Deshazo Employee Reviews

Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 8, 2019
It is a good place to work but it is no balance with your family and life that’s all you do is work And rushed on jobs and can be better you have no time for your kids this job will make your spouse a single parent when I say good place that means the people. 64 hours a week and they say family careing company no way not even a family day ones a year
Most unethical company I have ever worked for.
Electrical / Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Charelston, SCDecember 21, 2018
This company is all about selling their customers spare parts and services they don't need. Management will just use you until you are of no further use to them. Upon my separation from the company, I was denied my accrued vacation time that I did not take during the year. When I was originally hired, I was warned by two prior employees to watch your back with this company. After seeing things first hand during my employment, their concerns are 100% founded.
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
Unethical upper management
It’s not the worst place I’ve worked
Welder (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 17, 2018
Incompetent workers get over looked because there’s so much mismanagement they really don’t have a handle on how long things actually take to build.
Some workers are unsafe and no one says anything about it.
If your a friend or a family member of anyone in management you are treated differently.
Time is overly mismanaged because of all the unnecessary overtime you work. Sometimes the over time is needed. There are times though when it’s slow you still have to work 60 hours a week 6 days a week for no reason. I have literally been told to go hide because I asked to go home after the job I had done was completed. So instead of going home I just sat in my car for an hour and a half and then came back in and clocked out for the day. That happens a lot. I don’t see how or why the Mitchell’s allow that kind of work environment because they are paying there employees to do nothing as well as wasting there employees time when they could be with their family. This is the reason why I think this place needs a union because they obviously don’t pay attention to there money they are paying out because they don’t have to because they pay a low wage.
Pros
It’s relaxed
Great way to learn about the automation industry
Co-op Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJuly 23, 2018
As a co-op, you are given the opportunity to do as much or as little as you would like when it comes to projects. You can design an HMI, program a PLC, learn to program automation robots, work with cranes, and develop a vision software. The possibilities are endless, you just need to know how to take action and ask for help when needed.
Management is terible
Welder (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 8, 2017
They cater to lazy incompentant workers and run the good workers in the ground. The whole company from supervisors to the vice President lie and make promises that they never keep and your family life doesnt matter at all to them
Lack of Truthfullness from the General Manager
OPERATIONS SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2016
General Manager for the North was not open and honest and misled the intentions of the company during my tenure. Portrayal of the job position I was hired in to perform was not what the real job environment.
Great place to work. Much support. Good balance of work/life
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2015
DeShazo Group is a small consulting firm in downtown Dallas. It's a great place to work with others. Very supportive environment. Great owner.