Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Employee admin (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2018
I would never recommend anyone work here. The pay is awful, the upper level management are all friends and practice nepotism regularly and protect each other only. Work life balance is non existent.
Worst management EVER!!
Family Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 23, 2018
Your supervisor may have been working as a therapist for a few months more than you. NO management skills whatsoever. Turnover is ridiculous!!! Do not work for them, they are only interested in billable hours; not helping people.
Pros
Cons
Management and supervisors they know nothing!!
Horrible management poor patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 19, 2018
A condescending manager who leaves nurses to work 16+ hour shifts without relief. Do not request off when another employee does because it will not be granted or you will be written up for booking a vacation without prior approval even if it was months in advance. If you want to work for someone who will suck the life out of you, this is your place.
Pros
Free food, rewarding relationships with patients
Cons
Horrible management, no room for advancement.
Love working for Devereux
Program Manager Dually Served Youth and Families (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2018
While there are not many salary options and options for growing into a bigger salary, Devereux prides itself in being competitive with its salary options for each position. Devereux cares overall for employees, even if there is some difficulty with a manager.
Stressful place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Pascoag, RIApril 12, 2018
A typical day at work was stressful.
I learned that I could learn from our residents.
The management was not supportive.
The employees worked together to do the best we could with few resources.
The hardest part of the job was mandatory overtime, having to constantly restrain the residents, having to restrain resident for an extended period of time until support arrived.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The working conditions
great
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 5, 2018
devereux was a great work environment. friendly staff and i loved working with the kids. there was some catty relationships but mediations were always welcome
Politics as usual
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLApril 5, 2018
Don’t work here unless you know how to play the game. People appear nice and cool but will stab you in the back for a step up. The rules are called guidelines so they have discretion to blame you if something they let slide goes wrong.
decent job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  VeiraApril 3, 2018
Decent job for people with a lot of patients. If you like working a lot the overtime is there, but the clients are hard time deal with some times.Apply if you want.
It's a great place to work. Staff and clients become family.
RN (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 3, 2018
It's a great place to work. Staff and clients become family. Sometimes the days are really busy and hectic and sometimes they're not. You watch children mature and can really see them be productive citizens.
Intense.
Clinician - Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rutland, MAMarch 31, 2018
Working at Devereux was intense. The clients were fun to work with and ground staff was amazing. The work environment was stressful and lacking support from leadership. Some situations were not carefully investigated and staff needed more reassurance and support from team leaders. The organization does care for its clients but could do well balancing client reports and staff issues.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care
Our clients were always important to me.
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed working with the autistic clients. They used to call me grandmom. I miss them alot. The insurance companies are dictating the rate. The budget for the year is very important for the managers, supervisors, and upper management.'
Pros
Family emergencies were very important at devereux
Cons
The job was very stressful.
overworked , underpaid. need ot to make ends meet
Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Hook, NYMarch 22, 2018
Just a job. If you can put up with it you can just get by if you work OT. Benefits are ok, but fairy expensive probably due to the high incidence of work related injury.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
aggressive clients
The people are great here.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 21, 2018
The people are great. The schedule is felexable.The job as full time or part time hours. The people here are willing to help you out if you need help.
Pros
The people or great
Cons
Short breaks
Very stressful unsafe environment, poor management
Payroll and Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 15, 2018
I absolutely would NOT recommend this position or this facility for employment. Kids with serious behavioral issues keep you always looking over your shoulder to make sure you stay safe while you are trying to do this stressful position.
Huge turnover here.
Pros
No pros to this position or facility
Cons
Huge turn over due to stress, under paid staff.
Intern (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 15, 2018
The mission is great and the employees care. The culture is fast paced. I would recommend this company to anyone pursuing a healthcare career. The benefits are great too.
Pros
employees
Cons
Productive and fast paced environment
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 14, 2018
Working at Devereux helps to build team work as working together is a must to complete everyday work task for patients. Following directions and safety procedures is a must.
Poor management
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 14, 2018
The benefits were great but the management was terrible. They kept adding more to the already completely unmanageable workload. My co-workers were wonderful but there were some other colleagues that were very unprofessional.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no raises, poor management, unrealistic work loads
Very Stressful environment
Direct Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 12, 2018
It was very stressful and never a dull moment. Breaking up fights and the staff turn over was very high! I was burned out almost every week and the pay is not competitive to the risk as an employee.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Not enough staff and out of ratio when working on each shift with the children.
So Bad
direct care professional (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 9, 2018
Staff required to come in on days off, required to work over their scheduled hours, constantly assaulted with no support from administration, no breaks, can be alone being assaulted for extensive periods of time
Official response from Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
March 14, 2018

Thank you for your post. While we are saddened by your review, we appreciate your willingness to provide feedback. At Devereux, the safety of the individuals in our care, as well as that of our employees, is of the utmost importance. We are committed to providing a safe and positive work environment for our employees, and we are extremely focused on providing the best possible care to those who need our support. As such, we want to investigate any concerns or allegations, as soon as possible. Would you please provide us with more detail (including your name and center location) through our “Contact Us” page at www.devereux.org , so we can look into this matter further? Thank you.

Stressful, long hours, not worth the money
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Red Hook, NYMarch 8, 2018
The hours are long, and the pay is low compared to what you have to do. While the opportunity for overtime is always there, it's a stressful job. You have no work/life balance. There are some days that make it worth it, but those are few and far between. You are expected to do so much more than what you should for the pay, and you walk on eggshells wondering if you're going to get fired. The turnover for staff is very high, and it is always understaffed.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner, benefits, lots of time off benefits
Cons
Little to no breaks, understaffed, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight