DFA of California

DFA of California Employee Reviews

DFA of California insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Good job for experience but low compensation

At times I was working 35+ hours/week as requested but was unable to be a full time employee. The people are nice and inviting and willing to teach you how to do the job but the pay is very low which is probably why they have a high turnover rate at the specific site I worked at.

Pros

Good lab experience

Cons

Low pay

Great

Everything was great everything was fine everything was horrendous Everything was good everything was great I went to work every day I slaved we had lunch 15 and 30 minutes breaks you work 10 hours a day sometimes 12 management comes around and micromanage and the customers are very nice and some are very dumb

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Pay

Simply getting your job done and sitting for long hours with little compensation.

There is no progress or hope to work your way up. The job requires you just to sit and get your task done, which isn't difficult, but after hours and hours, it can be less encouraging.

Worst job I ever had

This job wasn’t difficult at all but was one of the worst I ever had. During the season you work 7 days/weekends 10 to 12 hours. No benefits. Sick days accumulate after certain hours. Supervisor is rude and unprofessional. Training is bad. Seniority has priorities first.

Pros

Meeting new people at work

Cons

Having no life, no benefits, and dealing with a unprofessional supervisor

easy job great boss

christy is the best boss you could ask for she’s completely understanding and helpful as well as working with you on your schedule. overall great job !

Pros

a lot of hours and great co-workers

Cons

not much room for advancement

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Worst job ever

The job was not difficult to do it’s dealing with the unprofessional supervisor. Besides not having benefits and it’s a seasonal job, I was lucky to leave that job for a better paying job. I don’t recommend this place at all.

You get lots of hours during season

I was well trained and step right in to the inspectors job. I enjoyed working with the people that where at the places I was station at. I would tell everyone how good this job was.

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

It was seasonal

Easy job.

The job is easy, simple, and repetitive most of the time. And the supervisor in the Chico, CA., area is very flexible. In a typical work day we usually go the assigned walnut plant take our samples, do a test and fill up official paper work. Some places work fast and others slow.

Very interesting job

It is fast pace work and a lot is expected. Math is involved and it can be tedious. I worked their as a seasonal employee but they had me their for almost a year.

Great place to better laboratory skills

Place is great for a day job. People are nice and it's easy to get along with everyone. However when it comes to career advancement it's fairly stagnant.

Loved my job!

It was a very chill and laid back environment. As long as you were doing your job and doing the paperwork correctly, then everything goes smoothly. The work was a bit hard for me to understand in the beginning, but I learn slower than normal people unfortunately. But they worked with me and were always accepting and very patient with me if I had any questions. (I had a lot of questions in the beginning).

stressful but a good company

the kingsburg management team at safe food alliance work hard and are very professional. the pay is on a merit basis, and comes with decent benefits. The over time is nice during season but when out of season its very slow and boring.

Long time ago

I dont understand this process or why is it that im being asked to complete this, when it was a long time ago. I am not sure of what is being asked of me to complete.

Easy job.

All depends in what processing plant you are send to work. Some are low paced with friendly environment; others are really noisy fast estressful places. Most plants work 40 hrs at week, but sometimes it is necessary to work overtime. There are a few plants that work more than 8 hrs/day and Saturdays. In the area of Chico Ca., the supervisor is a nice person and try to send you work to the best match plant for your needs. As Inspector you have the responsibility to grade commodity products and fill up correctly all the paperwork for certification. It is very important to do this right in order for the plants to be able to sell their commodity nationally and internationally.

Pros

Easy job.

Cons

Lots of responsibilities. Travel to different places. Some places are really noisy and stressful.

A lot of hours.

A lot of hours to offer you, and enough to keep you busy. The checks are nice on payday, and you work independently. You get to travel to different plants.

Pros

Great money

Cons

Long days, not a lot of time with family

It’s a very nice job to work in because you get to meet a lot of people that are friendly

It’s a good job to gain a lot of experience and to learn how to work on your own most the time and how to manage problems on your own! The supervisors are very nice and understanding.

Productive . nice coworkers

I love working here very flexible.my boss is amazing. Very flexible with my kids needs.understanding wene need days off or need to leave work early...

Pros

30 minute lunches . 15 minute breaks

Healthy work environment

The people who I worked with were great and made everything easy to understand and were willing to put their work aside to help me if I needed it. I would. One hundred percent recommended this job to others.

Fast paced

Would be non-stop from the time you get there till you left. Very fast paced, and learn fast, work independently often. Travel a lot, knew where to go for the next day before the day was over.

Pros

Seasonal but can come back for the next season if you worked out, and great money

Cons

Short term

don't remember

It was seasonal so I really don't remember all that much about policy and paperwork, just the grading and the places. It was all over the valley and the work was interesting.

Pros

don't remember

Cons

don't remember

DFA very low pay,no chance for advancement

Very low pay.The walmart of Commodity inspection companies.Very good pay when you work 25jrs. of overtime in a week. Workers maybe call in when not there but no disciplinary action is taken.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DFA of California. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• DFA of California