DGI Supply, A DoALL Company Employee Reviews

Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJuly 19, 2018
Selling and training customers- the most enjoyable.
Became a Sandvik Specialist.

Management- very supportive.

Culture-positive
Hardest part of the job was travel
Cons
not a fun place to work. they need to get a new manager!!
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2018
DGI is a poorly run company. with very unrealistic goals.
The manager for the se part of the usa is one of the worst I have ever worked for! his meetings were degrading, nothing was ever upbeat!!!
Great Boss
Site Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 15, 2018
DGI was a great company to work for. But, when you are a contract employee, sometimes it is short lived. They lost the contract(thru no fault of Mine and my Supervisors fault. But it was good while it lasted. I was basically self directed with certain duties to do. Loved this job.
Pros
Hours, Pay, Boss
Cons
Sometimes would be on call for weekend tool emergencies
DGI SUPPLY in a tail spin to go out of business or being sold.
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 31, 2018
Disorganized company
The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing or that there is a left hand.
The top VP’s at DGI turn over every year or so and since it is a family run company, one bad VP after another and goes from bad to worst.
Within 3 years the company will be sold or will go out of business as they are in an uncontrollable tailspin due to extremely poor management.
Used to have 350+ sales personal throughout the US and now down to fewer than 55. Used to have close to 80+ locations now down to 24 of which many are CSR’s working from their home. My region had 24 sales personal a few years back and now has 10. Stay away from this company as there are far better choices out there with a promising future.
My director of sales/sales manager is an outstanding manager, yet he has no say in any matter and over ruled on all matters.
Pros
Used to be a nice place to work
Cons
Extreamly poor management
good work environment
csr/sourcing (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 20, 2018
I enjoy my work and my coworkers. It is a great environment. It is fast-paced, but we all collaborate. I would highly recommend. I've learned much about tools.
Horrible place
Welder Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILNovember 9, 2017
Very bad management. A lot of work for little pay. No future. You can't talk or really ask questions unless its to the manager. They speak to you any type of way.
Cons
Good family owned large corporation
SALES ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILOctober 24, 2017
Good long term people to work with. After building your territory the rule is to reduce the number of customers if you excel in making great increases in wages and earnings. Then house accounts will absorb your customer base and telemarketing and internet based web site sales will be introduced to these customers to avoid paying commission type sales engineers in to each account. 50 accounts per salesman will then be the rule from then on with the goal of less servicing the customer with a personal visit by the territory rep.
Pros
Good promos
Cons
Employee provided transportation
Great Enviroment
Payroll Clerk (Temp Assignment) (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILAugust 24, 2017
Learned a lot about the company and what they do. Everyone is very friendly and laid back. I really enjoyed working here, too bad it was just a temporary position
Should be one of the top distributors in the country, best lines. Regional management is absent, fire first, then ask questions
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 11, 2017
Company is struggling to change direction. The Houston location knows how to sell and take care of customers. They buy great companies, then destroy them and lose customers.
Pros
Great vendors to work with, strong lines
Cons
No support from HQ. Sourcing and pricing are not very knowledgable
Great Company
Integrated Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
DGI does a lot of things well. I wish them well in the future with great success. New management in place that will make good decisions. Good Luck to you.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 17, 2016
Driving to customers, checking inventory, testing new mfg. tools
Learned salesmanship from management.
Very nice co-workers
The hardest part of the job was the long drives
Best part of this job meeting nice people on a daily basics
Pros
Took customers to lunch
Cons
Miles put on your own vehicle
A company that doesn't listen to anyone but the talking heads in the main office.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 19, 2016
DGI Supply which is part of DoAll, should have just stayed in bandsaw manufacturing. They know nothing about industrial tooling. The competition (Fastenal, MSC) has the tooling in stock and ready to ship asap. DGI has to find a location that has it and by the time it ships, you could have already gotten it from somewhere else. DGI Supply likes to buy up small companies that they see as competition and then run them into the ground. Senior Management then blames everyone else but themselves.
Pros
No micromanaging, good benefits, flexible hours.
Cons
Terrible Senior Management, they do not listen to the people doing the work who KNOW what they are talking about.
Nice facility and people
Director, Data Management and Governance (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILAugust 4, 2016
DGI supply DoAll is an Industrial Distributor serving the Metal Working,OEM manufacturing, and MRO market spaces. The overall culture is good and the individual is able to work independently to achieve personal and company goals. This is a very tough segment as US manufacturing is in decline and there is strong competition for this business.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Moderate benefits
Wouldn't reccommend
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJuly 7, 2016
Too many managers, not enough employees. Managers/Executives are making decisions and never follow through with them. Lots of turnover, pay cuts, lay offs, etc.
Pros
work/life balance
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2016
Working for this company was a great experience for me. When I first started I had no idea how to operate a gas forklift. They took their time and trained me with no problems. It is a great company!!
Minor Player in Industrial Distibution trying to compete
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2016
Nice people, a bit disorganized due to many changes as they try to transition to a major player in an established industry. If you survive long enough to get better accounts built, you should be OK.
once a very well run family business ( you felt part of a large family)
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 6, 2015
Recent changes in managemet to the way the daily business is run
or the way they want customers to have their orders , requests ,
handle as caused a lack of business .
Pros
large family going somewhere
Cons
lost the family / customer relation
great job, management disconnected
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 7, 2015
The job is fairly easy, if you work hard to stay on top of tasks. Going through plenty transitions and pay was cut in hopes of recovering the companies stability. my direct manager was extremely obscene. The other managers and higher uppers seemed nice. Lack of diversity.
Pros
casual work environment
Cons
disconnect between roles
A company with no real direction
Sales account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 24, 2015
There is no clear direction, the streamlining of the inside sale team has made it impersonal as to how they handle the customer. The company treats you like a salary employee requiring many different reports, but the compensate you on straight commission.
Pros
I like interaction with my customers and getting them solutions to their problems
Cons
no consistant pricing to customers unless you setup pricing on the specific item
First Job with a Supply house
Inside Sales Rep/CSR/IS Sourcing Team (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 13, 2015
Used to mfg. This was a change.
Solar Turbine ships a Kennedy tool box, filled with tools that maybe need to work on the Turbine Engine. I was to make sure this was done monthly 35 to 50 tool box. In/Out going calls, Oder/Quote.
Never be afraid to ask question.
Great teacher was my supervisor. He had been with DGI/Southwest
for many years.
I love to learn.
Pros
close to home
Cons
A lot of bad language

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DGI Supply, A DoALL Company. Our community is ready to answer.

DGI Supply, A DoALL Company Reviews by Location