pathetic.
Pros
Cons
management
Desert Springs
Emergency Department Registrar (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2018
Desert Springs has a great hospital staff full of caring individuals. It has been many years since I worked there, but the care that the patient's receive is wonderful.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Management Team
Great Team Work
Admitting Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2018
Everyday the department heads met to discuss the daily operation of the hospital to ensure our patient were taken care of also to discuss any issues that may have accrued of the night.

By meeting together everyday we all learned what our needs were to ensure we strived for the same goal and that was the patient experience.

Once we understood each other challenges we were able to work together on solving any issue to ensure we were meeting our patients, doctors and staff needs for a safe environment.

The best part is that when we did have an issue/challenge we work together to solve it no more pointing fingers who job was it to fix it.

I love Desert Springs Hospital and I would have retired from their if I did not move back to El Paso, Tx.
Pros
Lots of fun activity for the whole staff
Cons
No Xmas Party for the staff
fast paced
CNA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2018
i worked at a geropsych unit it and it was a locked unit our morning consisted of knowing our patients locations and we would only have 5 patients. it was a fun work place we got to spend alot of time with out patients including fun activities with them. hardest part of job was some of them would some times get really violent and those patients would hit us.
Pros
we would get to do fun activites with patients
Cons
some times patients would hit the staff
Desert Springs Hospital, wasn't so bad to be employed with until they lost the union for nurses; With no union, unfair practices are a reality
Registered Nurse, Full - Time (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 28, 2017
A typical work day on Med-Surg was busy

One can learn how to incorporate a lot of tasks in a 12 hr. workday

Management is non-caring and distant

The workplace culture was warm and friendly

The hardest part of the job is treating this particular patient population

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendliness of Non-Nursing Staff
Pros
The ways that the schedule is generated
Cons
No Union = No job security
nursing
Psych Travel, Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2017
nursing Process and critical thinking. assess and treated patients in a psychiatric environment of voluntary and involuntarily committed patients on psychotropics.
I would love to work here again.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2017
I am a travel RN with 13 weeks contract. I requested the agency that sponsored me to extend my contract because I liked the working environment here. My coworkers were friendly and managers were very supportive.
nothing to say at this time
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2017
My Unit Secretary position was eliminated. During the time I worked there, I was about 50% Happy. It was very Busy most of the time and at times you could not get good team work.
It was fast-paced and exciting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2017
The medical field is ever-changing. I enjoyed the many "hats" I had to wear. I never knew what was going to greet me when I arriver every morning..
Pros
Exciting and pleasant
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2017
Over all I felt this was a great place to work. The hardest part of the job was working with time demands. Being required to perform alot of tasks in a very short period of time.
benefits
Cons
time demands
Great family environment
Management (Current Employee) –  ManagementSeptember 19, 2017
DSH has a strong culture of teamwork and family. There is a nice mix of new grad employees, experienced staff and many members of the team that have been there 20+ years. DSH is definitely not the fanciest hospital but it has the best culture of teamwork and respect at all levels of the organization.
Pros
Family environment and great culture
Cons
Not a new shiny penny
ICU id diverse and offers many different types of patients
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
ICU/CCU/MICU staff were supportive. Advancement to Open Heart Recovery available. Pay is completive and Co- workers are supportive. Ancillary staff are reliable and competent.
I enjoyed working there.
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
what i can say about desert springs hospital is that i had a great time working there love the employees the job i was doing. i've learn so much there and met alot of great people. Only bad thing about it there is that i think they just over higher thats the reason i left because my hours were getting cut. Other then that i liked it there.
fairly good place to work
Relief Charge RN/Floor RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2017
fairly good place to work, work/life balance is good (12/hour shfts) usually fixed. Cafeteria is open to all three shifts Non smoking facility Gift shop has a fairlt good variety of merchandise, on site pharmacy
Pros
work/life balance (12 hour shifts) benefits
Cons
difficulty with internal transfers
Fast paced family enviroment with great management
RN (Former Employee) –  NevadaJuly 25, 2017
I worked at Desert Springs Hospital for almost 10years. 8 of those years were in the ER It was a team approach where I learned a lot about cardiac and strokes. I continued my leadership goals as relief charge nurse From there I transferred to PACU and learned a whole new world of nursing. Advanced my skills and worked with a great team of nurses and physicians
Very outstanding company to work for
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2017
Always busy, lots of work, learned to have a lot of pasients with others. Management is always a great help. theirs lots of different cultures no one should feel out of place. The most hardest part on the job is keeping timing steady. The most enjoyable part is working with lots of lovely people .