Detroit Tigers Employee Reviews

Just a job
watchperson (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 27, 2018
They treat the crew fairly albeit some people don't perform the task they are assigned. Pay is low and raises are few. Full time people get more perks than the part time crew which causes bad morale.
Pros
No free lunches here for our department.
Cons
Lot of favoritism.
Love jt
Batboy (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 11, 2018
I still work there, love being a part of my favorite baseball team. It was a dream and still feels like one. Meet the baseball players that are really down to earth and chill
Pros
Free gear
great place to work
Part-time position bartending (Current Employee) –  tiger Den/Beer HallOctober 29, 2018
A very good place to work for. Customer are friendly and the people you work with and like my manager, is very good and fare to the employees. When on coming back
Pros
the great people
Cons
standing
Good work environment
Minor League Strength And Conditioning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the Detroit Tigers. The people there worked as a team and we all respected each other. I learned a great deal there and only left because of more money. Big mistake!
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low pay
Great Org
Professional Athlete (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 5, 2018
They work environment is great players, staff and front office have good relationships and can be seen working out together at the facility. Great environment and everyone feels like a family.
The job is just seasonal
I think the job is a little biasedSecurity (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 23, 2018
The job is just seasonal It’s OK job when is baseball season is money to be made it’s fast pace and we are mostly get along The job is OK in the summer because you pick the days you want to work pick the days when you want to be off it’s a very nice atmosphere
Pros
Cons
I think the job is a little biased
Very Productive
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed working there. Making sure all orders were filled to the fans. I enjoyed the fans and people i worked with.listening to the games and meeting some of the players.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Guest Services Employee
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 22, 2018
The best part of the job was being able to make your own schedule. Pay was minimum wage, and there were long hours of standing involved. I worked there for 3 seasons, for something to do in my time off from the school district.
Great work environment and experience in sports
Video Operations and Advanced Scouting Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2018
Interning with a team that I always idolized working for. Great experience with MLB players and coaches that gave me a clear understanding of what working in professional sports would be like as a career. While I have enjoyed it, I have also learned that it is hard to have any work life balance and therefore am also pursuing other options outside of sports too.
Pros
Dream job
Cons
Hard to establish a work life balance
Fun place to work
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 22, 2018
Limited to 30 hrs. per week, good for people who enjoy baseball and like interaction with fans. Most employees are very upbeat Security manager is great. Very fan friendly.
Pros
Watch the ballgame interact with fans
Cons
A lot of standing little cahnce of obtaining full time status.
Fun place to work
EVENT STAFF USHER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 8, 2018
It was a great part-time college job, it gave me something to do, and allowed me to earn some extra income. It was just a temporary job and something to add to my resume.
Pros
Can watch baseball games
Cons
Working outside sometimes in the elements
Good summer job
Crowd Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 29, 2018
you work on your own terms as far as availabilities go. they ask that you do not watch the game while you are working.after getting by the large security lines to enter the game, this job is very simple and easy.
Pros
at a baseball park
Cons
short breaks
As an intern you are exposed to all facets of the minor league organization
Corporate Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 27, 2018
This was a great internship as it allowed me to grow in my specific role but also expand my knowledge base by working with other groups such as ticketing and group sales. The culture was great and you could feel that your supervisors really cared about helping you progress and ultimately find a job after the internship was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was game day during Spring Training and being part of the team responsible of executing a major sporting event in that town. The hardest part of the job was tarp duty during the minor league season.
Fun
Promotions (Former Employee) –  DetroitMarch 8, 2018
Fun place to work, would recommend. Long hours with small compensation. Seasonal part time work was reasonably compensated. Additional work with the company was desired but the position was not available
Fast-paced and exciting first job
Partnership Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 18, 2018
Be prepared to work over 50 hours per week in season, and stay for every game. Starting early and ending late, while building strong friendships and relationships makes it a great first job and engaging way to spend your summer. You don't have to be a fan of baseball to love working here.
Pros
Free lunches, outdoor access and new experiences daily
Cons
Paltry pay, long hours, no summer vacation
I just want this job
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 29, 2017
I can training really good. Good listing and stuff . I'm good at soccer to, basket almost at everything , I'm in college. I hope to look forward to tiger spring
Great work enviorment
Player (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2017
Best job in the world. Injuries, however, happen and have to find my next career. Learned a lot about time management and discipline. Work hard and battle until you succeed.
extremely fun work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 18, 2017
meeting new people everyday, with a diverse work environment, very informed on upcoming events, communication between upper management and service employees is to par
It is a fun work experience but stressful
Player (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 23, 2017
I haven't been playing professional ball for very long but you understand the job quickly, perform or get released. I enjoy it and hope to make this a full time job but that can't happen until I reach the pinnacle level.
Pros
seeing different places, playing the game
Cons
pay, benefits, rigorous, job stability
i was a relief pitcher who enjoyed every second of my job
Pitcher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 2, 2017
great experience to have a job playing baseball. i learned good pey ople skills and the value of working hard to get to the top.i loved my managers they helped tremendously with the preperation of the job. the hardest part of the job was learning to find success in failure and learn from it. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to travel to many different states and meeting lots of people and personalities.
Pros
travel, people, competitive atmosphere
Cons
no cons