Dewey's Pizza Employee Reviews

Great place to work in food service
Server (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYMarch 3, 2018
A great team to work for. If I were wanting to continue to work in food service I would have never left. They use a team service format to serve the tables and it works great.
Pros
decent pay, team service, friendly staff
Cons
varying schedule, late nights and weekends
fast paced environment with good atmosphere to work in
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOFebruary 12, 2018
Dewey had a good balance between work and fun there was never a dull moment and when things got busy everyone plays a role in getting the task at had completed
Pros
free food for BOH
Cons
Hours
Fun and can be stressful
Kitchen Manager / Trainer / Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Fun work environment. Can be stressful during busy hours because it is a restaurant. Have nothing bad to say. Will help you develop and grow in the company and outside of work as well.
Growing company with excellent service
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Dewey’s is unlike any other pizza place you have ever dined at before. Dewey’s has very high standards and even higher expectations from their staff. Definitely learned a lot about the food service industry and gained a lot of hospitality experience.
Pros
Fun work environment, best pizza
Cons
Stressful at times, mostly 2nd shift hours
Great, professional environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2017
The people you work with at Dewey's are very friendly and professional. Managers place emphasis on each employee's growth and development in their position. Meetings before each shift update you on any menu changes and set the tone for what improvements can be made. Friendly competition is encouraged and often there will be rewards for highest sales on certain beers/wines or menu items. Shifts are typically 5-7 hours long. Dewey's is a team service restaurant so, while your tips come from one section, all the servers share responsibility for the entire restaurant, so you will be servicing tables and even taking orders for tables that aren't technically yours.
Productive fun place to work
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2017
I really loved the job a lot . It has its ups and downs but it's worth it. The people were really awesome and I'm glad that I got to work with them while I was there
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work place with great co-workers
Bartender, Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 30, 2017
Fun work place.
Busy atmosphere.
Quick paced.
Friendly environment.
Family oriented.
Second home nature.
Great tips for server/bartender.
Okay hours. Must be tight with management to receive more hours.
Pretty good place to work if you aren't sure where to go or what to do
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYNovember 23, 2017
By far the most professional (non-fine dining) kitchen I think I have seen or ever will see. I'm not saying people are prudes, in fact they're very open minded. The culture is honestly great. I think there is a lot of variety in culture and vision between each location, and depending on your plans and disposition, that may be a good thing or a bad thing.

If you are thinking about working in a kitchen, have little to know (or maybe a lot) of experience doing so, this is definitely a company worth checking into. Maybe not a huge resume builder, but I went here when I wasn't sure where I could go or what I could do, and it taught me a lot of personal and professional skills (both as a cook and as an individual) that I don't think I could have gotten elsewhere.
Pros
Fairly easy to get the shift you want, when I was there it was easy to pick up shifts, might still be easy to have shifts covered, does not have the usual "rough edges" many kitchens seem to have, almost everyone is open-minded and welcoming to their coworkers
Cons
Pay may not be so great (but this could have changed since I was there), kind of hard to get a handle on the company's vision since it varies by location, still would recommend
Review
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  University City, MONovember 12, 2017
Bad scheduling and Ethnicity problems worked as a topper and switched pizzas out of ovens, prep and closing duties were all part of tipping position.
Good restaurant, not enough management.
Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2017
Excellent ethics, good environment, quality product. Just need to pull their FOH managers from internal sources, and need to check their rapid expansion. They've outpaced their ability to provide good leadership through effective training and vetting.
Fast paced restaurant environment with convenient hours
Server (Current Employee) –  University City, MOSeptember 21, 2017
The business is incredibly fast paced. We utilize team service, so you become very close to your coworkers and form a cohesive group. Since this is gratuity based income, it can be relatively inconsistent, but you get out of it what you put in. I highly recommend this company for anyone interested in working in the restaurant industry. The benefits are fair, there is flexibility with hours, and the business hours are reasonable.
Pros
Discount on pizza
Cons
Inconsistent income
COOK (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 21, 2017
I worked as a cook at Dewey's for over a year and a half and it was an enjoyable experience. The people who work there are almost always very friendly and helpful. There are also good opportunities for advancement and raises happen based on skill instead of time.
Pros
Free pizza, good management, great pay
Cons
Can sometimes be stressful, sometimes not enough hours
Review
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 17, 2017
Fantastic culture promotes teamwork and development, but hard to take time off and upper management wasn't the best. Not much room for advancement. Nice hours for restaurant management, though.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Work nights/weekends
Family and team oriented Atmosphere
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2017
Great place to work in either front or back of the house. All different kinds of people working and getting along together. Fast paced but very fun and competetive wages.
Pros
good money
Cons
busy
Great Company
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 22, 2017
While it can be challenging to grasp the skills at first, the culture of Dewey's Pizza is fantastic and a great place for a part time job. Management is well trained.
Pros
free pizza
Straight up job offering multiple opportunities
Cook, Dishes (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2017
Pretty good job overall, reliable management, even if a little strict. Working back of the house is good and worth your time, and front of the house can earn you good tips.
Pros
Good pizza
Cons
Mean management.
Fun place to work with fun people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2017
Dewey's was a fun work experience for a first job. The people you work with are all very friendly. It is a relaxed environment but you are still expected to do your job and do it well.
Pros
good people, good music, fun environment
An fun place to work, but not for long
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYMay 12, 2017
I had a pretty enjoyable experience as a Server Assistant at Dewey's Pizza. It was a fun, if fast paced job, and I got good experience in the food industry. But as an SA, I felt pretty underconpensated. Definitely wasn't making a sustainable wage. But it was good for high school.
Pros
Fun, Good Management
Cons
Poor compensation, fast-paved
Great company, great people to work with.
Server Assistant, Server and PRN Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 5, 2017
Dewey's pizza has been the greatest part time job I could ask for while completing college. They work well with your outside life, and truly care about your successes.
Fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 23, 2017
Very fast paced which is to be expected in the serving industry. Fun coworkers and the management team is always looking out for your best interest. Learned how to up sale and multitask.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dewey's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight