DHI Mortgage

Clear
3.6Pay & Benefits

mortgageloanfileofficebalancetrainingcompanylife

Decent company

Decent company to get into the mortgage industry, the base pay could be better when comparing it to the average market. The commission structure needs to improve due to many homes being delayed.

Over worked and underpaid.

Nothing. Management is poor and will over work you and will not pay you overtime. You can work till midnight for free and it will never be good enough for them! Do yourself a favor and don't bother applying or working at this company. They only see what you do wrong and you will never receive praises for all the hard work you do.

DHI Mortgage insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Low Compensation, Poor Management and Poor Communication

There are a lot of issues in the specific department I work in. Low compensation, poor management and a complete lack of communication are big ones. On the upside, they will promote anyone! Regardless if you are qualified for job or not, experienced enough for the job or not, they will promote you!

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Low compensation

Great family to work for

Although compensation needs a lot of improvement, I do feel that this is a great company to be a part of. They will help you every step of the way for sure.

Productive, but laid-back environment.

I started working for DHI Mortgage about 2 months ago. I know it varies from branch to branch, but the Columbia branch is outstanding. Everyone around me is amazing and has been so helpful thus far. Our branch manager is the most ideal boss out there. A typical day at work starts with logging onto your computer, checking e-mails, and knocking out any important or time-pressing task. After that, the rest of the day involves assistant the Loan Officers with any tasks they need completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment of the office, and forming relationships with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job are those higher volume, busier days where you are constantly working on files and have tight submission dates & guidelines. This is mostly during the end of the fiscal year. Other than that, it is easy breezy! I love my job, the company, it's values and the relationships I have formed.

Pros

Flexible, Relaxed, wonderful co-workers, time-off, salary, bonuses, able to work from home

Cons

Sometimes customers can be slightly difficult, but we work together as a team to sort out any problems that may arrise.

Good yet demanding

This is a good mortgage company. They are affiliated with DR Horton the builder so almost all loans are DRH purchases. Don't have to worry about being in a refi shop and being laid off when rates are higher. Overall management is good, they are knowledgeable and respectful. Company is a good size with different departments including training. Pay and benefits are good. They are busy like everyone else and everyone is working OT.

Pros

Pay, benefits, security, remote & flexible

Cons

Lots of OT

great company

Fun and competitive place of employment, Great benefits, great hours and lots of opportunity for advancement. Management is down to earth and has open door policies

Enjoyable work

Enjoyable work, overtime, paid holiday, paid vacation, 401K. Training and support could be better. Limited upward mobility for advancement and future endeavors. Lack of communication from upper management.

great co workers

Manage a mix pipeline, of VA, FHA, Bond and conventional loan types Pre-underwrite the file prior to first underwriting submission Main point of contact for, builder, loan officer, underwriter, management, title, appraisal department and the closing department. Directly responsible for maintaining customer contact throughout the loan process, with weekly to daily phone and email correspondence Request needed documentation from customer per DU/LP guidelines Request needed documentation from the builder and 3rd party venders Analyze the collected documents requested and submit to underwriting for credit approval, conditions review and final approval Communicate, all loan decisions to the customer, builder, and third-party venders as needed

Pros

builder perks

Cons

healthcare, bad 401k

A lot of work for little pay

One should expect to be over worked and under paid. The culture is good and currently improving. There are good managers and there are really terrible ones, unfortunately you find this out after you have started your job here.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Heavy work loads and very minimal pay

Work, work, work

Excellent Benefits. It's a pity you never have personal and family time to enjoy. Community volunteer time off activities for the staff appear limited outside of the head office location in Texas

Pros

Benefits ae great

Cons

Work, work, work

RUN far far away

DHI is easily one of the worst places to work. I am a hardworking get the job done kinda girl no matter what it takes. I have never been more stressed in my life to work for a company. The pettiness, the "high school" like politics, the utter insanity of the work place. Unreasonable deadlines. Company is staffed to close 130-140 homes a month expects team to close 300+ with no help and meet the same percentage goals as when they are closing 130. Mandatory overtime. ZERO work life balance. Promises advancement and then continually comes up with reasons "why you aren't ready" even if those reasons are invalid and you can prove it. Management plays favorites and bases raises and advancement off of who you know not your performance. Don't try to call them on it either because then you will suddenly get a write up for something completely random. Everyone is a gossip and you can't trust a soul. If you hate your life and want a job that kills your soul work for DHI. Oh and when I quit they have this exit survey and you can request to have someone reach out to you concerning your survey. NEVER called. Clearly they don't want honest feedback to help improve. ONLY reason I stayed as long as I did was because their benefits are amazing but I actually took a MASSIVE pay-cut just to get out of there. I was having serious medical issues working there so had to go. They also underpay basically everyone. Granted you get really good benefits but still the pay sucks no matter what position you are in.

Pros

company events, REALLY good benefits

Cons

management, salary sucks, "good old boy" system

This company is a fast paced company. The hours were usually over 40 hours plus and overtime was required. However they did always compensate you fairly.

Productive and fun place to work

Great job, great people, low stress times, high stress times, work from home when working extended hours. Comfortable workplace. Supportive management.

Pros

Benefits, benefits, work from home at times

Cons

Lots of extra hours

Great start

Great company to work for with wonderful benefits. I enjoyed my time there a great deal, the people were very friendly and helpful and the location couldn't be beat.

Impossible metrics

More work with no raises. worked 5 years without a raise. Overtime is frowned upon. the more you work the less they appreciate you. The time frame on how your work must be completed is unrealistic. They rather hire from outside then promote within.

Dhi

Great management team. An OK work/life balance for the most part until you get into a quarter end. Remote opportunities and promotion from within occurs often.

Pros

Good pay & benefits

Cons

builder partner can be difficult

A great place to work

The mortgage industry is not for everyone, but DHI is the best company to start off with if you're going to enter it. Month and quarter ends are very hectic and busy, but the people here care about you, especially the corporate office in Austin

Pros

Opportunities for growth, benefits, productive work

Cons

Month end work-load, stress

Productive place to work

The company culture has changed recently due to political reasons. I was creative and productive prior to that which was appreciated and recognized by management.

Pros

benefits, recognition system

Cons

recent company culture changes

You will make a lot of money but have no life

Very stressful, very demanding, you are pretty much on call 24/7 to service your sales people and your borrowers. Zero work life balance. You will be compensated well for it. Just be prepared to work yourself to death

Pros

Good company, great benefits and pay

Cons

Sweat shop

Fast-Paced, Sometimes stressful (month-ends), Productive work environment

Great company with excellent benefits. Pay is commensurate to work responsibilities. Work environment is comfortable. Month-ends are extremely busy and can be stressful.

Pros

remote positions, flexible schedules

Cons

stressful, heavy workloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHI Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight