DeVry University

DeVry University insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun to work a part time

Management wasn't around for them to see the work you would do and how well or bad you would do. Supervisor was very nice and understanding, she would try to get part time employees more hours

Pros

Fun enviornment to work very nice and polite

Cons

Not much opportunity to grow

Great organization

I would highly recommend this company. Great benefits and plethora of room for growth. Good stability and has a lot to offer. Some of the managers do need more coaching.

Leadership is lacking

Leadership wasn't involved much. My direct manager didn't take the time to build a rapport with his staff. He micromanaged. The organization as a whole is fairly good but they need a change in leadership drastically. There were some managers who were pretty good.

Official response from DeVry University

March 17, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We would like to hear your feedback on how we can improve at DeVry University. Please feel free to reach out to us at Talent_Acquisition@devry.edu. Your insight is valuable to us as we continue to create a positive environment for our colleagues.

Working for DeVry offers a high percentage of advancement, for employees who are dependable, with good work ethics.

I recommend DeVry to those who have a customer service driven personality, along with those interested in having A career within the Educational field. DeVry University provides a diverse, rewarding atmosphere, with many benefits. Truly, a great place to work!

Review summary

the work that we do is meaningful, helping students get into school is great. The work environment is toxic and management is incompetent, but the pay and benefits is phenomenal.

Official response from DeVry University

March 29, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear this was your experience working at DeVry University. We encourage you to reach out to us with any additional feedback you can share. Please email us at Talent_Acquisition@devry.edu.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Fun and casual workplace with flexibility for work hours

At DeVry I was able to work around my class schedule and requested off-days. It's a small school and has a close-knit, cooperative environment, so it was a pleasure to work there.

Federal Student Worker (FSW) - Help-Desk Support

...working at a Technology University was exciting as it was my first introduction to Information Technologies and Systems. I learned more than I needed too and could possibly absorb at the time. From learning about from what Tier 1 to Tier 4 support and getting a basic understanding was incredible and so motivating. I also learned web design which made the journey open my eyes to the multitude of different programming languages out there both UI/UX. Being in such a small class environment really made for a focused learning student culture and being first line of support for staff and students.

Pros

Pizza Thursdays

Cons

Was not Full-Time as Entry Role

Unstable

Employees expect to get fired at any time. No management support. But the pay is good. Co-workers were really nice. Unstable company right now. Good Luck!

Structure made up of mostly visiting professors

Structure made up of mostly visiting professors. Class and management structure constantly changing. Class scheduling issues. Overall still great fora remote part time role

Innovative, productive, work environment.

Innovative, productive, avid work environment. Employers are caring and provide timely, useful feedback for employees to grow. Self-help tools are also available for workers to enhance their knowledge.

Pros

The company continually deploys new, exciting technology in its environment.

Cons

Some people might find this endeavor to be frustrating. Not me, I love it.

Jobs at DeVry University

See more jobs

Great Place to learn, work and achieve

Nice opportunity to grow and succeed for professional relationships and manage a career. Life work balance as well as many more questions can be effectively answered by anyone that wants to.

Suitable for online learners

This is a privately held, for profit, university focusing on teaching students job skills in a primarily online environment. This a suitable option for deployed military personnel.

Great work life balance

Salary increases are based on the performance of the company. No matter how hard you work you get the same increase as the guy who did not work so hard. Love the work life balance and benefits.

Focused on all the wrong things.

The job slowly devolved from assisting students/parents in securing funding needed to get a degree to fielding requests from "students" who wanted nothing but refund checks. Admissions was under immense pressure to make their numbers so the routinely referred students who had no real interest or aptitude in attending college. The result was a majority of students who would take the minimum number of credits needed to max out their financial aid, fail those classes and call the financial aid office multiple times a day until they got their refund checks for "living expenses". Once they reached their aggregate limit for their Federal aid they would drop out. Trying to counsel students properly would result in complaints to management and from admissions. Find a real school to work for.

Work independently

Clear expectations of what I should be doing and how. Its great that the benefits and vacation time start day one! I make calls to perspective students. Not everyone is receptive but that's where my personality comes in!

Toxic

If I could hold a sign up front an warn you I would. Don't do it! There is no growth and Management is insane. There is no communication amongst leadership, there is a lot more I wish I could say but stay far away.

Management and staff were excellent

Management and staff were excellent people to work for and with at DeVry University. Good communication and interaction. Staff were nice and helpful.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Crowded courses with to many students in the online programs. Sometimes two courses

Very good place to work at. Teaching both onsite, and online.

I like it. It fulfills my teaching passion. I do enjoy interacting with students (undergraduate and graduate) whether onsite, or online setting. Plenty of Networking equipment to work with. Managers are great!

A fine place to work, but isn't recommended.

A typical day at work you would come in and go to where ever you are placed. The hardest part is being yelled at for doing your job or blamed something you didn't do. The most enjoyable part is being able to see students and help them along there way to becoming a college graduate. Since this is an online college you will not see many students. What I learned was to stand up for myself and not let myself be pushed around.

Good pay if you can get it

This is a for profit University, so the bottom line counts for everything. Some programs are better than others. Good pay, but turn around is high.The biggest problem here is job security from semester to semester, especially for adjunct staff.

Proud to work for DeVry

This is truly a great place to work. Strong leadership in place who have been very transparent through changes. This is a very collaborative environment where you work alongside many talented colleagues. You will work hard, have fun and gain a ton of knowledge and experience. The culture of care and Teach Values are echoed throughout the organization. Happy to be a part of an organization that values its colleagues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeVry University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight