Dexis Consulting Group Employee Reviews

Avoid this place
Something (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2019
Not a good work place and lots of backstabbing behind the scenes by senior management. No career advancement. I would never work here again. The culture is all about making money and nothing else matters.
Pros
Wine down
Cons
No respect for staff.
Rapidly growing business
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 13, 2018
Dexis graduated from small business status a couple of years ago and some of the characteristics of a small business are still a part of corporate culture - this can be both great and difficult depending on which function you look at. It is great in that decision making is super fast and the company is still growing and changing quickly. But it can be a challenge in that the resources and history of field performance is not there... yet. I have worked for a number of the top international development organizations over the years and no place is perfect. But I feel like I have significantly more opportunity at Dexis .... and more optimism about the company and its potential .... than anywhere else I have worked.
Pros
Telework, social events, bonuses
Cons
DC operations is spread across 4 different buildings
a mess
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2018
Bills itself as Int'l Dev firm, but it's just a typical beltway bodyshop.

Lack of direction from internal management. Lines of authority were not clearly defined. Policies were not defined. There was zero accountability; errors were swept under the rug to cover for managers or their favorites. I saw multiple cases (at multiple offices) of what should have resulted in firings just be ignored and no fixes to policy or process be implemented.

The culture tends to be aggressive. You get some aggressively competent and some aggressively stupid. Mostly, though, I think if you're on a project team you'll be pleased with the company and leadership. The overhead departments seemed to be high turnover.

and the corporate events are just poorly thought out. Free bagels? yay! Once every two weeks? Seriously? Are these bagels made out of gold? Wine parties! yay! after hours! ok, but what if I have kids to pickup and live outside DC? Tough luck, then. Potluck lunches! really? What, am I supposed to carry a crockpot on the metro? Free snacks! Except... do people actually eat kale chips?
Pros
convenient to metro/commuter bus; high salary
Cons
toxic culture, unqualified managers, arbitrary standards
Next Contractor to be Investigated
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2018
This is the next IRD. Growth in number of people is more important than investment in current staff. Favoritism is the name of the game here. Dexis should be scared when Auditors come.
Pros
Salaries are high
not great
PC (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2018
Management is opaque and lacks cohesive approach. Communications to staff are lacking.
Misleading in the industry; markets itself as a development company but it is really just a staffing company (butts in seats).

Work/life balance is good.
Salary not bad.
Pretty flexible work from home, etc.
Nearly 2 years at Dexis
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 15, 2018
The ins and outs of Dexis can be quite convoluted whether you're attempting to figure out where staff sits, who belongs to which department, or what exactly are there policies, procedures, and practices. It can be frustrating when attempting to enforce a common practiced policy or procedure only to find out the most common practices and procedures aren't in place. In my experience, not enough direction was given by my managers. In the nearly 2 years I was at Dexis I reported to 3 managers, and who I reported to changed 5 times. Roles and responsibilities were never clearly defined which often led to many staff members within the department working on the same task (often taking initiative to work on the same task) or dismissing tasks and requests as not their responsibility.
Pros
Good place to start work coming out of college
Cons
Low pay, poor leadership/management, lack of clearly defined polices, procedures, and practices, arbitrarily decides when to enforce policies
good
Senior Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2018
I Joined Dexis in May 2017. Dexis main office is situated in a good place. Easy to commute. Office is good. In general, Dexis is a good place to work.
Dexis cultivates a work hard, play hard culture. Lots of social events, but my position is completely boring and dead end.
Senior Finance and Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2017
Your experience as a Dexis employee will largely depend on which project or corporate division you end up working for. I work specifically on USAID funded project that is boring and provides no opportunities for job growth or advancement in the financial support role I am currently in. I need to move on for the sake of my personal career development.
Pros
free bagels, wine downs, summer and holiday parties, lots of fun events for staff
Cons
Subpar PTO and 401K benefits, low compensation for mid-level staff, no promotion or growth opportunities
A GlobalDev Company with Drive
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2016
Dexis is an international development consulting firm doing some very interesting and impactful work. I've really enjoyed working here. They've given me some fantastic professional development opportunities and I've had a chance to learn and challenge myself.

My coworkers are amazing. Some of them are just ridiculously smart and many have worked around the world. But you'd never guess it in their daily interactions and low-maintenance approach to getting things done.

People do work really hard, and sometimes that means long hours. And the company has just recently gone through a major growth spurt, so is still figuring out some of the back-end processes that come with being a mid-sized company, as well as dealing with space constraints. But management seems genuine in their efforts to keep improving and is definitely open to ideas for doing things better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dexis Consulting Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Dexis Consulting Group Reviews by Location