Destination Maternity Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive place to work
Store Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 1, 2018
Meeting new people and being able to network with new people has always been a positive when working here. Very organized and always a very clean environment.
fun work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 22, 2018
The DM was willing to coach and develop associates. The most enjoyable part was meeting the new moms to be. your able to meet a lot of different customers. weekend times where the funnies time.
Fun work place coworkers make the job a great experience
Associate and Sales Vendor (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 17, 2018
Flexible place to work and learn a lot of new work skills. Enjoyed the job got to experience and learn what it took to be a sales vendor. Best part about the job was getting to know the mom's to be and helping them find clothes that fit their style .
great company poor management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 5, 2018
when i worked for motherhood the company and what it stands for is amazing. we did however have bad management and poor salaries based on workload and expectations.
requires a lot of driving
Merchandise Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 14, 2018
If you love relocating everyday this is the job for you. You relocate between malls and different stores that sell the brand all over the inland empire.
merhandising
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 13, 2018
The merchandising was great. Working with the moms to be was a lot of fun. I really like the challenge of meeting the sales goals. The boss was very understanding and easy to talk to.
Pros
the hours
Cons
sales goals
Horrible company to work for
TSL (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 9, 2018
Working for this company was the worst job I’ve ever had. The manager there is horrible she all for herself. She would talk about employees with other employees then will smile in your face. She never liked opening or closing. The store was always a mess. I would never recommend some to work for this company
Pros
Cons
Manager sucked
Be careful working for this company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 18, 2018
I only worked there 2 months as a TSL (team sales lead). And management is horrible they don’t have your back in any situation. The manager lied on me. They force a schedule on you even if you requested off. I loved what I did with the moms but, I hate working for them. The manger told my personal business too a team member without my permission. Very messy company. They need new management. It wasn’t a team and isn’t. Think before you work there. Too much for nothing and horrible treatment.
Pros
People I’ve met
Cons
Everything else
Very cool and laid back place of employment
Warehouse Person/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJMay 3, 2018
It was just a job that I enjoyed however due to lack of childcare for my two children and the hours that were given I could no longer keep the position. I did however enjoy the work that I performed at the company and would recommend others to apply if the schedule best fit them.
Flexible hours
Team Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOMay 2, 2018
Same routine every day. Discounts were good, most employees were fun to work with. Favoritism plays a big role in this work environment. Low and flexible hours
Pros
Discounts
Cons

Want to know more about Destination Maternity?

Ask a question
Overwhelming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 2, 2018
This job is overwhelming. You spend most time by yourself, and the store is always understaffed. I’ve worked 7 hour shifts without any break due to poor scheduling. I wasn’t there long, but I can honestly say that I’d never work there again.
Pros
Clients
Cons
No breaks, management, pay, no recognition
Low pay
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 22, 2018
Store managers receive very low pay and associates make minimum wage. With this type of pay, managers and associates are not top caliber and do only the minimum expectation.
Beautiful
Vendor Representative (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 4, 2018
Working here is kind of a one of a kind place. You make connection with your client and are there for them though majority of the pregnancy even a bit after. Best part of this job is when they come back to show you the new addition the their family.
Loved it, sorta
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 28, 2018
It was an okay place to work. Cool Managers, fun environment, but tough crowd. Pregnant women are not always easy to work with, and this can be a very trying job for someone who isn't patient.
Apply!
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 25, 2018
Very good management, very good company and advancement if you want it and show initiative. This company has very long standing employees at least in our area and if you see a career in retail this is definitely a good place to start. Raises quarterly for part time, yearly for full time.

Being able to help our customers during this time of their life is also amazing. Having the satisfaction of making someone’s day because you made them feel a tad good during this not so easy moment is great! Pregnancy is hard.
Pros
Advancement, good communication, customers
Cons
Can work alone depending on store volume
Poor management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 11, 2018
This is the worst company I ever worked for, horrible upper management, your whole work shift went by so slow because nobody shopped there, don’t matter how many hours you work you do t get breaks which is illegal.
Great part time job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  AbileneMarch 11, 2018
This is a great part time job, however, the pay for me was $8 an hour, when the national pay is $10 an hour. The pay for me was unfair compared to others. Everyone else was paid over $8 an hour. But overall, it’s a great place to work, and you meet a lot of nice people everyday!
Pros
Not busy, proactive
Cons
Pay
Great Place
HR Recruiter/Generalist (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 28, 2018
Awesome people great place to work. Relaxed but busy along with very helpful mangers to make sure I was learning everything I needed to know before heading out in the full time work field
Worst company I have ever worked for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Natick MAFebruary 27, 2018
I have to say this was the worst company I have ever worked for. Even though associates and managers are not on commission they have to maintain a very high average sale per customer. This results in associates fighting over who the consider "good customers" and ignoring the customer that only purchases one low cost item.
Pros
Cons
Written warnings if your average sale per transaction isn't at required amount which is high.
Fun place/ no growth opportunity
MULTIUNIT MANAGER/DISTRICT TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2018
I loved working for DMAT, but when they started eliminating positions and cutting back it got scary. You won't have a pay increase, because company can't afford it. If you are a store manager you will get good bonuses if you make plan. There's no other FT position other than Sm. So definitely not a place to grow with. If you are a SM be ready to not have a break in a 8hr shift, since you'll work by yourself. Very slow paced and constantly harrasing clients to come shop in order to generate sales. Company is not reliable and doesn't even have a CEO.
Pros
Discount, bonus plan, healthcare plan
Cons
No breaks, no pay increase, poor pay, no career development.