Detroit Tigers Employee Reviews

Not a real review
Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 26, 2017
With the Detroit Tigers' trades on Thursday, the team's top prospects list has been more than just shuffled. Since the beginning of the season, five of the top 16 prospects are new to the organization.
i was a relief pitcher who enjoyed every second of my job
Pitcher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 2, 2017
great experience to have a job playing baseball. i learned good pey ople skills and the value of working hard to get to the top.i loved my managers they helped tremendously with the preperation of the job. the hardest part of the job was learning to find success in failure and learn from it. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to travel to many different states and meeting lots of people and personalities.
Pros
travel, people, competitive atmosphere
Cons
no cons
Great Co-workers
Tickets Sales/ Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 4, 2017
I was part-time but I knew most of the staff. Everyone takes time to get to know each other and talk. You spend a lot of time at the office so it makes it better when you're friends with your coworkers.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 16, 2017
Detroit Tigers was a productive and fun work environment. I met a lot of great people. The work was complex at times, but the atmosphere made it a lot more exciting.
Pros
long work hours, full and part time benefits
Cons
short breaks, no health care
Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 26, 2016
This Job offers a lot of perks and can be a very fun atmosphere for the most part. I have met a ton of great people working with this organization and have acquired many great friendships. The working environment is very fast paced during the baseball season. The hardest part of working with this company is that it does require you to work a lot of hours during the summer months and isn't very ideal if you have children.
Maintenance/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 29, 2016
I would work here again in a heartbeat Met a lot of great people working here as well as learned a lot. Worked closely with the Detroit Tigers organization.
Pros
Great people
Exciting, welcoming, love of the game place to work for.
Cash Handler and Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 15, 2016
I love working with the Detroit Tigers. I have learned many helpful aspects that not only relate to work but also life. I handle any cash that goes in and out of the rides and interactive games in the ballpark. As well as give public and private tours to fans and guests. My management team is unbelievable, they are always willing to work with you, help you in any way possible, and are available to reach whenever you need them. My co-workers are friendly and we become part of a family that loves our job. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency in schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job is sharing my love of baseball and sports on a daily basis with fans at games, as well as guests who come on my tours.
Pros
Fun environment. Amazing co-workers and management team. Flexibility.
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. Low pay.
Productive and fun workplace
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 25, 2016
training and playing every day. I have learn a lot. Detroit Tigers give me the opportunity to have a better future. I was released 2 years ago but I all the knowledge that I have in my baseball career is because on them.
Great experience, but looking for something more stable
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 7, 2015
Minor league baseball was one of the best things that happened to me. I say this, not because it was an extravagant lifestyle filled with fast cars, luxury, and fame, but because it pushed me to be a better person than I was. Baseball taught me how to handle failure. It taught me that it isn't if you get knocked down, but when you get knocked down and how you get back up. I couldn't ask for anything more. The business side of baseball is brutal. But with all of the injustices that we as minor leaguers had to endure, it built up our character to put us ahead of some of our peers who have not encountered hardships.

Through my time with the Tigers, I have developed deep, personal relationships with people from all over the country, and even the world. It taught me how to understand different cultures, and overcoming the differences between us to succeed as a team. The experiences I take from baseball are like none other that I can think of. I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to take part in a chance to be able to make the dreams I had of being a big leaguer come true. It has set me up for a successful future in whatever career I choose.
Pros
Great health insurance, travel all over the country, get to play baseball
Cons
very low salary, long times away from home
Internship
Suite Sales and Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 10, 2014
I had an internship here and felt I had way more to offer than they were willing to have me help them with. A lot of down time.
Professional Baseball
Pitcher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 14, 2014
It was great being able to live out a life-long dream.

Learned how to pitch against the best hitters in the world.

Great teammates.
Great Place to Work
Advance Scout/Video Operations (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 13, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to communicate with several different departments, and backgrounds.
Minor League Baseball Player
Minor League Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Catcher in the Detroit Tigers Organization
Traveled across the country
This was a fun open minded place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 27, 2013
Days that where Games i would find out where i had to work for the day go in and clean and make sure things where together for the guess .I learn how to work very powerfully machines that will help me grow in the next company that welcome me along. The Management team where great to work with. The co workers were very helpfully and supportive . the hardest part of the job was the rain days .The most enjoyable part was to go to work every day
Fun workplace environment.
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  DetroitMarch 25, 2013
Great work place. Always in contact with those who love baseball and the Detroit Tigers team.
Great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 21, 2012
I was an intern for the detroit tigers got to work right on the players, hands on stretching, treatment, rehabilitation, and strength training as well. I also helped set up the a.t. room. and got to sit out in the dugout during the game
It is always easier to have your job as the thing you enjoy doing.
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 30, 2012
I met a lot of people and got a chance to see the countryside. I had an opportunity that most people only dream of, and would do it again.