Designer Brands Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,650 reviews matching the search See all 2,156 reviews
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTSeptember 18, 2019
DSW is a great place to work. I have a great store manager and I like all of my coworkers. My managers really try to create a fun work environment. You get a raise every year, and the company occasionally does raffles/competitions to win fun prizes. the only thing I don't like is the discount/ not being able to use coupons. Its 30% but I think it could be higher. We also can't use the discount on top of clearance items.
Pros
management, environment, coworkers
Cons
discount
Great experience
Fashion Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2019
The environment wasn’t the best but I still enjoyed my time creating patterns. One of my garments were on a website, so I got the best out of working with the team. Everyone was nice and the energy was normal.
Great place - in right department
Associate Online Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2019
Overall, DSW is a fun, great place to work! But you need to be sure you are in the right department under the right management team. Some managers will work you like dogs, while others are much more friendly to an overall life balance.
Pros
Tight knit
Cons
Typical corporate
Awesome first job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCSeptember 9, 2019
I love this job so much. But there are times where you feel too stressed. People are awesome in general but can never take a shift yet always ask you to take shift 24/7. Managers are amazing.
Pros
Managers are great, always something to do there, discounts
Cons
Can’t use coupons you get in the mail, longest break you’ll get is 30 minutes or a 15, always call you to take peoples shift, pay is ok but not the best.
Used to Be Better
Sales Associate and Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 8, 2019
Was once a great place to work until management changed. They don't really care about you as a person anymore and company expectations are completely impossible to meet no matter how hard you try.
Stay away!!!
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 2, 2019
Associates are typically treated well, but management is overworked, underpaid, held to positively absurd standards, and the work-life balance is a joke.
Great place to gain experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 27, 2019
As my first Job experience, I acquired a lot of knowledge in the company. It was challenging but the more training I received the better I became. I really enjoyed every seconds I spent.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (P/T) (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJAugust 19, 2019
It's retail so you never know what's going to walk through the door, but you definitely get out what you put in. Don't expect to stand around and do nothing as there is always something to do.
Fast paced retail job
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 12, 2019
Can be fun place to work with right crew, fast paced and a need to think as you go to keep on top of things. Different levels of management so you can come and grow into new roles.
Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 11, 2019
It was ok. You don’t get to advance very much in the company and they make you close at least 2 nights a week. It is an ok company to work for if you don’t want to advance
not worth it
customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 11, 2019
very bad place to be there, bylling is real there, brainwash is there as well, management is a so bad to you and very good to themselfs, you have been treated as a slave in DSW EVERY DAY
Pros
discount 30 % off only
Cons
salary, paid time of, schedule, rudness, lies
Okay first Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 5, 2019
This is an okay first job if you need something to put on your resume but this is not a career job management picks favorites on who gets the most hours the company doesn't listen to its employees the benefit sucks which sucks and the company is constantly changing its rules in regards to employees. balance is just terrible they don't care about your outside lifelifandexpect you to put DSW first alway
This DSW in Northridge location is a joke.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 4, 2019
Do yourself a favor and just don’t apply there. On your first day they will give you an iPad and send you to the break room where you will train your ownself for 4 hours straight and the next day you are thrown on the floor with no knowledge of anything but locating a shoe box. No info on signing people up for rewards, no cash register, NOTHING. Managers expect you to do everything while they stand there and stare at you from far when you ask for help on the walkie. Basically its a stressful job because you have to bend a lot and walk around the store 400 times to put away a shoe box. This job isnt gonna pay your bills trust me. Find a BETTER job than this.
Fast-paced work environment with great team
Sales Associate / Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 1, 2019
Friendly associates are the best part about working here. You are to embrace different aspects of the job, whether it be cashiering, customer service, or warehouse duties with help and training from management.
No life/work balance
Full Time Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 23, 2019
There is no life/work balance. They take advantage of managers at all levels. At one point a store manager was forced out of her berievement leave because other stores needed coverage after the company fired a bunch of people.
Decent side job
DSW Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2019
Typical retail work not overly demanding

Room for advancement in big stores.

Hours usually available if you want them

Great for students or young people in general
Good coworkers, sales oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 19, 2019
Chill place to work. One think that bothers me however is that the company seems more focused on sales then on customer service. I found myself pushing the rewards program on people who probably would have been happier if I simply rung up their purchase and wished them a happy day. Coworkers are great and solid management.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 11, 2019
Loved working in a shoe store, Managers were great as well as the staff. Alot of moving around shoes but they always made it fun. Discounts on the shoes was great!
Fun place to work! Great discounts and perks!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TX 77584July 11, 2019
Helping customers throughout the day made the job enjoyable. The hardest part was cleaning up the messes that customers made. The most enjoyable part was working with great people and meeting people.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 10, 2019
The management sucked and too many people in charge. The guy to open the door was late a lot and no you didn't get paid for it, if he was late. The store I worked at wasn't always organized. There is so much more stuff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Designer Brands Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.