DexYP Employee Reviews

Found 1,160 reviews matching the search See all 1,177 reviews
Family office setting.
Project Specialist/AOA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2019
I worked under YP Holding LLC, before the buyout to Dex. I only worked for Dex for 5 months before the YP offices closed in St. Louis. YP offices were more like a family office because on an average the time of an employee service was 15 years on the low end, making it easy place to work but little room for growth.
Pros
Exchange time allow
Cons
Career growth within the company
fun place to work
MARKETING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 12, 2019
Decent company, good benefits, low chance for advancement, routine day to day operations. good starter job, male centric environment, social environment
Great People, Consistently Failing Company
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 8, 2019
Working at Dex Media/ Dex YP/ Dex One was a great stepping stone. The people and benefits are what makes the company tolerable and keeps people around. The culture and C level leadership is laughable but persistent. There is no lack of trying to connect with their employees, but it just doesn't click. There is a high degree of separation as to what the company is planning and what the company is actually producing, and unfortunately the employees are supposed to grin and bear the short comings while maintaining a positive outlook on the company. Overall you know everyone is trying to make it work, it just doesn't come together.
Pros
Great time off plans, occasional team events, free food.
Cons
High Stress, overhauls often, process changes every 1 -2 months.
Worst employment I've had
Sales & Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 6, 2019
Worked like a dog after the 8 weeks away training at their Texas hub.....then after doing really well, working longer hours than the norm, they made mandatory redundancies with "last-in, first -out" mentality. I left after 6 months, there is an upper management click and if your not part of it, no matter how good you are, you won't be accepted.
It seems they train you on things that cannot be proven and in reality, appears too good to be true to a customer - I felt that what they tell you to sell to people isn't true and the amount they charge is different for every customer - I wasn't comfortable with that.
Pros
paid for overnight stays away from home for meetings and campaigns
Cons
management, favorites, constant staff turnover
Downward spiral since the Dex Media acquisition of YP
Many Positions (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 5, 2019
Run away! If you like demanding metrics, systems that dont work properly, waiting 3 weeks to get paid the wrong amount only to have it taken back away, and upper management making uneducated irrational decisions that impact your ability to be successful?...then look no further because this is the place for you!
Wanna be kept in the dark and be deceived by executives that are trying to squeeze the life out of yellow pages print revenue while hiding behind the facade of being a cutting edge software company (Thryv) that has only rebranded a white label software that they lie about creating? Apply Today!
Wanna devote your life only to have it ruined for the sake of them saving a few bucks? Come join our team!
If you are a talented individual that wants to help us shove a square peg into a round hole.....make sure to bring your sledge hammer so we can take it from you before we give you the boot!
Pros
They award way too much time off for performing basic job duties
Cons
Deception. The promises of a big bright future aboard the Titanic.
great place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 3, 2019
Great beginning place to work, but not much room for advancement and don't take current skills and education into consideration of placement. People with master's degrees working same job as high school grads.
When it was YP,
Automobile Policy Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 1, 2019
Great place to work when it was just YP.com, loved the staff, the office/company culture. We were like a family. However, soon after a merger, things got very tense and stressful. Eventually, we were all let go. Sign of the times.
Pros
Great culture, Manager was awesome, Stocked kitchen, Relaxed environment.
Cons
New bosses, Overbearing and lack of respect for us who had been there for years.
I love hate relationship with this company
Digital Advertising Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2019
The only problem I had with this company was the workload. I enjoyed the culture and flexibility. Great building, nice view of the lake. I loved working out on my lunch break,
Avoid at all costs
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2019
There aren't enough characters to allow me to elaborate on the millions of reason why NOT to work here. Upper management has selective amnesia and when issues are elevated to HR, they support the management.
Pros
Nice Cafeteria
Cons
The list is too long
Learned a lot from my manager
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2019
I had the best manager that I have every worked for at this company. I learned many new skills. He was a great coach. He knew how to get me motivated.
Pros
Independence, work remotely
Cons
no parking at the office
Ambitious Goals
Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 17, 2019
DexYP has some very ambitious goals for the direction they want to take the company and that's very exciting. However, the road to achieve these goals have been through some very treacherous terrain. Maybe this has been more challenging since DEXYP is stronly moving the company in a new direction with it's flagship product THRYV - a software solution for small buisness - while implementing system intergration of two companies from the legacy Yellow Page print and digital businesses.

Currently, the daily sales direction is clear yet difficult to accomplish with old systems being eliminated or replacement systems that are ineffective.

Management with tenure, yet lacking resources for support with department and job cuts leaving resource gaps.

If you can make the required cold calls from your own sources to net the specific new business appointments required, while setting a specific number of appointments for existing clients and close business weekly, you can do well. If you're willing to educate yourself on the products and invest your own time resolving client's concerns and then invest more time identifying who can process the solution you've identified - you can be very successful. If you can sell new business within this environment, you can have a very lucrative career with DexYP.
Pros
Very lucrative new business compensation
Cons
Internal support is poor
Good compensation
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 12, 2019
When I worked for Dex, they needed to improve their production fulfillment processes. It looks like maybe they have done that with their new software offering.
Pros
Compensation, training
Cons
Poor quality service offering
Joke of a Company
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2019
They do not treat people of color at the same level as others. The company buys out other companies and tries to push new products, like Thrive and lose a lot of revenue. A lot of layoffs!
Pros
Good Pay, Nice work environment and the Cafeteria
Cons
Racist and unprofessional people in Management, Not en equal Opportunity Employer

Hi,

Thryv is about equality and inclusiveness of all races. It indeed saddens us to hear that you feel this way and wish we had the opportunity during your employment to sit down with you to discuss the way you feel.

Company was great, then fired 70 employees
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2019
My best job so far professionally, and then we were ruthlessly shut down and forced to find employment elsewhere. Good luck planning the executive team's next move.

Hi,

We know that change can sometimes be difficult for all involved and we're mindful of that. Thank you for your service to the company.

Great Place to start
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2019
Great place for people that don't know a lot about technology. Most activities there are copy and paste and template based skill sets. Not much creativity going on here. That said, its a good place to start, the staff is really nice, management like most places could use a little work. They are quick to make decisions and don't think twice. One minute they will preach one thing, the next minute they abandon that idea and go another direction. The software, "thryv" that they sell, is just a third party app that they make you believe they created. When in honesty, they are selling someone else's product that they rebranded. After a year of work, I would get out of there, most, if not all skills learned there are not transferable to other REAL ad and marketing agencies. There objective is to leave that field and become a software-only company, but their software is not doing so well at the moment.
Pros
Great Place to start.
Cons
Company is struggling to get out of a hole. So Job security is a little unstable.
Fast paced work environment with many deadlines to meet
Division Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 29, 2019
Employed for 25 years thru multiple mergers. A very fast paced environment with hard deadlines in the sales industry. Change is constant & you need to be flexible & change gears quickly at times.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Jobs moving off-shore.
Dexyp
Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Remote - Home OfficeJanuary 28, 2019
I have worked for this company for over 25 years and have had an amazing career and benefits. The company has had many changes and challenges over the years and have managed to adapt and thrive regardless of those changes.
Company is headed down a path that is not conducive to sales.
Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 27, 2019
DexYP is quickly eliminating jobs, eliminating support people, not updating old systems that don't communicate with other internal departments.
They even closed the help desk on weekends. You're encouraged to work weekends, however to save money - no help desk.
Pros
vCita (white label software)
Cons
direction of the company, culture, low morale, high turnover.

Hi,

Thank you for all you do as a valued DexYP employee. The future is bright and we're happy to have you on the team!

Awesome
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2019
DEXYP is a great place for motivated and competitive people. The only limit to success is you. They provide you with all the training and knowledge you need. You either have the juice or you don't.
Fast paced
YP (Contractor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 22, 2019
Unlimited growth/learning potential, fast-paced environment, supportive management, family environment. If you're willing to work hard and are in a place that you want to learn A LOT, QUICKLY, this is the place for you! There is a can-do environment and even though it can be fast paced and hard work at times, it's a great place to take your career to the next level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DexYP. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DexYP.

Powered by Comparably