Dextera Corporation Employee Reviews

Good pay, horrible company
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 19, 2019
Started in August. Other companies on the same contract raised their wages meanwhile it took Dextera 3 months to respond, and when they did, they told us they were pulling out of the contract and we had about 2 months to find a job. So here I am.
Disappointing!
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 30, 2018
A crowded and stressful work environment with zero privacy. Pay is not commensurate with the physically demanding, high volume of work. Incredibly boring and repeditive work. 4 people have left since I arrived. Training is not very good.
I can't wait to exit this place.
Pros
Going home at 4:30
Cons
30 minute lunch is awful. Pay and benefits are lousy. Work environment is very depressing.
Ridiculous Work Environment
File Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 22, 2018
Never had set deadlines for the files were were packing to ship to an alternative storage location. Micro-managed by someone other than I manager to work like dog in a hot warehouse.
Pros
Occasionally Free Pizza
Cons
Dirty, extremely high health care costs
A company with a revolving door
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2018
Nobody stays there long and those who stays are probably the ones that makes who create this situation or the ones who just simply can’t find a better job
Pros
Pays not bad
Cons
The stress of the work makes you ask, it it worth it?
It could have been a great company to work for
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Centerville, VAMay 26, 2018
Dextera could have been a really good company to work for however the way my contract ended it was not good. They allowed good employees to be left out to dry with nothing. Not only that they punished the good employees for the behavior of the bad employees that they put in these positions which left a lot of people without jobs.
Wonderful place to work.
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Couldn't have paper, pens, books, cell phone at your desk. Workplace was a government contracted job. Management was great. Had security protection. Wonderful people to work with.
Decent paying job for easy work
CMS Verification Specialist GCII (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 24, 2018
Pretty loud in the PODS, nothing is ever done about it. Pay is great, work is easy except when they change the guidance 20X a day.

My supervisors are great, willing to do anything for you.
Enjoyable company to work for
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 20, 2018
Overall, Dextera has been a very professional and accommodating company to work for. Management understands their role in supporting the employees and fosters a sense of comradery among the employees.
Fun work place you are able to help people
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 11, 2018
Preformed data processing and informing consumer of any changes that have been or need to be made for their account.
Excellent management that will work with employees.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Contract work
Poor management, Favoritism etc..
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. This place is stressful so much favoritism, nepotism. Your working your butt off for a little bit of pay. The management has no clue what there doing, your asking for help but do you receive it of course not.
Pros
Get to go home after work
my honest opinion
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 2, 2018
i would have a hard time recommending a job with dextera to anyone I know looking for employment. In fact I have turned several people away because I don't want people I know to get caught up in the unfair work environment that includes a culture of favoritism and nepotism to a degree that I've never seen in a working environment. Decisions made by management are often hastily made at the last minute despite management being aware of a situation for weeks or even months sometimes. There is a lack of support from corporate whenever anyone not in management has an issue with said management. raises are nonexistent despite doing some of the most physically taxing work in the office. the pay scale has not followed in accordance with the ever increasing amount of work. The hardest part of this job is waking up every morning knowing that I have to spend the next 9 hours in this office and the most enjoyable part will be when I finally get to leave. Working here has put an incredible strain on my mental health causing long bouts of depression
Pros
i get to leave at the end of the day
Cons
being here
Caring owner and management; skilled and experience staff
Records Manager/(FOIA) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VA 20120November 7, 2017
The work was at a level commensurate with my experience. The management was caring and competent. Very flexible hours. Salary was what I asked for. The hardest part of the job was working at the client site. It was undergoing a workplace transformation project where you were not assigned a desk, workstation, or other equipment. You work at any available station and telework was not available to contractors. I enjoyed the open and responsive interaction with management -- onsite and at Headquarters. Very supportive of staff.
Pros
Accessible and helpful management
Cons
Client worksite was uncomfortable.
Dextera Corporation
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 5, 2017
Easy, fast paced, good desk job, good benefits, good pay rate, biweekly pay, flexible schedule, training, great staff, wonderful opportunities if you're wanting to work within the business.
i like the agency that i work for
FOIA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 8, 2017
I think that the company should pay more. I think that they short change there employees when it come to pay, but they expect quality and lot of work from there employees
Cons
Low pay
Completely unstable
Eligibility Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 28, 2017
You can lose your job at anytime. Fired 200 people at once. Me being one of them. There is absolutely no job security here. $15/ hr with $4.27 an hour health benefits.
Pros
Pay, Hours
Corpus Christi CCAD Tech Data
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 20, 2017
Do not work here unless you really need a job. The contract has no raises. Management is weak and enjoys stirring the pot. Not a good atmosphere to work in. There is drama here and nothing ever changes. You could literally sit at your desk all day watch movies on your phone and do nothing. So if you are a hard worker please dont come here.
Excellent Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2017
Dextera is a family basic company and excellent Human Resource Department. The CEO former and present are beautiful people. I work on a government contract and It was a great job. The most enjoyable was being able to assist people with getting there documents they requested. The hardest part of the job will be leaving the office.
Pros
Sopport
Stressful and noisy environment
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2017
Shows favoritism. Loud, disrespectful, and noisy co-workers. Minimal chances of career advancement. Crowded, congested work spaces. Elbow to elbow no privacy. Files sit forever before being processed.
Pros
Near the metro
Cons
Red line safe track. Construction zones. Poor management. Frequent distractions.
decent place to work.
Sub contractor company of Serco NA (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA 22030July 2, 2017
good place to work for those wanting / needing a job, not necessarily a career job.

relaxed / low key work environment.

management is fair and responsive to the needs of employees.
Pros
steady relaxed environment
Cons
low pay, not much advancement potential
Stressful
General Clerk II (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 8, 2017
I did not like this job too much it was stressful in the beginning. I loved the government employees i worked with if i could have been here permanently i would have. Nice working environment.