Destination Maternity Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Be careful working for this company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 18, 2018
I only worked there 2 months as a TSL (team sales lead). And management is horrible they don’t have your back in any situation. The manager lied on me. They force a schedule on you even if you requested off. I loved what I did with the moms but, I hate working for them. The manger told my personal business too a team member without my permission. Very messy company. They need new management. It wasn’t a team and isn’t. Think before you work there. Too much for nothing and horrible treatment.
Pros
People I’ve met
Cons
Everything else
Very cool and laid back place of employment
Warehouse Person/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJMay 3, 2018
It was just a job that I enjoyed however due to lack of childcare for my two children and the hours that were given I could no longer keep the position. I did however enjoy the work that I performed at the company and would recommend others to apply if the schedule best fit them.
Flexible hours
Team Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOMay 2, 2018
Same routine every day. Discounts were good, most employees were fun to work with. Favoritism plays a big role in this work environment. Low and flexible hours
Pros
Discounts
Overwhelming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 2, 2018
This job is overwhelming. You spend most time by yourself, and the store is always understaffed. I’ve worked 7 hour shifts without any break due to poor scheduling. I wasn’t there long, but I can honestly say that I’d never work there again.
Pros
Clients
Cons
No breaks, management, pay, no recognition
Low pay
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 22, 2018
Store managers receive very low pay and associates make minimum wage. With this type of pay, managers and associates are not top caliber and do only the minimum expectation.
Beautiful
Vendor Representative (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 4, 2018
Working here is kind of a one of a kind place. You make connection with your client and are there for them though majority of the pregnancy even a bit after. Best part of this job is when they come back to show you the new addition the their family.
Loved it, sorta
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 28, 2018
It was an okay place to work. Cool Managers, fun environment, but tough crowd. Pregnant women are not always easy to work with, and this can be a very trying job for someone who isn't patient.
Apply!
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 25, 2018
Very good management, very good company and advancement if you want it and show initiative. This company has very long standing employees at least in our area and if you see a career in retail this is definitely a good place to start. Raises quarterly for part time, yearly for full time.

Being able to help our customers during this time of their life is also amazing. Having the satisfaction of making someone’s day because you made them feel a tad good during this not so easy moment is great! Pregnancy is hard.
Pros
Advancement, good communication, customers
Cons
Can work alone depending on store volume
Poor management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 11, 2018
This is the worst company I ever worked for, horrible upper management, your whole work shift went by so slow because nobody shopped there, don’t matter how many hours you work you do t get breaks which is illegal.
Great part time job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  AbileneMarch 11, 2018
This is a great part time job, however, the pay for me was $8 an hour, when the national pay is $10 an hour. The pay for me was unfair compared to others. Everyone else was paid over $8 an hour. But overall, it’s a great place to work, and you meet a lot of nice people everyday!
Pros
Not busy, proactive
Cons
Pay
Great Place
HR Recruiter/Generalist (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 28, 2018
Awesome people great place to work. Relaxed but busy along with very helpful mangers to make sure I was learning everything I needed to know before heading out in the full time work field
Worst company I have ever worked for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Natick MAFebruary 27, 2018
I have to say this was the worst company I have ever worked for. Even though associates and managers are not on commission they have to maintain a very high average sale per customer. This results in associates fighting over who the consider "good customers" and ignoring the customer that only purchases one low cost item.
Pros
Cons
Written warnings if your average sale per transaction isn't at required amount which is high.
Fun place/ no growth opportunity
MULTIUNIT MANAGER/DISTRICT TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2018
I loved working for DMAT, but when they started eliminating positions and cutting back it got scary. You won't have a pay increase, because company can't afford it. If you are a store manager you will get good bonuses if you make plan. There's no other FT position other than Sm. So definitely not a place to grow with. If you are a SM be ready to not have a break in a 8hr shift, since you'll work by yourself. Very slow paced and constantly harrasing clients to come shop in order to generate sales. Company is not reliable and doesn't even have a CEO.
Pros
Discount, bonus plan, healthcare plan
Cons
No breaks, no pay increase, poor pay, no career development.
Beware never work here
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Christiana mall DEFebruary 11, 2018
Worst place ever. All the management is a joke. Managers are trained after 3 days and thrown into shifts completely alone oh and your still paid the same as cashiers.
Pros
Cons
Managers drama pay
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Having goals is part of life but not when it comes to selling they would push you around not to professional they would take your hours away if you didn't make your goals
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
The employees were very cooperative, management was not as flexible. Could of been better from an engagement standpoint.The staff would cut hours which hurt.
N/a
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Job wasn’t for me slow-paced and more of everything manually done. I didnt like the job i was hoping for more of working on machinery then hand picking items on hangers.
Do much for such little pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 30, 2018
They don't value their employees and your pay check proves it. You are asked to do alot which is fine but your pay should match your responsibility...
Fun workplace, everyone becomes family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Typical days could range from slow to busy at the end of the day. Fast paced once super busy, but completely worth it at the end seeing the faces of the customers when they leave happy. Management was wonderful. Helped with the needed flexibility with going to school and also receiving hours.
its a job
LEASE AREA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  NortheastJanuary 22, 2018
not terrible but not great, its a job and the pay is ok for management but the field team doesn't make enough in my opinion. And the changes are constant and sometimes all over the place.