Detroit Red Wings Employee Reviews

Volunteer opportunity with the sports dietitian
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 4, 2018
Volunteer opportunity through Detroit Red Wings' sports dietitian to prepare meals for the team and observe the role as the sports dietitian for a professional team.
Pros
Experience with an experienced and highly qualified dietitian
Cons
n/a
Relaxed work place with easy going people
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 3, 2017
Working only home game days and talked with people on the concourse, generating sales leads. I would get commission of sales but I did not work enough to really obtain that.
Pros
Free dinners on game day
Cons
Cheap wages
Productive, Rewarding,a nd fun workplace
Game Day Marketing and Promotional Events (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 18, 2016
A typical day at work is very unusual to that of a normal desk job. At games and events you are really inspired to think outside of the box about ways to do normal game-day activities and similar activities at events. Being at this position (even though it is only part-time) I have learned that it is important to posses patience. You are always working with fans which can sometimes seem very hard to please but nevertheless you need to sustain a positive attitude and carry yourself in a consistently positive manner. I love my co-workers. Everyone loves the job just as much as I do, we are very close and we get along and are more than happy to help our bosses. When it comes to interacting with fans it can be very difficult to please them. If we are giving away a shirt for example, they might complain that they do not like the design of the shirt and want a different one. They also might take this to the extent of filing a complaint just to get a different shirt. Contrary to that the best part of the job is seeing fans reactions when you get to pick them to partake in a mini-game or an event or if they get the chance to go on the ice. In my eyes, nothing can beat it because you are affording them a chance to do something that they will remember for the rest of their lives!
Pros
Working for a great organization, the people, atmosphere
Cons
can get late, and keeping the pre-determined schedule can be a hastle sometimes as well
Very enjoyable place to work with great co-workers.
Community Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 14, 2014
Working in sports, specifically with the Detroit Red Wings, has allowed me to gain a lot of experience building relationships inside and outside of the organization. I work very closely with non-profit organizations including hospitals, the military, Make-a-Wish, Salvation Army, etc. The departments within the organization I often work with are Corporate Partners, Group Sales, Ticket Sales and Marketing. I manage the donations program and community relations hotline on a daily basis. The hardest part is telling someone no when they have a special request, such as a player meet and greet, and we just aren't able to make it happen. organization, communication and time management skills have really improved. I am dedicated and detail orientated, always setting goals for myself.
Pros
Exciting atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay
Excellent
Freelance Artist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 28, 2013
Working with the Detroit Red Wings Foundation was a wonderful experience! Due to the fact that this was a freelance job of a charitable nature, every aspect of the job was very rewarding
Great fast paced job
Production Assistant/Stage Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 2, 2012
Awesome experience with constant learning and development
Great Learning and working environment
Community Relation/Public Relations/ Foundation (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 12, 2012
I have well knowledge in indesign, and all Microsoft programs. I have worked in the community, public and foundation department. I have assisted with communicating with fans, charity groups and superior management. Communicating and speaking are task that were asked upon me on a regular bases and I always give it my all in everything I'm doing and learning to do.