Destination Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Decent entry level job
Event Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 16, 2018
Not an ideal place to work in my experience, considering that the lower management quit and was not replaced in my last six months of working. All in all a decent job, there is great experience here for problem solving considering there is a new crisis every day.
Fun workplacfe
Recreation Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2018
It was fun to work with my fellow co-workers. However, the job required too much for the little pay that was being offered. Good job for highschoolers
overall good working conditions
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 1, 2018
it was a part time job to help make ends meet at a time when I was trying to get a small business off the ground. very difficult standing in one spot most of the day. it caused pain in feet and lower back.
Pros
free food
Cons
standing in same spot on cement floor most of the day
Great place to learn
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2018
I got a wonderful opportunity to learn and advance further in my career. I worked under a great management and were very supportive. I got a chance to meet many wonderful people as the hotel consisted of different departments.
Free food in the cafeteria
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job were the fellow employees I got to build relationships with. I also went through an $80 million renovation on all food and beverage outlets which was a new experience.
Pros
good benefits
Horrible Managament
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cle Elum, WAJanuary 30, 2018
Working here, you have to be prepared to be overworked and under appreciated. Not only are you expected to take on the roll of the managers duties, you'll, you'll also be told to do more. All for minimum pay, no benefits or sick/vacation time. Management does not care about you or your life, they care that you're a body standing there doing a job.
Pros
Other employees, beautiful view
Cons
No breaks, poor management
productive and fun
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, WAJanuary 17, 2018
working with destination hotels was a great experience for me it opened my eyes and showed me what a working system was.i can definitely say it made things better.
Pros
free lunch, good hours, benifits
Cons
only one break a day
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Services to Sales to Rental Management (Current Employee) –  Stowe, VTJanuary 13, 2018
There is no such thing as a typical day, administrative responsibilities are consistent on a monthly basis, but the daily responsibilities diversifies drastically making it every day an opportunity to learn. I have been immersed in the luxury hospitality world under great leadership.
benefits
Cons
work/life balance
Great Place to work!
Event and Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Isle of Palms, SCJanuary 11, 2018
A great place to work! They care about their employees and making sure that they are happy to provide better guest service to guests. They allow you to grow within the company to new positions.
Excellent compensation
Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2018
This company is more than fair in compensating its banquets staff. Monetary compensation is far above average. The 401k match is a rarity in today's marketplace.
Pros
Free food, autonomy, 401k match, flexible schedule
Cons
Some organizational issues.
A great seasonal job
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Vail, CODecember 19, 2017
Very accommodating during the winter months so everyone has time to get out and ski. They understand the want to enjoy all the area has to offer. They take a personal approach to get to know everyone. Small place so it gives a family like effect.
Pros
Plenty of time to enjoy the area
Cons
Seasonal work get no benefits
Very stressful
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Cle Elum, WADecember 12, 2017
Long hours. Staffing challenges were such that each department was consistently under minimum. Upper management was not concerned with real world issues.
Pros
Beautiful area.
Cons
No work life balance
A great year round resort
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 3, 2017
Good work environment and offered challenges for all employee to enhance their careers. Seasonality made employee base a challenge. Company was great to work for and encouraged growth within the company
Stressful/Lack of leadership
Area Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 10, 2017
Leadership lacking in all departments. No direction or focus. Long term strategy was non existent. Culture became millennialistic and unstable. Never knew what direction the company was going in. Unfortunate and short sighted.
Energizing place to work
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Isle of Palms, SCSeptember 13, 2017
I always leave the job feeling like I had a great mind and body workout! The job balances mental and physical tasks and encourages creative problem solving.
great place to work
SERVER (Current Employee) –  terranea, rancho palos verdes, CASeptember 8, 2017
depending on your department, mine being the restaurant industry, its a great company to work for. They really care for their employees and there is a huge amount of opportunities to move up or transfer jobs within the company.
Pros
free food for employees, locker rooms, laundry and uniform service, very high paying wealthy guests
Cons
many seasonal part time positions, very competitive, drug tests, long hiring process
Poor management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 7, 2017
Stressful new people coming in and out. many changes in management. Just never felt settles in that environment. Happy to be advancing my career away from hospitality.
Pros
good pay, beautiful place to be
Cons
management, Human resources
This was a great place to work.
Banquet Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 29, 2017
I'm returning to this job because it was a well payed job and the manager was fair. I enjoyed the luxury of where I work and that is one of the main reasons why I wish to return.
Pros
good pay
Cons
could get busy
good job
Reservation Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 4, 2017
it always kept me on my toes. everyday was different. it was enjoyable work. I wish I got to stay there longer. it was a fun atmosphere. management was always making work fun
Good, but needs better management
Outside Services (Former Employee) –  Sunriver, ORJune 16, 2017
The actual job required you to take care of golf carts by bringing them out into the waiting area, taking them back to be cleaned and charged, helping customers with golf bags, and even directing the people. Depending on shift, one might also set up or take down the range, as well as close up the golf course itself.

There were also other odd jobs, like getting more sand for the sand holders, helping customers, picking up golf balls, and sometimes assisting the other employees.
Pros
Discounted Food Prices, Good Working Culture, Caring but Firm Employers
Cons
Poor Current Management, Lack of Communication at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Destination Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight