DESOTO ATHLETIC CLUB Employee Reviews

2.3Pay & Benefits
Good Place to Learn the Industry
Non-Disclosed (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 18, 2018
Great place to get acquainted with the fitness industry. Management is passionate about their people and the industry. Every day is fun if you're a people person. Now, the trainers do not get paid well. There is an opportunity to make a living as a trainer, but be prepared to be there at 5am and work until 8pm every night. Granted, that might be the case regardless of where you are a trained.
a fun-filled experience dealing with children
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 9, 2016
Taking care or children at Desoto Athletic Club, I gained a lot of knowledge dealing with all ages. I scheduled beneficial activities for the groups to participate in. My coworkers including management were very helpful with equal amount of work assigned. I enjoyed watching the children progress with behavior and personalities, and seeing a positive outcome.
Pros
experience with children, other gym opportunities
Cons
n/a
fun and productive workplace with the opportunity to workout and exercise daily
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 26, 2015
During this job I tackled all types of maintenance challenges from painting, repairing drywall, ballast and light fixtures, pool maintenance, truck driving and recycling, perimeter cleanup, gym equipment maintenance, and overall maintenance and care of 3 large fitness facilities.
Pros
I was able to workout and exercise on a daily basis, good atmosphere and ability to travel to several locations.
Cons
Wasn't too crazy about the benefit package and sometimes found the employees to be not so friendly.
Working for DAC was really fun! The atmosphere is laid back and the people are great!
Housekeeping where (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 27, 2014
My experience working for DAC was great. The atmosphere is fun and upbeat, and everyone is laid back.