Destination Maternity Employee Reviews

great job and friendly staff
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Crabtree mallNovember 8, 2018
I was very happy with team. loved coming to work. The safe was fun to work with. Enjoyed the job. The company is a great company to work for and be a part of.
Pros
promotions
Cons
more hours
Good foundation for entry level, but limited opportunities for advancement
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJNovember 6, 2018
DMC has had a lot a management turnover, so the strategic direction of the company was constantly changing. Also the the company itself has not been doing well so job security was an issue for several employees
Pros
new office that was spacious and collborative
Cons
management
Fun working place, great work-life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 26, 2018
Good work life balance. Job could have better benefits and pay. They expect you to do this client book that is really outdated and could use some better organizing for the company overall.
Pros
Hours, work-life balance
Cons
Pay
productive fun environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 8, 2018
I love how focused we are on our customer. We have positive team structures with flexibility in schedules for work life balance. If you don't like working weekends you might not like it for that reason alone. but everything else about the company is great.
Unique Retail Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 5, 2018
I was the manager here for 7 years. I loved he job, the customers, the store just had a great vibe to it always. It is a very unique place to work because you only really get the one type of customer..momma's! So once you learn how to connect with them, its super fun and easy to make suggestions. Overall great place to work.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 5, 2018
I enjoy working at this retail store. It was all new to me when I began. I’ve learned how to do to basic retail duties such as printing the marketing labels, floor set , and daily paper work
Pros
Nice management
Cons
No hour security
Good management equals happy employees
Team Store Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2018
I love this job with my whole heart. I believe in helping women feel as comfortable as possible when they are pregnant. Every person that walks in is someone you get to know and build a connection with, and I enjoy that. I'm learning valuable skills at Destination, that I will forever be grateful for.
Pros
Motivation team
Cons
One 30 minutes break for an 8 hour shift
Toxic environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJOctober 2, 2018
Toxic environment with zero room for advancement. No one in leadership is willing to help anyone do anything, except please whichever CEO is working that quarter. Not to mention, never once is any business strategy designed around the wants and needs of the customer.
Pros
Middle management and the do-ers are amazing people
Cons
Unqualified leadership
Expect to work by yourself most shifts.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 27, 2018
I loved working with the expectant clients and making them feel better about themselves. I was not prepared to work mostly by myself because of lack of payroll dollars. Managers were paid a low hourly rate. No incentive to move up.
Cons
Worked 70% of the time by myself, Hard to manage a store when you worked mostly by yourself. Also hard to eat lunch or take a break.
Photo Studio (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Excellent place of work. I absolutely enjoy everyone I have met, especially within my direct department. I have already learned so much through my incredible team and I am excited to learn and grow with this company.

Want to know more about Destination Maternity?

Ask a question
Competitive
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Working at A Pea in the Pod, I've found myself competing to be associate of the week based on how many sales I've gotten. The hardest part is selling magazine subscriptions to the clients because most of our customers were tourists and in order to subscribe to receive parent magazines, the client must have an address within the United States.
Learning experience
Sales Associate / Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 18, 2018
it was a good learning experience but there isnt room to advance in your position if you start as a sales associate all you can advanced to is a team store lead but thats it.
I enjoyed my time at Destination Maternity
Corporate Counsel, Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJSeptember 13, 2018
When I worked at Destination Maternity, we had a legal department of three people. While we had the opportunity to make many decisions autonomously (provided they were inline with the company's needs and direction), the General Counsel was available to discuss more unique situations and guide the legal team.
Unique place to work
Team Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 12, 2018
The company is customer sevice focused, has some opportunities to move up, but is horrible for raises after being hired. The stonebriar location has an incredible manager and friendly staff.
Productive place to work
Store Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 1, 2018
Meeting new people and being able to network with new people has always been a positive when working here. Very organized and always a very clean environment.
fun work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 22, 2018
The DM was willing to coach and develop associates. The most enjoyable part was meeting the new moms to be. your able to meet a lot of different customers. weekend times where the funnies time.
Fun work place coworkers make the job a great experience
Associate and Sales Vendor (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 17, 2018
Flexible place to work and learn a lot of new work skills. Enjoyed the job got to experience and learn what it took to be a sales vendor. Best part about the job was getting to know the mom's to be and helping them find clothes that fit their style .
great company poor management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 5, 2018
when i worked for motherhood the company and what it stands for is amazing. we did however have bad management and poor salaries based on workload and expectations.
requires a lot of driving
Merchandise Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 14, 2018
If you love relocating everyday this is the job for you. You relocate between malls and different stores that sell the brand all over the inland empire.
merhandising
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 13, 2018
The merchandising was great. Working with the moms to be was a lot of fun. I really like the challenge of meeting the sales goals. The boss was very understanding and easy to talk to.
Pros
the hours
Cons
sales goals