Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Collaborative work environment
Group Home Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJAugust 7, 2018
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is a friendly place to work. The staff works together to meet the day to day needs of those who have intellectual disabilities. I enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Opportunity to work overtime
Like any other job
Lead Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJAugust 4, 2018
I love my job here until my last supervisor started. I worked as a Lead. There was good day and buys day YOU MUST HAVE PATIENCE, nothing about this work is easy.
Loved this job
DIRECT CARE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2018
I loved helping the kids with independent skills, talking with them and families. The hardest part is when they turn 18 and they have no idea where they are going.
Not ideal work environment
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Red Hook, NYAugust 1, 2018
The culture at Devereux NY is unfortunate, consisting of staff who are ill equipped to effectively meet the demands of a tough stressful job. Management is equally bad, and campus is severely understaffed, resulting in staff picking up 20+ hours of overtime weekly, in addition to being frequently mandated to work shifts they did not sign up for. The poor work environment creates a high turn over rate, so Devereux is constantly under staffed and therefore less picky about who they hire, which only makes the situation worse.
Pros
Experience working in my field of interest
Cons
inadequately trained staff
Great experience
Assistant Auditor (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJJuly 30, 2018
Staff at devereux was the most welcoming and caring place to come in to work for each day. Everyone looked out for one another. I never had a better work experience and would recommend them to anyone.
Stressful and overwhelming
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJJuly 29, 2018
This job has its moments but the work you do takes a toll on you. The clients get aggressive and the training they teach you does nothing. There are laid back moments but when the clients go off, good luck. All I can say is if you really want to work here, don't go in thinking the clients are sweet and innocent because you will get hurt. Now for the management, like many other places they don't care about you. Do your job right, don't break your back for them, and go home at the end of your shift. Oh! There's another thing! If someone calls out and they can't find someone to cover that shift. Whoever is working will end up getting stuck to work a double. That's something else to consider before working here.
Pros
Free food, laid back time
Cons
Behaviors, hard work
Productive but very stressful
Direct Care Profession (Former Employee) –  Rutland, MAJuly 26, 2018
Taking clients to school,
transportation,
It is cultural diversified group
Clients attacking staff verbally and physically.
Restraining clients where necessary.
Taking clients out for a program like shopping or movie show
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short break
Good company, some locations can be better managed
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Hills, FLJuly 25, 2018
Some of the sites can be better managed. Too many cliques. Some sites develop cultures which can take over and overwrite company policies. Hiring process and training delineates the company's policies and mission, however independent sites allow their developed cultures to take over.
Pros
Good benefits, many resources and opportunities for employees
Cons
Site management issues
My facility closed down
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 25, 2018
This company is a good company and I gained some knowledge from working there. They need a little more structure as far as management goes, but still the place ran somewhat smoothly.
Relaxing, but not much to do
Personal Attendant (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CAJuly 24, 2018
This is a chill job, but there isn't much to do. There are tasks to accomplish and interact with clients, but there is definitely a lot of off-time where you just sit around.
the most horrible place to work
case manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 24, 2018
Gossiping is most important than anything in the world for this people. Managers are more focus on destroying the employees than building them up. There is not support and as a matter of facts I was told “if you are not struggling you are not doing a good job” Leadership is below standards. The pay is the worse in comparison with other companies offering $4 more for the same position. Not pay Holidays and for example 4th of July,you can’t work because they are closed, and you will have to make your 40 hours during the rest of the week, otherwise they take it from your time off. which mean if in a week you only were able to work 32 hours, they will deduct 8 from your time off. Accumulating time off, to actually go in vacation, is mission impossible. If you don’t have a life, If you don't have a family of your own and, If you don’t mind to be treated like garbage, go ahead and apply for the job. I was advised not to work here but I didn't listen. Insurance is not affordable, at least not with what they pay
Pros
they have free life insurance iqual to our yearly pay
Cons
the whole company is a mess
Youth counselor
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLJuly 23, 2018
the work there can be stressful, due to the staff. Not the clients as much. The company could have better structure. It also needs to be more consistent with there policies.
Bad place to work.
Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 23, 2018
Terrible management and the local level. Clicks formed and made it impossible to get things done. Management never available and did not seem to care for the clients.
Pros
There are none
Terrible
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Glenmoore, PAJuly 22, 2018
terrible management, not effective environment for either staff or individuals, short staffed, low pay.

I would never recommend for anyone to work here. There is a very high turnover rate, for many very obvious reasons.
Very conducive working community
License/Certified Personal Care Home Administrator (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJuly 19, 2018
This company has a very conducive working environment. The culture is such that everyone knows everyone by name and always willing to help when you need one.
Unique experince
Dcp (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
Devereux is a unique opportunity to experience and get to know kids you might not get to meet in life . It's a challenging and strong job that you habe to be mentally n physically toigh to handle it .
Pros
The work with yoyr schedule if your in school.
Cons
Salary is low, no break, no paid time and a half on holidays
Challenging and rewarding
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Red Hook, NYJuly 16, 2018
My experience at Devereux taught me quite a bit. I had the opportunity to work with many different types of people and was lucky enough to make friends there.
Advancement avaliable
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
Devereux Florida Foster Care Program serves children in 35 counties throughout the state. Come with a good work ethic and goals, and advancement is attainable. Able to learn about mental and behavioral health and its effects on youth.
Working with the consumers is the best job ever
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 8, 2018
Working with the consumers and building wonderful relationships with the parents was all that mattered. Over the 12 years of working with Devereux the saddest moment was knowing I would never see the consumers again. There are a lot of things that should have been different but needless to say I enjoyed my 12 years there.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Rather not say
Life Changing work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CA 93117July 6, 2018
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health,

Was life changing for me. So many amazing hard working co workers who care about clients happiness and well being. Working with individuals with different abilities not only made me feel I was doing intentional work but also helped me to understand the professionalism and compassion needed to work in these environments.
Pros
life changing, compassionate
Cons
can be stressful, does take a lot of energy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight