Dexcom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing product, terribly managed company
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2018
Great product!!
EXTREMELY disorganized and counter-productive management.
Commission does not make sense and only a very few meet their goal.
Co-workers are very friendly and that is what keeps me coming into work everyday.
Annoying
Clean Room Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2018
Even though the work environment is very relaxed the supervisor was very unprofessional. I would never wish is upon anyone to have to work with someone like him.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
positive relaxing atmosphere
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 7, 2018
Dexcom was a relaxing positive work atmosphere for the most part. The office was very well decorated , management did make sure we were comfortable health wise. The negative side of Dexcom is that they laid off the temps.
Pros
State of the art cafeteria (break room)
Cons
lay offs
Growing company
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2018
Dexcom is a fast growing company that is appropriate for those who like fast-paced environments. Dexcom is very patient-focused and you need to care about the patient to do well here. Overall, Dexcom provides fair compensation and is adding to their benefits all the time. You need to work hard here to survive and thrive.
Pros
Celebrations for successes, benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Dexcom Manufacturing Operator I
Manufacturing Operator I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121April 15, 2018
This is a good mid-size company that makes medical devices on glucose monitoring. It is clean room manufacturing that the most updated product in this industry.
it's ok
Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2018
it's depends on who is on your side to have job advancement quicker or never.

work is not hard but it is fast pace and some days are crazier than other days.
Fun, competitive, and relaxed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 10, 2018
Love the culture and the work environment. The hiring process is great because of the way they recruit. Very well organized and I definitely recommend anyone unemployed to apply at Dexcom.
Pros
Great work and life balance
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company
Technical Support representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2018
i loved working for Dexcom. I had a great time helping other. especially our elderly patients. They were worth everything to me and i always left them feeling like a new person.
Steady work, fun environment, great coworkers, AMAZING supervisor
Patient Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 25, 2018
Patient billing in Mesa, AZ has really taken off. Lots of work and new things to learn but the team is willing and able. Supervisor is a dream come true; incredibly patient, hard working, easy to get along with, she actually listens to you. Everyone, every department, every team plays a huge role in the process. Dexcom has had tremendous growth with our patients need of this product. I am very proud to work here and expect to be here for a while.
Pros
Great pay, new facility, goals/bonuses, medical benefits, 401k match, stock options.
Cons
The hiring process seems to take longer than necessary.
Great people, great product.
B2B Technical Support Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2018
Dexcom is a fast-paced growing company with great people and decent benefits. However, promotion from within is difficult and leadership is constantly changing their direction, which makes it difficult to meet goals. Overall Dexcom is a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, Great Product, Decent work/life balance
Cons
constant change in direction from leadership
Nice people, exciting technology
Laboratory Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
Able to work in many different fields which will help build up a persons skill set, especially if coming right out of college. Fair pay for the work..
Fun workplace but keeps getting worse
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2018
I said this because the work that we are doing before was easy and lighter than usual, with 8-10 hrs we can make our goal, no problem. Since the quantity has raised, it has become harder and challenging and overtime has become a demand for every people working here.
Good company
Document Intake Specialist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Was happy to work for dexcpm. There is much diversity. The facility was beautiful amd the people were very friendly. The job held amazing fun events that brought each department together.
Somewhat disorganized
Senior iOS Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Although Dexcom thinks of itself as an agile shop, it is really more of a disorganized shop. You will not find well-managed projects here. The work will get done but establishing requirements is very difficult.
Fast-paced environment with a bright future
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Fast-paced environment.
There's always work to do.
People are great. You get to work a lot with different departments and I think it makes for a great learning experience.
Pros
Job security as you'll never run out of work to do
Cons
Fast-paced environment
Great place for an Internship
Mechanical Product Design Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2018
I loved working here, I learned a lot about myself as an engineer, worked hard and had a lot of fun. The people I worked with were amazing and made work fun, I am looking to go back for full time.
Great place to be
Customer Advocacy Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2017
It's a hard working place with pretty much unlimited overtime. Definite job security. Love working here. The only reason I am leaving is to pursue a career in a different location where DEXCOM is not located.
Still needs adjustments
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 20, 2017
Fast growing company with constant changes. The company itself is great, providing reasonable benefits, pay, and employee perks, but individual departments still need improvement. Needs to pay more attention to employee feedback as to reduce turnover rate.
lots of fun
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2017
work place is fun and love the culture. I guess the only complain I
have about the company is the hours of over time. They'll make you work almost 24/7
Benefits are fair
Managed Care specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2017
Lack of upward mobility. Management is lacking strong leadership skills. Very poorly organized, is trying to act like a Fortune 500 company without the skills. The training for the sales department is a joke, they might as well not have one as no one understands their position and it is the sink or swim approach. If training was improved the sales department would be far more successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dexcom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight