Deutsche Post & DHL

United States32 reviews

Clear

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,085 reviews

Way too much Micro Management and Poor Planning

Overall great company, claim one of biggest in the world and that's due to employees but a lot of internal issues and very outdated systems and equipment. If you are fatigued and ask to be sent home early it counts against you and same or worse if you stay on, lose lose scenario. Management lacks communication, majority of time nothing is preplanned always firefighting and figure it out as you go. Too much micro management and moving people around where productivity time is lost. Backstabbing culture and instead of improvising as needed always blaming others. While thing can be from other shifts but just fix or correct the actions. Nothing is automated and they still operate in the late 90s to early 2000s.

March 30, 2022
Dear colleague,Thank you for sharing your opinion about your experience working as an Operations Supervisor in your Los Angeles branch.We appreciate your recognition of DHL as a great company to work, this is indeed due to our great team of dedicated and hard working employees. As a Supervisor, you have partaken in the decision-making process and have a key role to set an example of supportive and respectful approach towards your team. Your efforts in this direction make a huge difference when it comes to being a Great Place to Work. We count on you to keep up this great work, and to continue inspiring your peers and colleagues.All the best in your future projects and tasks,Your Deutsche Post & DHL Team

Fun team, boring work

I worked in a distribution center. We had a big team and we were more than just colleagues. I had fun to go to work because of the people. The work itself was boring.

December 16, 2021
Hello,Wow - thank you for such a positive review! It's great to see that you have loved your time with DHL and especially the colleagues and environment. This is what we want to be: an Employer of Choice and a Great Place to Work for everyone!Please check out recently updated career website for the newest vacancies in your area: https://careers.dhl.com/global/enAll the best to you and your loved ones,Your Deutsche Post & DHL Team

Deutsche Post & DHL insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Fun to work for

Work Life is Balanced.Management and Leadership Style is Target driven and focussed on Culture and values.Transparency is Highly appreciated , together with Team work.

May 17, 2021
Dear colleague, Wow! Thanks a lot for your amazing review and the feedback you have provided! It is always nice to receive input from someone in a leadership role. Please keep that spirit up, embodying our company values in the most positive way – and remember #AllAsOne! All the best to you and your loved ones in Bonn,Your Employer Branding Team

People centric company

Even working on a remote basis you can get a good sense of the DHL culture. A meeting heavy culture, but they are very collaborative which is a good thing.

Pros

The friendly team. They have invested in their technology platform, which helps you do your job better.

Cons

A lot of meetings..

June 1, 2021
Dear colleague,Thank you for giving us a 4-star rating and for sharing your input! Working in Global HR, you can really see that DHL is a people-centric company - whether it's for our customers or our employees. We are very grateful that you have made this point so clearly visible to any new job seeker out there! Also, thank you for pointing out our technological advancements. We are very proud of all our internal platforms, whether it's for growth and development, HR, Finance, or other internal processes. They make our life much easier.You're right that there may be a few meetings these days, but that has been condensed by the COVID 19 pandemic. Our focus has always been on team spirit and trying to maintain that while our office staff transitioned to working from home.  We thank you for all your past work and hope you remain part of our big yellow family for many more years to come!Your Employer Branding Team

Dhl

Great place to work and great people! Great opportunities with DHL to travel and learn new skills.i have met some of the best people I have ever known here.

Industry leader and a true international organization

Great organization with great people and commitment to creating value for customers, employees and shareholders. This is a truly international company with great opportunity for growth and learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deutsche Post & DHL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Deutsche Post & DHL.
Powered byComparably
  • Deutsche Post & DHL
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?