Destination XL Group Employee Reviews

stressful
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 5, 2018
advancement is hardly ever

schedule change will never happen

management is horrible

favoritism is extremely over baring

very unprofessional

requesting time off is the hardest task ever
Very professional work environment.
Retail Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2018
Everyone is very business driven and professional along with making sure all our customers are treated with world class service. We at DXL follow a service model that not only greets the customers when they walk in but we want them to feel at home in the store.
Productive and fun. Good benefits
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 14, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits and training. No day is ever the same in regards to sales but the operations are clear and help bring balance to the day.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Pay could be better for the area
Great manager but low pay
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 21, 2018
The manager at the one I worked at is wonderful. Very supportive and a true leader. DXL as a company does not compensate fairly though, and if you are part time you would need another job to get by most likely. It only worked for me because I was in school.
Pros
Management, flexible hours
Cons
Benefits, wages if you are part time
Not the best place to be
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 24, 2018
destination xl would be a great place to work if there were not favoritism and politics that hinder ones growth with the company
After being with this company for an extensive time, there is no "work family".
Hostile work environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 23, 2018
Upper management consistently ignores all requests, and doesn’t contact us until they deem it appropriate (ie, deny a raise, deny giving something that the store needs, such as a heater). In the almost two years I worked at Casual Male, I went through 3 store managers, and 9 coworkers. The first year I worked there, the air conditioning didn’t work for the entire summer, and didn’t get fixed until the regional manager came to our store from Texas and realized that it was an oven. The store was left to its own devices, as detrimental as it sounds. I do not recommend working here, or shopping here.
Pros
Some of the coworkers were great
Cons
Hostile upper management, poor pay, poor benefits
No Reward for committment and dedication
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 23, 2018
I took over a Casual Male in Henderson that they slotted to close with in 6 months to a year , said there was no clientele there to support the store. That was so far from the truth. My team and I busted our butts to increase not only sales, visual, cleanliness, guest services, implementing a back to school program, appoinment selling, wardrobe seminars, and marketing to the area casinos and security companies. Never a failed lp visit, never a failed corporate visit, and our inventory % went down in the first 6 months.
We built the Henderson Nv location so well that they decided to put an additional Dxl in Henderson that was never slotted to happen just for my team and I to get slapped in the face and after being promised the new location for months. It didn't turn out that way.
Because of the lack of integrity of the conpany and giving the location to someone who didnt make or beat the numbets my team made . Their turnover high throughout since that lication opened. Jake Bell
intentionally used me and our team to make the changes to give to someone else. Our staff decided to stay on til we closed and go in our different directions.
We all felt hurt and betrayed by the very people we busted oyr butts for. They offered us an opportunity to go to the new Dxl but with a demotion. ABSOLUTELY NOT. We did the work and they gave it to someone who didnt even care about the location. I miss my customers more then anything. The upper management should stick to the moral of the company and promote and advance the very people who made it happen. Its all political and back stabbing
  more... to the upmost. If your looking for getting credit where credit is due this company isnt it...  less
Pros
Great customers and an amazing team
Cons
Disloyalty and noo integrity from upper management
Nice place to work
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 28, 2018
The people make it worth getting up in the morning. The health insurance leaves a lot to be desired tho. The environment is relaxed but fast paced, business casual dress.
Enjoyed the customers and the discounts and the benefits
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 24, 2018
I enjoyed helping customers and I also enjoyed the benefits I received working there but management was poor. The pay wasn't adequate and the schedule was unpredictable.
Pros
Discounts, helping customers, medical benefits
Cons
Poor store management unpredictable schedule, on adequate pay
Not As Expected
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 4, 2018
The wages were not as promised, and neither were the hours. I was a student and management refused to take my schedule, that never changed, into consideration. You will work an insane amount of hours and when management screws up, they'll blame you for it. The customers and the relationships you develop with them almost makes it worth it.
Pros
Customers, OK health benefits
Cons
Management, Wage
Absolutely terrible upper management
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAAugust 30, 2017
You will get fired if the VPs don't like you, or if someone complains enough about you to them.CEO is so stupid. Company is definitely going bankrupt.
Pros
Out on Fridays at 1pm in Summer, out on Fridays at 3pm any other season
Cons
Terrible management, terrible training, high turnover, no leadership, no accountability
The worst job I have ever had
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJuly 28, 2017
I worked for this company for 2.5 years and it was the WORST job I could have. I couldn't get a raise, I had no life at all, and the commission was terrible. This company's management structure sucks and they don't really give the employees a chance to get a promotion. Instead they hire other people who know nothing about the company to come and a manage store. On a good note My district manager was absolutely AMAZING!!! One of the most caring, down to earth people I will ever meet.
Pros
discount
Cons
management sucked, pay sucked
Decent place to work
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 9, 2017
A typical day at work for me is training our contact center population on various subjects. I truly enjoy the people I work with but find it most challenging to look at my job expectations versus my current compensation.
If you like cut-throat, this is for you!
ASM (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 6, 2017
I had a terrible experience working for this company. It started off well enough, but I was lied to from jump about potential for pay, advancement opportunities, and management style. Highly cut-throat. A lot of deceitful people with their own agendas. Unhappy clientele was not dealt with appropriately. Overall bad experience. Loved the concept of the store, but not the execution or upper level management.
Cons
No breaks, low pay for responsibilities
Not what I expected
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 13, 2017
I worked at this company for over a year. I would describe the job and the team I worked for as not very collaborative, and upper management would do anything to save a penny. They would cut buyers and have assistants do tenfold the work with no pay raise. There was little to no direction or training. It was a very sink or swim atmosphere, and very cut throat.

The workplace culture in my opinion promoted gossip and little to no movement unless you were a favorite. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a work life balance and communicating with bosses that were rude in their demeanor.
Pros
presentation experience, face to face exposure with CEO
Cons
Work through break (common practice), no colloboration, no direction, or training
okay
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJanuary 16, 2017
alot of shipment for just one person the other team member do not help you there is no stock team its just you. the hardest part is moving heavy boxes thats stacked up to the sealing and folding them by yourself
Working with the quests is the best part of each day.
General Manager/Disrtict Trainer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 1, 2017
Best part of the job is assisting each quest and give them the complete wardrobe in which they feel good in and look great in.
The guest leave happy and empowered in their new looks.
Great company to work for !!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
A great environment to always learn new ideas from all managers. Its one big family everyone will always guide you in the right direction. Amazing people, Always opportunity to grow with the company and learn ways how to always be better.
Pros
flexibility
Big on Being Ballbusters
Tailor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 23, 2016
You could pretty much be the perfect employee and still get crapped on here. For Tailoring the training modules stink. You're going to get thrown in and sink or swim. I ran register and stocked in addition to helping customers and had to find my own tailor shop customers. Short handed and helped run the store in a time of crisis just to be thanked with a reprimand instead of praise. the RvP is a joke!!!
Pros
The customers are usually super appreciate of your advice
Cons
Evil business ethics, corporate is clueless
Not Worth it
GSA (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 3, 2016
No pay raises or promotions, and horrible hours. The assistant managers are great but the store manager was awful and is not fit to be a manager.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Pay