Developmental Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

not a good job to work at
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 12, 2019
the job don;t pay enough you work 108 hours they will take 8 of those hours is over time.the 100 hours are regular hours.no holiday pay.very stressful job they have the worse clients and you work alone with 3 guys.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
no off days
Growing Company with Great Benefits
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Washington, INJanuary 9, 2019
Working with the mentally and physically disabled is a very rewarding job. DSP work is hard but the clients make it worth. I always leave work feeling satisfied and fulfilled. You get paid more on the weekends which makes it easier, I've never had that before. The benefits are amazing (especially in this day in age). Health benefits start at 30 hours a week. Full time employees get cheap vision, dental, and health insurance. I pay half of what I paid on my old job insurance.
Pros
Cheap health insurance and benefits, satisfying work, paid more on weekends
Cons
DSP work can be difficult at times
Hard company to work for
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 6, 2018
The clients are great. Management on the other hand has something left to be desired. There is a huge disconnect between the people working in the field and those that are in the office. It is almost two different businesses. They have a ton of rules and policies that they rarely follow. They apply only when someone in higher management wants them to. If you have a connection you will be fine but if you are not connected watch out. The pay is horrible and is the lowest of all companies in the area providing the same services. Management has no idea what is going on with staff or the homes. DSI has to be your life. There is no balance with family and socializing. Staff is not treated well, appreciated or recognized. This is a huge company and management will barely know your name.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Everything else
Unpleasant work environment, low wages
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 29, 2018
Management plays favorites and fully misrepresented the company in the interview. They advertise that they pay $11 hour but in small print they say that pay is on the weekends and through the week the pay is $9.50 hour. Poverty wages compared to all the responsibility they put on you.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, low wages, false advertising
Fast paced company
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INFebruary 27, 2017
Constant changes with no promise of advancement or raise in pay. Unrealistic expectations and goals that could not be met during normal working hours.
Cons
no luch
Okay work environment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Madison, INDecember 21, 2016
I enjoy the work here, I enjoy being around the clients. I really want to stay in the environment of helping others. I just need something with better hours.
very rewarding
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INDecember 20, 2016
second shift work to third shift work. very thoroughly trained. paid training. hardest part is behaviors or elopement. easiest is med passes and housework
Pros
training and experince
Cons
drama hours
Overall unsatisfactory
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INNovember 10, 2015
I loved the clients and my immediate co-workers. We worked well together but our supervisors and other management were not supportive and ignored the client's needs quite frequently.
Pros
Great clients, never a dull moment
Cons
Unsupportive supervisors and bad pay
Wonderful staff and great place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 7, 2015
Processing information specific to the finance department databases, maintaining account and client information, resolving and reporting errors and inconsistencies, keeping records, files and proofreading reports, collecting and maintaining accuracy regarding monthly audits along with any other special projects requested by the department.

I learned may key Accounting skills
Management was very down to earth and were always there to help in any way
My co-workers were great friends we all worked well together as a team
The hardest part of the job was leaving all the friends I had made when I moved away
The most enjoyable part of this job was learning something new everyday
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
No medical insurance