DeVry University Employee Reviews

Found 1,077 reviews matching the search See all 1,091 reviews
place sucks
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 20, 2019
the school closed on me before i could finish my major and closed the dorm which was the only way I was able to go there. So i got screwed over by devry because they felt the dorm was not worth the trouble and instead of just not admitting any more people then closing it after the dorm students graduated they screwed us all. Thanks devry
Pros
nothing
Cons
everthing
a typical day at work
Technical Support Specialist II (Direct Hire) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2019
-Everyday I can learn something new and challenging
-Workplace culture is good
-Flex works
-Team work
-Nice commute
-The most enjoyable part of the job to meet with variety of people (professor, students, and colleagues from different campuses)
Awesome place to work
OPERATIONS SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2019
This was one of my best jobs! I left for personal reasons that had nothing to do with the company or the employees. I really liked working there; the compensation was great, the benefits were amazing, PTO, 401k, stock investments and more. The added bonus was the enivorment was not stressful at all and the Dean and employees were a blast to work with.
Cons
Lack of interaction with students.
High-pressure sales environment, with lots of potlucks
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 7, 2019
High focus on student service and production (enrollment). Rewarding but stressful expectations. Typical day includes making on average 75+ outbound calls and servicing prospective students on selecting their best-suited career path and program. Early mornings, late evenings, and tons of overtime encouraged and offered.
Pros
Potlucks, professional networking opportunities, colleague tuition benefit, good health insurance
Cons
Office politics & "playing favorites", unrealistic performance expectations, too many required initiatives at a given time.
Academic Advisor (Military Enrollment Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2019
Awesome management, great leadership and team environment.

Note: Entry level position that requires Bachelors Degree. However, compensation is not what one would expect at that level, especially considering the amount of revenue the employees produce for the company.
non traditional college setting
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2019
This was a non traditional college setting. I feel that the system was too robotic. I did not feel that one could bring any creative ideas to the program to make the system less robotic.
Pros
Small classes
Cons
system too robotic
Standard library with tutoring services.
Computer Information Systems Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 21, 2019
Laissez faire management with poor onboarding and training. No supervision. Lack of direction and management. Easy to get hours. A lot of free time. Access to wifi internet. Take mostly walk-ins. Some scheduled appointments. Mostly regulars. Lack of coverage in several subjects. We make due with what we got.
Pros
Wifi, free time.
Cons
Boring.
A typical day
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR/ HIGH SCHOOL TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2019
Admissions at DeVry was a good position- DeVry offers several relevant career options and an advanced pace, allowing students to graduate and start their career sooner.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Cost of Tuition
Flexible and Honest Work Environment
Online Chat Representative Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Typical day: Largely the same, not too many surprises
Learned: Had some valuable skills I could learn if I took the time, free online courses.
Management was responsible.
DeVry
Academic Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 4, 2019
I don't have much to say about DeVry. I met some great people and the work was fun...but I needed to find a job that paid me a little more money. That is all I have to say about DeVry.
Great Coworkers
Registrar Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 29, 2019
Life long bonds are created while assisting advisors and colleagues. The bond is based on a common desire to help students. The work from home perk is great on cold days.
Pros
discount tuition
Cons
a lot of layoffs due to low enrollment
Typical work place
Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 29, 2019
For some people it was the perfect working place , for other it was not. Work place favoritism was obvious and good people decided to leave and move on
No job security and poor management
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2019
Regular layoffs. Top level management was not only poorly skilled they were deceitful. The local campus manager was not equipped for the job. She cried at meetings and accused staff of maligning her.
Amazing Company to work
Student Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 23, 2019
Had lot of benefits including flex work where you can work from home. It gives lot of benefits and works with employee for promotion as well as career advancement.
Very productive
New Student Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJanuary 23, 2019
Learned a lot on housing and Financial Aid management was very informative and update with program changes
I enjoyed working with students and professers.
Pros
School Events
I miss working here
Faculty Associate and Mastery Teaching (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2019
I taught first year physics under a mastering teaching program It was a lot of fun I can't think of one thing that was negative about DeVry. Great School
Pros
flexible hours
Fast paced environment
Student Support Advisor I (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 21, 2019
I've worked for DVU for a few months. Training is comprehensive and you must be a self starter and quick learner to thrive in this department. Typical day involves daily contact with student to review finances and academics to make each one successful in obtaining their degrees.
Pros
helpful colleagues
Very fast paced
Student Health Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 15, 2019
Very fast paced during open enrollment. I learned different roles while employed at DeVry. The hardest part of the job was experiencing students who were enrolled but couldn't complete their degree for lack of financial aid.
Good Place, but no stability
ACADEMIC ADVISOR II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
The management genuinely cared. I always felt heard and that my ideas and suggestions mattered to my manager. I also felt like everyone had an opened door policy. The problem was that there were always mass layoffs so people were afraid consistently about their jobs.
Pros
Really great people
Cons
The mass Layoffs
Excellent university to work with. Very good curriculum, vast knowledge potential for students.
Visiting Professor-College of Health Sciences (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 10, 2019
I would highly recommend DeVry University. The student learning and faculty training is in-depth and from this training I was able to matriculate into the learning environment easily. The university is modern, very clean, and provides all of the necessities for students.
DeVry has a culture of caring for the student and faculty. They provide special meals and snacks on occasion throughout the semester. The students are very engaged and contribute to their learning experience.
Pros
Great work place.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss