Dewberry
62Average

Dewberry Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA44 reviews
Really good place to work made a lot of friends.
Started out as a Hand Drafter working with Repodigraphs on Mylar and went to school for AutoCad. The company switched over to Computer Drafting slowly.
Pros
Real good Boss and friend.
Cons
Salary was low paying.
I had a great experience as an intern
Other employees were wonderfully supportive and helpful, I learned a lot and wasn't given busy work, pay was good for an intern, projects were interesting and challenging, etc. The only thing I didn't like was that the manager was traditional in that he wanted everyone to be there from 8:30 - 5 every day (no flexibility in work time), otherwise it was wonderful.
Stay focused
My tip if you are new to or decide to be employed by Dewberry: Remain focused on your workload and responsibilities. In my personal opinion Dewberry is a great company but the management lacks leadership.
Everyone there is underpaid
Most employees that leave Dewberry got a substantial raise. Myself included. For performance reviews, Managers are taught to never give a high score. That is not hearsay, that is part of the performance review training.
Hardworking
I started my Career with Dewberry. I learned a lot in dewberry. I looked forward to working everymorning. there was never a dull moment. Fred Winters, My manager was an incredible person
Pros
work environment
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
n/a
It was a good place to work. The days were very busy from start to finish. Mostly all of the people were pleasant to work. The surrounding area was scenic, and fairly decent restaurants. The commute was long.
Cons
Commute
Great First Job
Great learning experience and exposure to projects. Challenging and collaborative work. Confusing path to advance. What the employer lacks in benefits, makes up for in career experience.
Pros
wide project variety, collaborative
benefits
A nice place to work. In 2018 they offer 52K, it is worth trying to get more. The annual increase is about three percent (3%). Your job experience is based on the quality of you supervisor.
Very enjoyable company to work for
I have been working for Dewberry for 20 years.the company gives me lots of hope and confident.As a seniority for the company I do not worry about the company as they take good care of the employees
Pros
Half an hour lunch
Cons
construction n company benefits .Flexible hour
Top 50 Firm, Below Average Pay
They get away with the fact they are a big name in the market and use it as an excuse to pay the employees below average wages. This leads to the high turnover rate within the middle management employees.
Great company with several branch offices
Dewberry offer a variety of work and the ability to travel with team members to go where the work takes you. Lots of company events bring the staff together and create an excellent work environment.
A decent, middle-of-the-road company with good intents
Dewberry is a decent company struggling with balance. Balance between very risk-averse ownership and more progressive, growth-oriented leadership from the c-suite. Balancing attracting and retaining talented professionals with a middle-of-the-road approach to most things (salaries, vacation, markets pursued, strategies, tactics). Balancing keeping salaries in the middle-band with retaining the rising mid-level technical staff -- the company lacks those in the 5-10 year experience range because more aggressive, progressive companies attract some of the company's best rising talents away. This is a good, decent company with real, earnest values - and they are struggling as they grow and acquire talent and companies to attain that growth. I hope they work to resolve their internal needs for improved growth-structure, care and well-being of their employees as professionals and people.
Pros
They believe in their norms and values (passion, integrity...); they aren't just fashion statements. Decent, earnest professionals work here; they often become real, non-work friends!
Cons
Lack of formal growth and progression steps for non-billable employees
A place to grow
In my time at Dewberry, I grew from a Cartographer to Quality Assurance Analyst while learning the many aspects of environmental engineering, flood insurance mapping and program management. I worked closely with engineers, hydrographers, CADD and digital drafting technicians to produce quality products for FEMA. In addition, I worked closely with my immediate supervisor to develope and institute guidelines specifications that helped streamline the mapping production process.
The hardest part of my job would have been getting the project managers to understand the time requirements of the quality review process; our times were often shortened to provide times in the other parts of the production process.

The overall work culture was pleasant, wth coworkers willing to help you understand their jobs/tasks and how each affected the other parts of the process. Therefore, the hardest part of my job was having to say goodbye to my coworkers as they left and saying goodbye at the time I left.
Pros
Great benefits, helpful administration staff, annual picnics and social events.
Cons
None, really.
OK place to coast, not a good place to start a career
The overwhelming opinion of IT at Dewberry is summed up in the word 'overhead.' You can pretty much only ever get promoted if someone leaves, dies, or you become so grossly over qualified that THEY expect you to quit otherwise.
HR makes it difficult to fire for incompetence, so some folks really just coast. Knowing this, management kind of assumes that everyone is coasting and doesn't give anyone credit for their achievements.
Fun work place
I worked in the environmental department under the transportation engineering division. I loved the work and the environment of the company was fun, collaborative and helpful.
Enjoyed career
Enjoyed my career at Dewberry, with all my co-workers I worked with and the people I worked for. Unfortunately there is no room for advancement when your in the Administrative field. They don't have any resources that promote this area and/or even discuss it with you.
Cons
No room for advancement, your reviews are very slow if given at all.
the environment is great, employees work as a one family.
Each day I went to job, I determined to learn something new. Construction is dynamic process. So expecting new things you are going to face, in a daily basis, is challenging and fun in the same time in my opinion.
Very knowledgable in the Engineering industry
Dewberry is a great company to work for if you have multiple years of experience. If you are not an Associate, there are no bonuses. Dewberry promotes teamwork, but doesn't compensate the worker bees that contribute to the success of the company and/or upper level Associates.
Fun Work Place
Dewberry allows you to explore your talents and furthermore they encourage you to do so. I've been working here at Dewberry going on three years now and I have no complaints. I am looking to build value to myself and learn new skills as I am continue to further my education.

Dewberry is a great company!
Pros
They do not micro manage
Cons
No advancement for my position
Nice environment
Nice place to work, all employees and the office manager, were always nice. I loved the schedule and all the people that work in this office were very professional
Pros
an hour break, fair enough
Cons
no complains
productive and friendly environment to accomplish your goals.
Dewberry is has a great productive and friendly work environment. Everyday one can learn different things in technology as you are expected to be on your toes. I am very lucky to have a very relax and friendly co-workers and managers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dewberry. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight