Destination Maternity Employee Reviews

Horrible and illegally run
Acting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WA 99336February 13, 2019
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. This corporation will use you, and use you, and use you until they can't anymore or until you quit. They compensate significantly below average for the amount of responsibilities that they are wanting fulfilled. The time and attention it takes to perform this job and the manner in which they treat their employees is not worth the experience obtained or the paycheck they hold onto so tightly while figuratively handing it over to you.

Their HR department constantly has issues with payroll. Either they aren't paying you for the correct time you worked or they are illegally eliminating your paid sick time.

It is absolutely disgusting how money hungry they are and the attitude they express while they neglect, devalue, and discriminate their employees. I could go on and on about this company but there are not enough characters in this box for me to continue.
fun energy
Sales Merchant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 7, 2019
great co-workers. they give me help when I need it. they also have patient with me when don't understand something. No drama! no stilling. Very friendly and helpful.
Pros
team work is great always get help when I needed
Cons
the Macy's work do not keep there work area clean.
Loved it Here
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Depending on your District Manager, you can love it or hate it. This field is retail so you get what you get in this field, but I met some of the best people who are now my life long friends. I learned everything I know how to manager, HR aspects, sales, etc. As a manger you have lots of flexibility in your schedule and can do what you want if you make sales. It's like you're very own store and you create and mold the culture you want.
Pros
Great people, flexible hours
Cons
sales and meeting expectations of company goals, thinking outside of box to make sales and drive business, work long hours or weekends and holidays
Hours and pay suck
Team Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 15, 2019
I ask for minimum hours and don't get them, it is very stressful here, a lot of micromanaging, seems like they don't care, and you're 9n the schedule one minute and then change it in which I don't understand.
Managers are amazing
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2018
Loved working with all the team members, I couldn’t have asked for a better timeframe to work their. Just before the holidays so I got to experience everything in order to prepare me for the big holidays.
Not nearly enough hours
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2018
Pay was decent, but only if you’re working full time and the hours are a joke. It’s just overall a good side job, but alone it’s not enough to sustain yourself if you can only be scheduled at 15 hrs a week.
Pros
Not too hectic
Cons
No hrs
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at destination maternity, I thought it to be very fulfilling being able to help mothers to be find what they were looking for. and giving suggestions when asked. I enjoy helping others in anyway I can.
great job and friendly staff
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Crabtree mallNovember 8, 2018
I was very happy with team. loved coming to work. The safe was fun to work with. Enjoyed the job. The company is a great company to work for and be a part of.
Pros
promotions
Cons
more hours
Good foundation for entry level, but limited opportunities for advancement
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJNovember 6, 2018
DMC has had a lot a management turnover, so the strategic direction of the company was constantly changing. Also the the company itself has not been doing well so job security was an issue for several employees
Pros
new office that was spacious and collborative
Cons
management
Fun working place, great work-life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 26, 2018
Good work life balance. Job could have better benefits and pay. They expect you to do this client book that is really outdated and could use some better organizing for the company overall.
Pros
Hours, work-life balance
Cons
Pay
productive fun environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 8, 2018
I love how focused we are on our customer. We have positive team structures with flexibility in schedules for work life balance. If you don't like working weekends you might not like it for that reason alone. but everything else about the company is great.
Unique Retail Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 5, 2018
I was the manager here for 7 years. I loved he job, the customers, the store just had a great vibe to it always. It is a very unique place to work because you only really get the one type of customer..momma's! So once you learn how to connect with them, its super fun and easy to make suggestions. Overall great place to work.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 5, 2018
I enjoy working at this retail store. It was all new to me when I began. I’ve learned how to do to basic retail duties such as printing the marketing labels, floor set , and daily paper work
Pros
Nice management
Cons
No hour security
Good management equals happy employees
Team Store Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2018
I love this job with my whole heart. I believe in helping women feel as comfortable as possible when they are pregnant. Every person that walks in is someone you get to know and build a connection with, and I enjoy that. I'm learning valuable skills at Destination, that I will forever be grateful for.
Pros
Motivation team
Cons
One 30 minutes break for an 8 hour shift
Toxic environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJOctober 2, 2018
Toxic environment with zero room for advancement. No one in leadership is willing to help anyone do anything, except please whichever CEO is working that quarter. Not to mention, never once is any business strategy designed around the wants and needs of the customer.
Pros
Middle management and the do-ers are amazing people
Cons
Unqualified leadership
Expect to work by yourself most shifts.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 27, 2018
I loved working with the expectant clients and making them feel better about themselves. I was not prepared to work mostly by myself because of lack of payroll dollars. Managers were paid a low hourly rate. No incentive to move up.
Cons
Worked 70% of the time by myself, Hard to manage a store when you worked mostly by yourself. Also hard to eat lunch or take a break.
Photo Studio (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Excellent place of work. I absolutely enjoy everyone I have met, especially within my direct department. I have already learned so much through my incredible team and I am excited to learn and grow with this company.
Competitive
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Working at A Pea in the Pod, I've found myself competing to be associate of the week based on how many sales I've gotten. The hardest part is selling magazine subscriptions to the clients because most of our customers were tourists and in order to subscribe to receive parent magazines, the client must have an address within the United States.
Learning experience
Sales Associate / Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 18, 2018
it was a good learning experience but there isnt room to advance in your position if you start as a sales associate all you can advanced to is a team store lead but thats it.
I enjoyed my time at Destination Maternity
Corporate Counsel, Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJSeptember 13, 2018
When I worked at Destination Maternity, we had a legal department of three people. While we had the opportunity to make many decisions autonomously (provided they were inline with the company's needs and direction), the General Counsel was available to discuss more unique situations and guide the legal team.