DH Pace Employee Reviews

I loved working at DH Pace
Project Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 14, 2018
The company really cares about it's employees and rewards loyalty. There isn't much in the way of career advancement or growth opportunities unless you want to make lateral moves within the company. That being said, if you have kids and want a steady job with low stress levels, flexible hours, and a great working environment this is an awesome place to work.
relaxed team work based environment
Locksmith (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 9, 2018
I work as a locksmith. So a typical day for me is pinning cores and cutting keys. The work place in the warehouse is very team based. I've learned a lot about cores and keys but I've learned everything I can.
Pros
Union benefits
Cons
No career advancement
Growing Pains
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
DH Pace is a great company to work for. There are a lot of growing pains and internal politics. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone. Be prepared to work long hours and put in the work to get the reward. Management can be slow to change their mentality.
Cons
Low 401K contribution, limited flexibility, backwards management mentality
great company except for understanding
Biller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
Great company but no empathy or sympathy

During my probationary period my son was ill and hospitalized, I had back surgery and a no fault car accident. None of these were planned. Doctor's note and still they let me go.
Pros
great pay
Cons
they stick to company policy with no understanding
Relaxed environment with plenty of opportunities to advance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 5, 2018
Relaxed environment with plenty of opportunities to advance
they encourage advancement and give you one on one training if you are struggling with tasks
Management is sub-par
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66061May 16, 2018
I have been with this company for 4 years in 2 different positions and unfortunately in both there is lack of training and support by management. I would NOT recommend this company.
A good place to work
Front Desk/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 12, 2018
I've been at DH Pace a little over a year now and I think it is a really good job, specifically the front desk position I'm in, for anybody seeking a part-time job with good pay. The environment is for the most part friendly, and the work always keeps you busy. I enjoy working here!
Pros
flexible hours, steady pace, employees
Cons
no benefits for part-time, no advancement
team players work place with a great lunch room
Administrative Assistant Mail Room (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2018
I like the team at dh pace. they are all very helpful and are willing to help in any way possible. very humble respectful professional people. they are truly a great example of team work and leadership.
Pros
free luches on the holidays
.Benefits aren't great. pay is decent
commercial installer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2018
Not bad starting pay for new trainees. Most installers make thier money in overtime. Usually no forced weekends. Can be late nights during the week
Benefits aren't great.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility. Independent Working. no micro managing if you're doing your job. plenty of o.t
Cons
hours can be crazy sometimes. Benefits aren't good
Work place is great as long as your kissing up to management.
Commercial Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2018
It's not what you know, its who you know to keep your position around here. If you enjoy working long hours, directed by multiple arrogant managers, and a good ole boy working atmosphere, look no further. No training provided with expectation of you that reaches the sky. Keep your business to yourself and you'll last twice as long. Good Luck
Pros
Gas Card
Cons
Over Staffed, Poor Management, 401K is a joke
The worst place you could ever work
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 1, 2018
This company is a complete joke. The company is very dishonest and extremely unprofessional. The have all these awards for being a good and honest company with a good reputation. All lies!!!!!
Stifling, Sexist, and Doesn't Work with Disabled Persons
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 27, 2018
I've worked many places, but DH Pace is pretty awful. You have to be male and have the gift of gab to get ahead there. Women are undervalued and underpaid (and I'm not the type to see that everywhere). HR is incredibly catty, rude and strict, and they DO NOT work with anyone I've seen with a disability or medical condition. Management is overworked, stressed out, and mostly impotent. Leaving asap.
Pros
Decent employees working there
Cons
Culture, Pay, Benefits, Everything
Great place to work if you never want to advance.
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 21, 2018
There are almost no opportunities for advancement or lateral department movement here, the management treats almost everyone except a few treasured employees like garbage, and there's never any mention of when you do something well or accomplish anything; however, they will point out one tiny misstep as if you're on the brink of losing your job, and will bring it up as often as possible just to remind you that you're worthless.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Easy going workplace, Lenient work schedule
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2018
This job has been one of my favorite careers to date. It has shown me so many skills that I had no idea I would have an interest in without the opportunity I had been given. The Sales team and management here are all very relaxed and supportive. I learned a great deal of customer service skills, as well as a huge benefit to my computer technical skills and mechanical operations skill set.
Pros
time off, exceptional work environment, Positive overall attitude
Cons
constantly on the road, no set schedule, or predestined work hours
Tremendous Growth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
Opportunities abound due to expansion. Need to be a self starter and proficient without constant oversight and training. Busy environment with good people.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Outdated OS
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 29, 2017
Management does not do good job. Training they provide is not enough. . They do not train properly. Need basic and thorough training for new employees.
Pros
Working with others
review
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2017
is an ok place to work a lot of politics. I would not recommend this company to any of my friends. however they do pay well. this company moved to lenexa
Pros
pay is good
Cons
too far from my home now
Its okay.
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 14, 2017
A lot of emails and calls. Depending which area it could be good.Still to new to know for sure. The training has been slow. A lot of people seem to stay a long time and move up in management.
Commercial Doors
Warehouse Driver (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 3, 2017
Overall the company is fun and most of the people are great. There is some long, frustrating days, but there is also some good and easy days. Just depends on the job you are working.
Estimator/Detailer (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 28, 2017
I feel like I was guided and trained to the best of the companies ability. I was welcomed by all and felt like part of a team. My output made a difference in company growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DH Pace. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight