Deutsche Bank Employee Reviews

Found 968 reviews matching the search See all 2,350 reviews
Distressed Debt Analyst
Distressed Debt Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2019
Ensure compliance during the end-to-end process of processing international trades, building, funding and rolling over loans
Create remittance instructions and reconciled positions.
DB is a tough place
Director, Investment Banking (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2019
Has a lot wrong with it and is a tough place to make a career either in the front office or in the middle / back offices. I would suggest looking elsewhere should you have the option.
I was a consultant
Systems Analyst / Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2019
Since I was a consultant I cannot comment on job Opportunities or training.
Managers were good. Did not over manage
work environment was good.
Projects were a bit dis-organized due to changing budget constraints.
Strong organization & great place to work
Vice President, Finance Manager / Analytics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2019
Strong organization & great place to work. Stronger leadership and management. Clear vision and direction. ERP, infrastructure mature fostering ability to perform work in an efficient manner
Pros
Strong organization & great place to work
Cons
Not applicable
Very stressful environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2019
No time to take lunches and breaks. No training, no orientation and no resources available. It is always a guessing game situation. in a short period of time that I worked there several admins and juniors level had quit almost all at the same time. Too much work for a very low compensation.
Decent place to work if you use their tech stack
Analyst/SW Developer (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 30, 2019
Some of the tools, tech, etc. is the standard enterprise tech. Some of the tools are proprietary, and some of those aren't very great. The translation of business to SW development is pretty tough despite having a large percentage of non-technical employees.
Pros
The benefits and compensation are decent
Cons
Legacy spaghetti code
Good place to work.
Dedicated Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2019
Very Nice people and co-workers. Very good relation with Business management teams provided better communication with IT department making task and projects easier to accomplished. Infrastructure is good and is always evolving to better system.
Pros
Good management, nice work environment.
Cons
travel if outside the city area.
The company is currently restructuring. Therefore, there is no job security.
Compliance Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2019
The company is currently restructuring. Therefore, there is no job security. Poor management, at times very unrealistic demands. However, the people that I work with makes the job worth wile. One thing I must say is I have learned allot while executing my daily duties of OFAC screening.

Also i get 20 days off per year. LOVE IT!
Pros
Generous time off
Cons
High work load
good
Patchogue, NY, Adjunct Graduate Management Studies (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2019
Was consultant there for information security. Was a good atmosphere and management style was good. I would recommend working there. Location NYC..
Deutsche Bank is a good place to work
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2019
As with most companies it probably depends on which department you're working in and who you report to. However the new senior leadership has shown they are dedicated to the company and the employees.
Consultant
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2019
I was a consultant and not privy to all of the perks. While working as a consultant, I was Constantly blamed for things that didn’t pertain to me. I did My best to continue in a hostile work environment
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great benefits
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2019
20 calendar days at back up daycare center per child per calendar year. 16 weeks from date of birth for maternity leave & 2 weeks prior to due date. Medical, dental, 401k, vision
Pros
Benefits, work from home depending on manager approval
Cons
10K Layoffs, frequent change in management
Family atmosphere
Operation Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2019
relaxed atmosphere. Managers gave you a free hand to perform your job without micromanging Coworkers were helpful and willing to help you perform your job. The company was willing to work with employees regarding family leave and vacations
Pros
advancement
Cons
outsourcement
Conference Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2019
This was my first corporate industry job through an agency company called Swiss Post Solutions. It was a fast pace environment but I like being challenged. I was sent of to different branches. Midtown (homebase) Wall Street and New Jersey office. The people there were really nice, but I was a hard worker that they often took advantage of.
Great place to learn!
Equity Research Associate - US Consumer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Have learned immense amounts with Deutsche Bank and have been exposed to highly experienced professionals that are kind and extremely smart. Only seeking new work based on location preferences because it has proven impossible to be moved to New York.
Pros
Allow for a great degree of independence
Cons
Tough to get promoted
Productive work place
Consultant - AML Transaction Monitoring Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Was part of a group of AML specialists involved in transaction surveillance. Work was time driven and results oriented. Employees were easy to work with and willing to assist.
Pros
Willing to listen to impove processes.
Cons
Travel into the workplace
N/a
Consultant, Internal Audit, Financial risk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2019
I do not want to provide written direct feedback about the firm as I work as consultant. Since I am not a FT I do not get the same benefits. Hence I am not eligible for feedback
Good Culture; Diverse Workplace
Director of CIO Safety & Soundness Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2019
The workplace is very diverse which allows an overall comradery across internal organizational teams. The job is a mix of various responsibilities that keep you busy on a daily basis which makes the role very enjoyable. You are empowered to be effective which allows you to maintain the quick pace expected in this role.
Support analyst
Services Annalyst (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleJanuary 11, 2019
I worked for DB for 7 years. Jacksonville managers are forever looking to impress the people in New York - at the expense of staff. Too much politics
Pros
Nice building and cafeteria.
Cons
No reward for dedication and hard work. Reward is based on who you know
The bank is going through tough times
VP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
The bank is going through tough times. They need to cut expenses each year. They had a hiring freeze and lots of budget cuts. There are still good people there but many are leaving
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Budget cuts and layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deutsche Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Deutsche Bank.

Powered by Comparably