DFW International Airport Employee Reviews

Its good
Ssp america (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 6, 2018
The people are really good to work with and nice to meet my friends always help me at work and they care so so so so much i recommend coming to work here
Valet/Dispatch
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Dispatch duties is a challenge. Valet and shuttle duties are steady. Company gives the employees the option to shadow other jobs to see if there would be any interest.
Shall not take a position at that facility again
World Wide Flight Services Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Worked there for 4 years for 3 different companies. hours are long management is poor. Atmosphere is caustic at best toxic at its worst. Ground support equipment contract companies Swissport and WFS are mismanaged and technicians are underpaid and over worked. Facilities are third world as far as mechanic shops no running water to wash hands closest rest room is over 100 feet from work area. No heat in the winter had to take fans from other companies in 110 degree heat to at least circulate air in shops.
Pros
None to mention
Cons
Working there
Productive and fun workplace with collaborative team
Estimator/Cost Manager (Former Employee) –  DCC buildingSeptember 19, 2018
That job was for TEI construction that worked on DFW Airport construction projects. There were several construction companies in our cost management team that creates healthy competitive environment and challenges. My typical day is from 8 am to 5pm with one hour lunch break. The hardest part for traveling from and to work.The traffic to work and from work wishes to be better. Freeway is always busy and you would need to triple or quadruple travel time determined from Google maps. The most enjoyable part was collaborative team work that helped me to build new skills and learn new software.
Pros
Collaborative team
Cons
Travel to and from work time
you can work at your own pace
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 14, 2018
I liked dfw because I seen new people everyday from different places different personalities... they let you work at your own pace but make sure u follow their rules ,.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
own pace work
Good environment to learn and develop customer service skills
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXSeptember 2, 2018
You are placed in many situations where you have to use your common sense and legendary customer service skills. Working under pressure is an everyday occurrence you have to work through.
Pros
Customer service education and customer reward
Cons
Short breaks, lack of staff
Productive and very fun i really learned from the experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 31, 2018
Get the crew together give job duties a motivational speech than get to work
I've learned how to be a leader an a better net worker
Best part about the job was being able to get a chance a opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No workers
didn't have a decent break room
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 28, 2018
Go to the main office grab car keys walk to the garage location if in garage find the car do an outside inspection and drive the car to the corresponding terminal. if the car was in a terminal take the shuttle bus to the terminal location check in with the valet driver at terminal podium so he or she could scan your keys tag then walk to the car do an outside inspection the drive the car to the garage.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lot's of walking
Prior to current CEO it was GREAT!
Program Manager, Airport Development & Engineering (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 24, 2018
The last group of individuals to join the airport led to the release of 23 of 30 managers to individual contributors. The VP was an certifiable idiot and was hired by the EVP who also wasn't qualified.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
pay
N/a
Business Center Manager at the Grand Hyatt (Current Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TXAugust 14, 2018
A typical work day is informing guest where to go for a meeting or to which terminal their flight is flying out of and times. The hardest part of the job is actually getting out the airport. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing new faces and helping out when needed.
Great Place to work
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 2, 2018
Great place to work. This is my review and I'm totally happy with it. You should check this place out as its a great place to work. In the meantime, you should look at all the jobs that are posted at dfwairport.com/careers to see if something matches your background, education and interests. Good luck.
Great place to start a job and stay for many years.
Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 1, 2018
For the most part, I loved the environment. They seem to be very family oriented which I loved. They also updated us with any changes in the airport. There were a lot of people in charge but, they all seem to work well together. The meetings before hand used to help discussing not only work related and personal things as well. I went through a hard time and they were one of the reasons I was able to handle it because of their support. There is culture, diversity, team work and passion which all seem to make it all work together.
Pros
Family enviroement, meeting new people everyday
Cons
working outside allday no matter the weather
Used to be a Great place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
Last five years Management and executive Management has changed numerous times, with out any clear direction. Spent millions of dollars on programs that had proven in the past to fail. Yes there are people in management that will back ball you, Human Resources is just a name.
Fun work place
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Express ParkingJune 8, 2018
Everything was good with working at the airport! What I like the most about it is meeting all kinds of travelers.You never know who you are going to meet and who can help you. It's a fun place to work.
french cafe
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 8, 2018
people were wonderful management not so good. besides one or two that went to bat for there workers. and I thank them they help me through some tough times
Hard working facility
HMS Host (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2018
The HMS Host employers are very professional and understanding with things as long as you plan ahead but they are short staffed. They dont offer medical benefits but they fit the description of what i needed at the time.
Fair enough, not bad but not great pay
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXMay 17, 2018
Did not have any issues with management or people I worked with. However, the pay was not sufficient enough. I enjoyed my job, coworkers were great to work with.
Workplace Culture
Board & Owner Cities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2018
there is the right way, the wrong way, and the DFW Airport way - it's usually somewhere in the middle. There is a lot of expectations of you, but any ideas you may have are quickly squashed. it's a "do as we say" type enviornment.
Pros
Great benefits, pay is decent, time is flexible, great coworkers
Cons
Senior management, ideas don't go far, no room for creativity
Friendly people and employees always tried working as team
Airport baggage carrier (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2018
Management was great and everyone was like family. Very diverse employees. I had a great time getting to meet people who were from all over the world and learning other people’s perspectives on culture and how their world runs.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXApril 8, 2018
I worked threw a temp agency, So management wasn't all that great but if I had worked straight threw DFW itself it would have been worth keeping the job
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DFW International Airport. Our community is ready to answer.