Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Disappointing
IT (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2019
I loved the people I worked with and the pay was great. Everything else was disappointing, especially management and company direction. Devon could not weather the oil downturn like other companies.
Poor management and very political
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, OKApril 8, 2019
When I first started and for the first 2-3 years I loved my job. I had a good boss, no micro managing, great benefits and a real employee and family feel. Toward the end and leading up to the lay off the benefits where being cut yearly, no bonuses, no raises very poor management.
Downsizing
Land Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 31, 2019
Downsizing and being early retired is not a good experience; could have accomplished same goal by letting people chose to retire and consider the needs of the employees. .
Pros
work / family life balance
Cons
Assistant production foreman/lease operator (Former Employee) –  Seagraves, TXMarch 30, 2019
Working T Devon was like working with family, everyone was super nice from the CEO down to the newest employee and everyone was always willing to help a co worker
Nepatisam
Well Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMarch 27, 2019
Family members got the good jobs, back stabbing every time you turn around, was told by supervisor to change consultant firms and when I did my job ended, I was told the job ended but later found out I was let go because I changed consulting firms.
Pros
OK Pay
Cons
No management support
Received many opportunities for advancement
Sr. Geological Technician V (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 26, 2019
I had to relocate, otherwise I would have never left Devon. Was a great place to work and I advanced quickly due to many opportunities given to me. They were fair and taught me all the basics for my new career as a Geotech.
Get ready for an adventure
PRIMARY LEASE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXMarch 26, 2019
The fun never stops at Devon. Depends on what u call fun. Lots of work, great pay and compensation though. It can be a stressful job at times but that’s the oilfield.
Good Company
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 25, 2019
All companies have positives and negatives. Devon is no different. They are internally focused and don't always see things as they are seen from an external viewpoint.
Productive and fun place to work
IT Support - EndPoint Mobility SCCM Admin (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2019
All groups I've been a part of have a family feel and everyone works great together. Great team work environment and diverse groups. Always able to find someone to help answer questions or assist.
Wonderful Operator
Lead Analyst - IT Engineering & Analytics (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Devon and the people I worked with. The quality of work opportunities are excellent.. The facilities and benefits are outstanding.
Enjoyed working there for my entire career
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2019
This is an excellent company to work for. They have a very good work life balance, and is very competitive with total compensation across the industry.
Great place to work but has it’s flaws.
Gas Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 17, 2019
The culture and leadership has taken a dive the last 3 years but still a great place to work. Opportunities to advance are few and far between if you aren’t one of the “chosen” ones.
Corporate Culture was venomous
Master Data Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMFebruary 14, 2019
The Corporate Culture for Devon was venomous and cut throat. My last supervisors that I had moved up from different positions and they used to be kind men and then their attitudes changed very significantly and became very arrogant and didn't even acknowledge me as a team member or communicate with me. Other then the pay I wouldn't recommend Devon Energy as a Company to work for unless your willing to play the Corporate games.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list
Wonderful place to work with great pay and personalities
Production and completions consultant (Former Employee) –  South Powder River BasinFebruary 3, 2019
Devon Energy is a great place to work with great people. Engineers are time efficient with procedures and work with you if there needed to be any changes. The management team are full of good people and are always willing to work with you and offer any help when it was needed.
Pros
14 days on and 14 days off was the perfect schedule.
Cons
no complaints
A great place to work but very unstable industry
Scrum Master & Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 17, 2019
Overall, I loved working at Devon. I would return if I had the chance. Daily activities were as expected, and it was a great environment. There were great community service opportunities. Devon does offer severance pay, which is great given the volatility of the oil and gas industry.
Pros
pay, benefits, time off, schedule
Cons
volatile industry, IT first to be let go
Great company
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 6, 2019
DEVON was a great place to work treated people great unfortunately my asset was sold but no hard feelings good pay great environment good atmosphere just a fantastic company
Management changes make moral low
Structural Geologist- Reservoir Technology Group (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 16, 2018
Devon was an excellent place to work, but the new management has driven down stock price with little reward for the stock buy back.
In addition, the new management promotes unhealthy competition, secrecy and squashes open communication.
Fine
Rocky Mountain Business Unit team member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 16, 2018
It was a short internship. I enjoyed my experience. It was during the down turn so the environment was stressful. This was no fault of the company. Would work there again
Good Life Balance
Sr. SAP HCM System Analyst (Application Services (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2018
The team at Devon Energy is pretty awesome, they are very professional, cooperative and very passionate. They are flexible with employees and the management listens to the employees. Overall very good work culture and good work and personal life balance.
Review about Devon
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 11, 2018
Great benefits and comp but no work/life balance. My duties included:
 Managing the implementation of the largest and most critical program, which includes implementing an integrated solution replacing disparate systems used today for Geosciences application, saving Devon $2MM per year.
 Facilitated an attack team for the Capital Cost Reduction initiative, leading the team to a potential gross savings of $9.7 million.
 Develop a Benefit Realization process for PMs to manage the program and project budgets against delivered and realized benefits.
 Facilitated executive meetings, defined critical action plans and managed strategic level initiatives identified by this team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight