Dexcom Employee Reviews

Killer Mission
Sr. Trainer / Interim Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 20, 2019
Working at Dexcom has been my greatest level of contribution in the corporate world, to empower people living with Type 1 Diabetes!

Where you really can make a positive impact working with all of the people using the Dexcom CGM, (Continuous Glucose Monitoring)
Pros
Meaning full contribution
Very controlling , judgemental environment
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2019
I worked there for 8 months. Worked everyday after a little, Saturdays became required. Which wasn't too bad but once you get wore out and tired. And decide to take off for physical health or family reasons you will be let go
Dexcom was an good company
Patient Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 8, 2019
It was great assisting people who needed the medical device we provided to improve their quality of life. Advising patients what would best be suited to match their medical condition often gave the ultimate satisfaction when those same people provided feedback that what you did saved their lives.
Medical Device Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Dexcom takes care of its employees. Everything is at your hand. To H-R to the cafeteria. Working here has taught me the importance of rules and procedures. I would recommend this job to everyone i know.
Pros
Well compensated
Cons
Long days
Runnnn while you can!!!
Patient Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2019
No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, its still a PIG. When you first start working for Dexcom they make you feel like you're truly making a difference in people's lives. You'll love what you for the first month. Due be ready for LOTS of change, and I mean change D A I L Y.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Great place to start your career
Engineering Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2019
Fast paced and innovative, Most of the people here are younger right out of college so a lot of enthusiasm and momentum. Not real big on acknowledging success.
NETWORK & APPLICATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Staff and management were great! They were constantly involved with our well-being and ensured the employees were treated properly, including any concerns that we may had.
Dexcom is an amazing place to work!
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Great organization! I would highly recommend Dexcom to professionals who are looking to be challenged and who are naturally driven individuals. This is a rewarding fast past environment!
Isr
Insurance Sales Representative, Eastridge staffing (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 6, 2019
Management lacks direction and is hyper focused on being the top Sales team but provides very little training or resources to teach how to do the job, employees are thrown into the deep end to sink or swim. Most coworkers are very friendly and easy to get along with and do their best to train while working to complete their own assigments. Overtime is plentiful and necessary to try to keep up with the work load unless you luck out and start with a small teritory to cut your teeth on.
Pros
good pay and bonuses
Cons
poor managment and uneven territory assignment
Reasonable pay rate but not a good job culture place
Senior Manufacturing/Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2019
The company provides very good health benefits and a reasonable salary in exchange for demanding workload and pure job culture. Lacking integration between managers and departments caused an unpleasant working environment here.
It's a position for the right person
Production Operator I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2019
As a production operator, a typical day working would be starting as early as 4AM in the morning and ending as early around 1:30PM or around 2PM in the afternoon.
I learned that the work environment is only fast-paced because co-workers would rush and push you. I learned within this "diverse" group that everyone could give you a cold shoulder and disrespect you. Whether that be verbally in another language, or straight up to your face with a hint of condescension.
Workplace culture is like family. However, because this diverse group has their ways, I did not want to mold in with them, because I do not want any part of them.
The first hardest part of the job was constantly working in a repetitive motion. The second hardest part of the job was that I started to see a certain buddy system that was working with each other to the point where it ran this department, to the point where a few genuine hard working individuals were not handed an opportunity in the department. The third hardest part of the job was the long hour and no room for growth in the company. It's a job to pay bills and accumulate income, but this lead to a no work-life balance and "crab-like" mentality.
The only thing I enjoyed working here is that I came across very few genuine co-workers who made my day easier. And the fact that what I was doing in my position was helping for those who are in need.
Pros
two ten minutes breaks, half hour lunch, free lunch sat or sun depending on work schedule, company's direction
Cons
temp to full time hire position, easily replaceable, no room for advancement, temps are not eligible for benefits
Great Experience
Data Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2019
I worked as a Data Intern for three months at Dexcom. Everyone there was passionate about their work and I would highly recommend interning their if given the chance.
Pros
Free lunches, great work environment, passionate coworkers.
Cons
Long work hours
Amazing Experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Loved working here. Although it is very high stress enviornment, they definitely make it fun. They care about their employees and their morale. They had many events to keep things boosted towards the end of the high stressed months. I honestly wish I could work here again but had to relocate due to family reasons. Great management and fantastic to see how much it has grown since I left.
Call Center
Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 16, 2018
This was just a job to get through until I finished school. It was a call center and I have heard from co-workers that this was not bad compared to others. In my opinion, I will never work in a call center again. This gave me the worst impression of what that life is about. I have never been more micro-managed in my life.
Pros
The people I worked with were nice
Cons
The management was a mess.
easy job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 13, 2018
line assembly is super fun everyone is super nice specially the lead pang vang she's very helpful and friendly she will guide you with everything that you need to know .
experience
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2018
Dexcom would be enough for you to pay your bills. you will have a time management depends on shift that you choose. you will have more experience on machines.
it WAS great, but...
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2018
When I started, it was fantastic, all about the patients; when I left, I don't even know what it was all about, but not really about the patients anymore. Totally sad, it is a GREAT product, but they are unable to fully support it and the mickey mouse moving things around leaves the patient suffering the most with the employees anxious and stressed and some miserable.
not funny
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2018
management is a joke, if you are not part of the drinking buddy crowd then you are to survive there. favorites are played for sure, money is ok but not enough to invest your time and skills there
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
the job
Churn & Burn
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2018
Dexcom will work you to death. They do not care about their field sales Representatives. The management is terrible. Management will never give you positive reinforcement. Their managers do not go through management training so the majority of them do not know how to manage. Dexcom will churn and burn you. They view you as replaceable.
Pros
Excellent Product
Cons
Overworked, unfair compensation, terrible management
good place to work they have large break room
Operator I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2018
good place to work the outfit is good good manager good coworker
clean room to worke i learn alot of think and make good frined the supervisor is knowledge
Pros
free coffe
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dexcom. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Dexcom.

Powered by Comparably