DexYP Employee Reviews

Virtual work environment
Digital Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 16, 2018
The company was in a state of transition while I was there, however the management was overall supportive. There was extensive and comprehensive training, though the overall processes were cumbersome and could be a hindrance to the day to day functionality of the job.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
insecurity of job environment
I wish I could work for DexYP remotely
Inside Sales/B2B New Business Software Sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 14, 2018
I started at Dex with no Advertising or Marketing experience and within the first year I had a new career. I started off as an Accounts Manager where I take inbound calls/outbound calls to existing customers and renew their advertising program and up sell our new products or more advertising space. I quickly got promoted to the B2B new business sales team, where I blossomed. I enjoying selling and interacting with customers. Teaching about our services. I also built a pipeline of new acquisitions. Setting up Join.me's to demonstration our Thryv software, as an Inside Software Consultant.
Pros
Very casual atmosphere
management is okay
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
I am not answering this because I am still employed there and would hate for them to stumble upon this and figure out who I am. It is really weird Indeed asks you to post this.
Terrible Management and lack of advancement
Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 11, 2018
No room for advancement. Management has no idea what tey are doing. Company has has More than 3 CEOs in less than 3 years. Company has gone banckrupt multiple time over the last 5 years.
Great culture
High Risk Software Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 10, 2018
Good company with a winning culture. Day is comprised of time on phone selling and meetings and training's. Great training culture. I learned so much about advertising and internet marketing.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
company is downsizing. Looking for advancement
Work Day
Telemarketing Assistant (non-sales)-Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Working at DexYP was an adventure for me. While I had left prior to the acquisition, I will say that my work experience there was great. I worked in a support position and enjoyed interacting with upper management as well as the sales personnel. I would say the most challenging times were during the previous acquisitions and the changing of the guards so to speak. The business demanded constant change and adaptation to the changing world of advertising. It was at times stressful but overall rewarding in the sense of learning new ways of doing business and reaching others. I especially enjoyed the company sponsored team building activities.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly co-workers, team building
Cons
Demanding, fast paced, stressful at times
Company on a downward slope
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 8, 2018
Senior management has no clue what the employees in the trenches do. Ineffiicient leadership and direction. No clear path for advancement. Outdated technology.
Pros
Free snacks, flexible schedule
Cons
Needs new management and a clear direction for the company.
Supply Chain - Tucker
Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manger - Procurement (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 6, 2018
YP LLC was very good with work/life balance. The communication of YP being bought out by Dex Media was poorly communicated to employees. Advancement opportunities were limited. I am not even sure if the Tucker, GA office still exist. Overall, the experience was not bad, no company is great at everything I have learned in my many years.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Advancement
They just lie
Success Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2018
Dex took over and lied about everything. Cheated people out of severance, lied about transfers to new positions. Layed off top level of executives on day one, and still laying people off. They will have their 4th bankruptcy soon.
Pros
The office is well lit
Cons
Everything else
Great leadeship team who want you to win.
Software Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 2, 2018
Great place start and end your career. Management work to help their various teams to achieve their goals and they encourage your to achieve career advancement.
Pros
You determine your sales area.
Flexible work hours
Premise Marketing Consultant, Bilingual Sales (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 2, 2018
The ability to work from home is always a plus to balance personal life and work. During my three years there unfortunately I had 5 different managers.
Driven by performance
Account Executive / Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 1, 2018
I enjoyed work8ng for 5he company, The salary more than made up for the stressful working conditions: Promoted people who were not always honest . Those who followed the accounts had a lot of clean up to do.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours
Positive Environment with Good Work LIfe Balance
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working there. They focused on the right things. Employees were treated with respect and they cared about the customers. There were decent benefits and a good work/life balance.
Business Adviser and Software Sales
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 26, 2018
Virtual Work Environment, Traveled January thru June throughout South GA. Google and Yahoo/Bing Certified. Business Adviser for Small, Medium and Large Businesses
Pros
Union Representation CWA
Cons
Travel 6 Months January - June
job off shored
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton, MAJune 25, 2018
very stressful typical day started at 8am and phones were on constantly with no time to work and balance inventory
workplace culture was poor and too much micromanagement from the top
benefits
Cons
stressful work environment
Forward thinking, sales-centric company
Senior Manager - Leadership Development (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2018
DexYP is making the shift from selling Print and Digital Advertising to cloud-based business automation software. The company is using their 2000+ Business Advisors to leverage their strong relationships with their client base to sell this cutting edge software that will allow SMBs to run their business from the palm of their hands.
Pros
Ability to work remotely, fun people to work with
Cons
Too much travel
Cool Job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2018
I liked that they are very competitive and try to help people strive to becomes better and more motivated while not making other people feel badly if they don't do as well.
Almost every other review you read is true.
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2018
Great place to start off your career and to get experience in multiple areas in corporate jobs. If you can last a year, you might be able to laterally move to other departments and gain more experience. However, in that one year, your position will have changed at least three times and the process you follow would have been changed even more.
Pros
lunch on campus, health insurance, covered parking
Cons
micromanaged, disorganized
Great opportunity for someone just starting out.
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 19, 2018
Good work life balance. Demanding production schedules. Ability to work from home and set your own appointments. Tough to sell the same thing everyone else sells.
It’s a grind
Sales (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 19, 2018
Yes sales is a grind but it’s hard to grind when you selling a bad product. The leadership team is great but I feel like they don’t care about their employees. The directors and other management are pushing to hit crazy numbers that no one has ever done. It’s something I currently do but not looking to stay much longer.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
Product, pressure, stress, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DexYP. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DexYP.

Powered by Comparably