Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority Employee Reviews

Under constant change
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 27, 2018
Job responsibilities continuously changed due to constant leadership changes. Not able to complete projects after hours of work because of leadership changes.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 23, 2017
I retired from Detroit Wayne County Mental Health Authority. I was a nice place to work. I started at Wayne County Government in my early twenties. I moved up in my career there accordingly. Wayne County was making changing and it was time to retire.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Awesome Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the company and working with the consumers but there was no advancement. At times it could be upsetting when a job is posted HR already has a person in mind but for not being in violation of the union they have to post the job.
Pros
Working with a great deal of people
Cons
No advancement
HR Admin Asst
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 22, 2017
Work was hands on and enriching. Job security was a plus but advancement within the organization was hard. The work preformed for the was vital to the community.
Valuable and meaningful place to work
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 4, 2017
Challenging, a lot of training, building relationships with customers, stakeholders, and legislative bodies. Enjoyed training conferences, learning about new treatment modalities, and the political climate in response to funding, and clients served for the greater good.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Politically charged
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Inner cityApril 12, 2017
Great place to work with forward thinking people who are on the cutting edge of their knowledge base. Easy going and no one micro managed. The creative juices were always flowing and I was challenged to expand my skill-set.
Pros
Able to implement new ideas.
Assisting Consumers and Families with Mental Health Resources
ORR Director's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 3, 2016
Detroit-Wayne Mental Health Authority (DWMHA) contracts with the Managed Care Provider Network, which provides Mental Health, Developmentally Disabled, Autism, and Substance Use Disorder services to consumers and families in need of resources. DWMHA's network covers residents in the Detroit and Wayne County area.

The learning experience is becoming familiar with services that most of the population is unaware of. The reward is to connection consumers and families with the services they seek and require.

Working directly in the department of the Office of Recipient Rights (ORR) is the foundation of DWMHA. Through this office, the rights of consumers and families are protected, and investigations are done to ensure quality services from the providers. I am proud of our Investigators, my co-workers because they take pride in protecting the rights of all recipients receiving services.
Pros
Free Secured Parking, one (1) hour lunch, and two (2) 15 minute breaks
Cons
Not enough promotions for within the organization, and the retirement packages does not include medical benefits
Internship
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganJune 8, 2015
Great Internship, I had a great experience during my time at DWMHA. I had many different learning experiences and would recommend this agency to any student interest in learning about Marco social work and community mental health.
The Authority is taking Mental Health to a higher level
Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 26, 2013
My work day is very productive.
I've learned how increase my abilities to muti task.
Managment has allowed me to grow and make use of my creativity.
I work well with co-workers.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to assist all clients.
I enjoy worker with the clients.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
healthcare and benefits