Deutsche Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 894 reviews matching the search See all 2,215 reviews
Very Bureaucratic
Software Developer - Java (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 12, 2018
After spending a lot of times in internal and external meetings, many times projects were scratched. The Cary location has the open-office seating arrangement with no cubes/offices.
Everyday was a learning experience
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
Amazing family vibe and sense of purpose in the work being required of us everyday. Great place to learn from outstanding coworkers. Team manager was easy to work and learn from.
Great
Assistant Vice president (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2018
A great working environment and work life balance. There are several opportunities to broaden your experience in various investment banking products globally.
Fun work place
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  60 Wall street, New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed working in DB.I learnt lot from the Management of different products of the Bank. You can work flexible hours and also work from home facility.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Improve system
Very good work culture
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  NCOctober 7, 2018
Work culture in Deutsche bank is very nice. Its not only limited to having technical career development, but has a lot of opportunity to do a personal development as well.
Fast Pace High Demand
System Administrator / SME RDS Tier 2 Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 6, 2018
Very Fast pace High Demand environment. Support is provided to traders which require quick and fast service. Traders can be producing anywhere from 5 - 15 million within every 20 minute interval.
Disfunctional
Vice President (Former Employee) –  NYOctober 4, 2018
While there are smart people that work at DB, it is very disfunctional. Processes are constantly changing and many are unresponsive to request for information. Nor is there any accountability.
Pros
Inconsistent
Cons
No work life balance
Overall good place to work
AVP - Project Manager - Global Transaction Banking (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 3, 2018
I worked as Deutsche Bank as both a contractor and then a full time employee. The bank allowed me to manage my projects and time as I saw needed. I was able to leverage my experience to contribute to the overall success of the bank.
Great company
Assistant Vice President, eDiscovery (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
great company, great location, great people, great opportunities, great pay, great bonuses, opportunity for advancement, opportunity for growth, great managers
Excellent work environment
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2018
It provides an excellent work environment. Able to learn new things & new process at the work place. Overall the management is interactive and excellent.
Contractor
Operations Loan Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Working for the bank as an employee meant to fill the seats until an objective is met. That said, it would seem that they treat the actual employees very well.
Brutal soul sucking place to work
Dev Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 28, 2018
I was in the Cary center for four years and it has progressively gone from bad to terrible . Management is not technical and it is pure politics at the D level and above.

Bonuses are gone for AVP and below, and VP bonuses are a joke(if you even get one).

This was once a good place to work that compensated you well for the amount of BS you had to put up with. Morale is at an all time low and attrition is very high. The Cary tech center is treated as the red headed step child of the NY and London offices. London and NY treat you terrible, give you unattainable assignments, while cutting funding and head count.

Most everyone that can leave has left or is actively looking. Unfortunately those that are H1B are forced to stay as they have little options elsewhere.

It is a nightmare to work at DB and any applicants should think long and hard before joining.
Pros
Four weeks vacation
Cons
Management, layoffs, hiring freezes, morale, old technology, job satisfaction
Deutsche Bank over extended itself globally
Vendor Analyst & Performance Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2018
DB overextended itself globally in my time with the bank.
The work culture had disintegrated enormously during my tenure with the bank. I enjoyed my position but there was no room to move up in my last role and the team I was apart of.
Work Life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
The bank does provide opportunity for work life balance. Decent number of vacation days, mobility oppotunity. Too many changes in management resulting in low moral and people not willing to take responsibility to make decision to act.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
politics
Director was terrible.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Director was terrible. He did not manage well,. Very prideful and arrogant. Didn't understand the work environment in the United States as he was from the United Kingdom.
Very busy, lots going on at once
Senior Business Analyst - Regulatory Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Very busy, lots going on at once. Everyone is very busy and productive and also supportive of the overall effort. Needs more work on the work / life balance area.
Fast Pace
Internal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2018
Great work environment in the office. Co workers are always there to help. Team work is always there. Business with high expectations from all employees.
enjoyable
Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 20, 2018
Haven't worked there in years, but my experience was enjoyable. I felt like a valued team member and thoroughly enjoyed working with my superiors. I understand assimilating into a large corp. can be tough, but I feel DB handles it well.
Pros
Support from sr. mgmt
Cons
long NY hours
Dont work in CDS
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Whatever you do ... Dont work in CDS...
its like Junior high. Micromanaging is the name of the game .
Nobody minds their own business.
Fake , passive agressive, PC culture
poor leadership
Low Moral
Everything good before went down
QA Automation Architect (VP) (Former Employee) –  Exchange Place Jersey City NJSeptember 13, 2018
,Nothing to complain but job security if you aware about latest companies development....

My management was reasonable and relaxing

Bu everything is relative