Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Gotta be in it for the mission
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMay 23, 2018
At Devereux mission is fundamental since they can't provide competitive pay. If you enjoy helping others and don't mind the pay gap, this is definitely the place for you. I worked a few locations and some HR offices are much better than others by leaps and bounds.
flexible schedule, good pay rate
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Rutland, MAMay 22, 2018
Devereux is a great place to work and balances home/work life appropriately.
Great co-workers and supervisors.
Pay rate is comparable to most LPN salaries.
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule as needed
Cons
working with youth sometimes can be taxing... must take time for self regulary
Interesting
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMay 17, 2018
It was like a family once you got a chance to know the people that you were working with. We all looked out for on another. Management seemed to forget that at one time they also started as DCP's.
Fun and great learning opportunities aboust disabilities
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 14, 2018
Can get injured on the job
Get to do a bunch of recreational things with individuals
Depending what time you work day goes by pretty quick
Behaviors can be hard to deal with at first until you know more about individual
Great place to meet new friends
Good place for benefits
Overtime always available
Can be stressful at time
Pros
Good benefits, overtime always available
Cons
Not enough pay for what you have to deal with
Positive
Direct Care Professional/ Consultant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 13, 2018
Everything here is wonderful. Very positive place to be and work. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Great place to advance in your career. Positive work life.
Pros
Overtime
Life Coach (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 13, 2018
This is a great place to work as well as obtain the experience you need to further your career. Management is great to work with and is very supportive.
Be prepared to work with children from dcs and mental health issues
BHT (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 12, 2018
So my days I’m at work I am always doing something such as tracking kids points for the clinical team and management going over what the kids mood and goals are teaching the kids new things that they might not know. The kids have had rough lives before going to rtc so it’s important to learn from your team and kids about them as a whole. Not all the dorms run the same and say good bye to weekends your sleep and your life due to working 16 hours. This can be stressful due to kids having bad days but if you communicate with your team you can overcome the obstacles. We use a lot of positive behavior strategies such as stingers some kids still have trouble and can be rude about it or try to take advantage be assertive in a professional way. We follow a schedule for the kids here and is consistent. Overall the company will give you experience if you are willing to learn and be a team player who loves to work with kids.
Pros
Free lunches and pay is better than most and health insurance
Cons
Long hours no more personal free time
Poorly Run Facility
Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 12, 2018
Devereux is an ‘idea’ of a great foundation. The system they have in place makes sence, teaching positive behaviors using positive behavior reinforcement. My experience working there was a joke. The kids were great but harsh at times witch is to be expected. The lack of staff was causing them to be the ones who ran the place. There was much talk of good full time staff being let go, and it was clear that it was true. The area/Dorm I worked on had all new staff therefore there was a huge lack of training and I was thrown in to run this area alone. No matter what I said I just couldn’t seem to get enough support. Staff blamed the children for what I was experiencing rather that owning up to the fact that there was a lack of staff and that upper management needed to be working the floor along side me and other new staff to get the place under control. Upper management was extremely petty when I came to them with my concerns. Breaks were non existent, even a bathroom break was nearly impossible to get. Rather than someone stepping in they would ask you to wait for staff to return. I was hardly in ratio. One morning on my double shift I was the only staff for 13 kids and staff was being rotated on my dorm to help, causing a stressful and confusing work environment. When that staff member would leave I was not told they wouldn’t be coming back and was sent another staff member, still remaining out of ration my whole first shift. Upper staff took my concerns personally, laying guilt trips on me for feeling unsupported. I felt insulted by them. When I had concerns about leaving the  more... job I wasnt responded to. As much as I hated leaving those kids I just could not go back and continue to work that way.  less
Pros
Free meals, helping adolescents, tons of overtime
Cons
Management, lack of staff, huge turnover rate, Paperwork overload
Devereux NY CARES mt Kisco NY- stepping stone job- pun intended
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYMay 12, 2018
The work is rewarding, clients and most teachers are amazing people. some teachers will step on their staff members to get ahead. Admins plays favorites and it is made very obvious that they are doing so. Director of education is very rude to the staff she does not clique with and makes it known.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication, favoritism, politics
Stressful workplace but very worth it
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 30, 2018
This isn't a job for those feint of heart - your patience will be tested and you will put your blood, sweat and tears into these clients livelihood. But after all of it, and the days you want to go home pulling your hair out you'll see them smile at you and your heart will be so full, you'll never imagine doing anything else with your life but helping them.
Pros
Free meals, Paid time off, Bereavement time off, Health care
Cons
Low pay, Miscommunication with Administration, Scheduling troubles
Very Busy but rewarding at times
Family Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2018
Your day can start in the office, court, or home visits. There is always something to do, always something you need to do. Easy to feel overwhelmed. Leadership exists but they are not great at giving you support. The hardest part of the job is not necessarily getting along with others but having to hear about the difficulties children face in the foster system.
Pros
peers are there for help and support
Cons
stressful, high paced
Great
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 26, 2018
Good environment. You will meet a lot of good people while working there. You will go home with a feeling of accomplishment from working with the clients.
Starter Job
Program Supervisor / Training in Manager Tasks (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 25, 2018
Working for the company is hard but very rewarding. I would have stayed if they would have giving me the promotion that i deserved but the schooling was the issue.
Don't work here
Employee admin (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2018
I would never recommend anyone work here. The pay is awful, the upper level management are all friends and practice nepotism regularly and protect each other only. Work life balance is non existent.
Worst management EVER!!
Family Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 23, 2018
Your supervisor may have been working as a therapist for a few months more than you. NO management skills whatsoever. Turnover is ridiculous!!! Do not work for them, they are only interested in billable hours; not helping people.
Pros
Cons
Management and supervisors they know nothing!!
The clients were AWESOME
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAApril 23, 2018
Use to be a great place to work. The culture and management lack sensitivity training and cultural awareness. Don't have a sense of loyalty and trust
Pros
Clients
Cons
Horrible management poor patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 19, 2018
A condescending manager who leaves nurses to work 16+ hour shifts without relief. Do not request off when another employee does because it will not be granted or you will be written up for booking a vacation without prior approval even if it was months in advance. If you want to work for someone who will suck the life out of you, this is your place.
Pros
Free food, rewarding relationships with patients
Cons
Horrible management, no room for advancement.
Love working for Devereux
Program Manager Dually Served Youth and Families (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2018
While there are not many salary options and options for growing into a bigger salary, Devereux prides itself in being competitive with its salary options for each position. Devereux cares overall for employees, even if there is some difficulty with a manager.
Stressful place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Pascoag, RIApril 12, 2018
A typical day at work was stressful.
I learned that I could learn from our residents.
The management was not supportive.
The employees worked together to do the best we could with few resources.
The hardest part of the job was mandatory overtime, having to constantly restrain the residents, having to restrain resident for an extended period of time until support arrived.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The working conditions
great
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 5, 2018
devereux was a great work environment. friendly staff and i loved working with the kids. there was some catty relationships but mediations were always welcome

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight